April 2017
Med's Request
February 28 2018/ March 12 2018
Med's Done....
06-03-2018/ May 17, 2018 PASSED
Passport Req..
01-06-2018
Guys
In form IMM1344 Application to sponsor,Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking, should my Wife declare that we are previously under common-law since we are living here together before we get married?
But the thing is, we applied for common-law sponsorship before but they cic refused my application because lacked of proof like the Residential Addresses on some of our accounts like bank (I forgot to change the address when we live in).
And now that we are married, we're applying for Spousal Sponsorship.

maicha

Star Member
Feb 26, 2013
SK
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Feb 2017
Doc's Request.
June 2017
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
AOR Received.
April 2017
Med's Request
February 28 2018/ March 12 2018
Med's Done....
06-03-2018/ May 17, 2018 PASSED
Passport Req..
01-06-2018
Guys
In form IMM1344 Application to sponsor,Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking, should my Wife declare that we are previously under common-law since we are living here together before we get married?
But the thing is, we applied for common-law sponsorship before but they cic refused my application because lacked of proof like the Residential Addresses on some of our accounts like bank (I forgot to change the address when we live in).
And now that we are married, we're applying for Spousal Sponsorship.

Kriestyn

Feb 3, 2018
Hi Guys,

I am sponsoring my wife under the inland procedure and we are living together in Canada. The complete guide for Background declaration says,

Schedule A – Background/Declaration (IMM 5669)

You (the principal applicant) and any of your family members 18 years of age or older (who are not already Canadian citizens or permanent residents) must fill out, print, and sign a this form.

Does the above mean, she needs to submit a copy of background declaration for her parents and sister along with hers?

I am so confused. When I asked this questions before, some people said she needs to submit it for herself only as her family is only we two after the marriage. But some said, its required for her parents and sister as well.

Please help me clear this confusion.

Thanks

Hi, my partner and I did our own application and it wenten well, Imm 5669 is for your Wife only and any children 18 years old or older, I hope it will helps.

Perrybrown

Jan 23, 2018
Kanata
hi again just wondering maybe you know the answer of this question below.
But the thing is, we applied for common-law sponsorship before but they refused my application because lacked of proof like the Residential Addresses on some of our accounts like bank (I forgot to change the address when we live in).
I wouldn’t apply before I get maximum proof of living together, also when you Submitting the application you should add one explanation letter reagading your past application that will clear their douts. Also that’s not mandatory, but in your case, you should declare everything related past relationship history with your wife.

Last edited:
Reactions: AshaMc

Leogirl22

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
App. Filed.......
Nov22, 2017
Doc's Request.
Jan 11, 2017
Med's Done....
May 2018
Did any thing change in the Background check because for me it changed from "Not Applicable" to "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check." .Can you please let me know .
Hi.
I'm waiting for this change to happen. It seems it indicates that they started processing your application.
Could you please share with me your timeline?
Thanks

sakura_hana17

Feb 1, 2018
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Doc's Request.
28-06-2017
AOR Received.
23-06-2017
Med's Request
05-02-2018
Med's Done....
08-02-2018
Interview........
03-05-2019
LANDED..........
03-05-2019
Hi, I am the late May applicant who received the medical request last month. I have noticed that after I passed the medical exam, I checked the CIC account and 'review of additional documents' now says 'we are reviewing the additional documents you provided'. I believe the only additional document I submitted was the schedule A back in June and also that 'background check' says 'we are processing your background check' since last year around November, I think. Does anyone know if they complete the background check, the message would say 'you passed the background check' just like the medical exam? Just my curiosity!

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can anyone (who experienced) explain the process of telephone landing interview ? How does the whole process and getting CoPR works ?

Matej

Apr 7, 2017
May be I see some different information online, but when I checked processing times for spouse sponsorship outside Canada - all the countries have the period of12 months.

Yakuza_princess

Star Member
Sep 15, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2017
AOR Received.
December 18, 2017
Did any thing change in the Background check because for me it changed from "Not Applicable" to "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check." .Can you please let me know .

Mine says the same thing. So I’m not really about it.

Last edited:

Yakuza_princess

Star Member
Sep 15, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2017
AOR Received.
December 18, 2017
Anyway I have an update for you. This didn’t happen to me but to my friend. she was under implied status when she applied for her owp and she had waited 8months before she got approved for her student extension but she already sent her spousal application before she even got her student permit extension. What she did was she sent her extended study permit through webform and she eventually got her owp expiring on January 2019 same as the validity of her passport.

Yakuza_princess

Star Member
Sep 15, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2017
AOR Received.
December 18, 2017
Hey guys. So i got an email this morning saying that i have a status update! I signed in and my OWP got approved!!!
It says in the Final decision: "Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details."

In my messages all it says is : " In Canada Approval Letter - March 2, 2018 12:50:30 p.m. EST March 2, 2018 12:50:30 p.m. EST New Message"
What does that mean?
What will i get next? My OWP in my mail? How long will that take?
when will i be able to get my SIN number?

Thanks!!
Congrats. I am not sure how long but I guess around a week or two. Someone who had the experience will clarify that but once you have the owp paper form in your hands you can go to service Canada and apply for your SIN. Bring a valid piece of ID. This is either your passport or provincial ID. It’s pretty fast to apply for SIN. You can start applying for jobs and once hire you can just follow up the SIN to them.

Reactions: marcewang

HInland

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
Passport Req..
20-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
LANDED..........
13-10-2016
Hi, I am the late May applicant who received the medical request last month. I have noticed that after I passed the medical exam, I checked the CIC account and 'review of additional documents' now says 'we are reviewing the additional documents you provided'. I believe the only additional document I submitted was the schedule A back in June and also that 'background check' says 'we are processing your background check' since last year around November, I think. Does anyone know if they complete the background check, the message would say 'you passed the background check' just like the medical exam? Just my curiosity!
We already received the AIP and a email stating that the decision was made, also ECAS status is DM, but no change on MyCic. Except for the review of additional documents, it was saying that documents were needed until a few days ago.
I don't think MyCic give us a real status and it is really crazy to see the discrepancy between ecas and mycic, my advice to everybody is to keep an eye on the email.

Application status: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help - Application status
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: Not applicable.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

***My tyimeline is on my signature

joannet

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
Hey guys. So i got an email this morning saying that i have a status update! I signed in and my OWP got approved!!!
It says in the Final decision: "Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details."

In my messages all it says is : " In Canada Approval Letter - March 2, 2018 12:50:30 p.m. EST March 2, 2018 12:50:30 p.m. EST New Message"
What does that mean?
What will i get next? My OWP in my mail? How long will that take?
when will i be able to get my SIN number?

Thanks!!
I received mine 2-3 days after approval. You can get your SIN right away - it took me a total of 15 min with waiting time.