+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Angel1029

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
Well they say 30 days, so can't see why 3 weeks time would be a problem?
because i believe they clinic will send the med result at least 1
week to cic. i got my med request on march 19 and my med appointment is not until april 16. thats makes me worry coz im sure the cic will get the result after 1 month already..

melissaj

Star Member
May 2, 2017
I'm April 10th applicant I got my DM on ECAS on March 14, but my CIC account just changed to reviewing eligibility, I haven't received any mail, do you know what they ask for the landing interview?

Oh I wish I knew. I haven't received anything as yet too. When I called CIC and asked them what the status on my application is, he said that its been approved for permanent residence, however the automated messages still says that they are reviewing my eligibility for permanent residence and still processing my background check. I think ECAS was not updated with the new information.

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017
because i believe they clinic will send the med result at least 1
week to cic. i got my med request on march 19 and my med appointment is not until april 16. thats makes me worry coz im sure the cic will get the result after 1 month already..
Just email CIC (through webform) if you are concerned, they will extend the deadline if they are informed The request does only say the exam must be performed within 30 days, which you are still doing.

HInland

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
Passport Req..
20-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
LANDED..........
13-10-2016
Is there is any one know about Health Insurance?

I applied in land in Aug 2017. Last year, I bought a package of health insurance for a visitor visa when I just got to Quebec. But now my husband's contract at work also covers my health insurance, so I just wonder if I still need to buy a package of health insurance like last year?
It is not clear if you're talking about Provincial Health Insurance or extended health care. Employers usually provided a extended health plan as part of employee group benefits. This kind of plan as the name says "extend"s the provincial health and provides you with drugs, dental and other benefits not covered by our province. But, it doesn't cover emergencies, doctor's appointments, etc... Therefore you might still need a travel insurance until you receive you'r AIP and apply for the provincial health plan.

Reactions: Trinh

HInland

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
Passport Req..
20-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
LANDED..........
13-10-2016
guys can anyone here help me. I sponsored my wife for PR inland program. she does not work so we didn't renew her work permit. is she legally allowed to stay in Canada now that her work permit is expired (more than 6 months) until decision is made? immigration lawyer gave me some crazy advise that my wife has to leave Canada and apply from outside and made me very worried and it's possible that her PR also get rejected since she doesnt hold a valid statues.
I've been always the first one to trash bad immigration lawyers/consultants, but I am afraid that in your case he might be right and I am sorry to say that. The fact is that applications for PR (Express entry, Family class, etc...) do NOT give you status in Canada.

As per your brief explanation she didn't apply for a WP with the PR application. Now her WP is expired for more than 90 days and she doesn't have any other type of visa to support her stay in Canada (I've assumed that). After 90 days without status she cannot apply for a simple restoration of status and I confess that I don't know what she can do now.

I do not mean your lawyer doesn't hold any responsibility on her situation, in my mind he is the sole responsible for this situation and he should step up to help you with your case. Maintain status in canada is such a obvious thing and no lawyer should ever forget that.

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
It is not clear if you're talking about Provincial Health Insurance or extended health care. Employers usually provided a extended health plan as part of employee group benefits. This kind of plan as the name says "extend"s the provincial health and provides you with drugs, dental and other benefits not covered by our province. But, it doesn't cover emergencies, doctor's appointments, etc... Therefore you might still need a travel insurance until you receive you'r AIP and apply for the provincial health plan.
Thank you so much for the response. I will ask my husband to see if the package is the same with the tourists' package.

pops62

Mar 17, 2018
Hey there!My upfront medical was expired September 2017 and they requested the new one 15Feb 2018,I passed it and no more news.I’m March 6 applicant and I guess I’m not lucky with that 80% processing in 12 month..Good luck
Thanks for replying, I guess they will ask me for it soon then.

Canada_Tim

Sep 11, 2017
Hey All.

My wife just received her medical request (Yay) but we also received a request for her unaccompanied 16 year old son who lives with his dad. The father has no intention of letting him move here but we included him on the application regardless. They live in a rural village far away from any CIC approved MD’s so the logistics of making this happen are really difficult. Would they allow an exemption for his medical?

Timeline. Aug 18 2017 app received. Oct 7 AOR/ schedule A/ PCC.

CdnwifeUSwife

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Peterborough
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
21-12-2017
Doc's Request.
08-02-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2018
Med's Request
15-06-2018
Med's Done....
29-06-2018
LANDED..........
25-10-2018
Also do you know if I can use OHIP to do the medical?
I wondered the same thing. Would panel doc accept OHIP to cover the costs of medical exam?

abcdmud

Jan 23, 2017
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Feb 12, 2017
Doc's Request.
Apr 3, 2017
AOR Received.
Mar 5, 2017
Med's Request
Jun 14, 2017
Med's Done....
Passed Jun 29, 2017
Interview........
Mar 5, 2018
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2018
I wondered the same thing. Would panel doc accept OHIP to cover the costs of medical exam?
No they don't. You have to pay our of pocket for the Medical.