+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Emily89

Star Member
Dec 14, 2016
That's a good question.
Well, I read several forum discussions and it seemed to me that people get phone interview only when they live somewhere in remote area (remote in relation to the nearest CIC office).
Also, several people wrote that they got a letter (not an email) with date/time of the appointment. So, I was under the impression that a letter notification is a regular way for the appointment notification. However, theoretically they can call to book an appointment.

It would be nice to hear from people who already had their interview scheduled - was it letter/email/call and was it phone or in-person interview?
When i got mine it was just an email from my local office letting me know the date and time of the interview and what to bring.... That was the first i heard about getting approved haha. 3 days later i got the AIP and DM which was funny haha

maicha

Star Member
Feb 26, 2013
SK
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Feb 2017
Doc's Request.
June 2017
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
AOR Received.
April 2017
Med's Request
February 28 2018/ March 12 2018
Med's Done....
06-03-2018/ May 17, 2018 PASSED
Passport Req..
01-06-2018
I am holding an open work permit and expiring soon and currently living and working here in canada and my soon to be wife will apply for spousal sponsoring me and she is a PR. We are going to process our application by ourselves and we need your help on this FORM IMM5257. please and thank you.

under the form APPLICATION TO CHANGE CONDITIONS, EXTEND MY STAY IN CANADA IMM5710
Which box i am going to tick to apply or extend for open work permit?
box 1. A work permit with same employer
box 2. Restoration of your status as a worker
box 3.An initial work permit or work permit with a new employer
box 4. Temporary resident permit

Perrybrown

Jan 23, 2018
Kanata
I am holding an open work permit and expiring soon and currently living and working here in canada and my soon to be wife will apply for spousal sponsoring me and she is a PR. We are going to process our application by ourselves and we need your help on this FORM IMM5257. please and thank you.

under the form APPLICATION TO CHANGE CONDITIONS, EXTEND MY STAY IN CANADA IMM5710
Which box i am going to tick to apply or extend for open work permit?
box 1. A work permit with same employer
box 2. Restoration of your status as a worker
box 3.An initial work permit or work permit with a new employer
box 4. Temporary resident permit
You should click initial work Permit

maicha

Star Member
Feb 26, 2013
SK
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Feb 2017
Doc's Request.
June 2017
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
AOR Received.
April 2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
01-06-2018

Kozyrytka

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
Ontario
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
Doc's Request.
27-07-2017
AOR Received.
25-07-2017
Anyone from June received the medical request yet?

I wish I didn't have to keep asking this but on the spreadsheet the last medical requests are dated Nov 24 and this is inaccurate.
June applicant here -> Nope. Not even a single word from IRCC :/ we have 3 more months to go not sure how they are going to process our medicals + our applications + send AIPs and interviews. It seems like once we send out our medical documents they will have to accept them right away and rush towards AIP etc? From what I've seen in other applicants for them to process our medicals take up to a month.

marcewang

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
Hey guys. So i got an email this morning saying that i have a status update! I signed in and my OWP got approved!!!
It says in the Final decision: "Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details."

In my messages all it says is : " In Canada Approval Letter - March 2, 2018 12:50:30 p.m. EST March 2, 2018 12:50:30 p.m. EST New Message"
What does that mean?
What will i get next? My OWP in my mail? How long will that take?
when will i be able to get my SIN number?

Thanks!!

Reactions: shmoops

haps22

Star Member
Apr 8, 2017
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-03-2017
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
Med's Request
15-01-2018
Med's Done....
16-01-2018
June applicant here -> Nope. Not even a single word from IRCC :/ we have 3 more months to go not sure how they are going to process our medicals + our applications + send AIPs and interviews. It seems like once we send out our medical documents they will have to accept them right away and rush towards AIP etc? From what I've seen in other applicants for them to process our medicals take up to a month.
Hi, I am March 27 2017 applicant. Just wanted to share my timeline so it helps give you hope! I also didn’t get my medical request when everyone else who applied at the same time as me did. Instead of October/November 2017 as other applicants, I didn’t get mine until end of January 2018, but it showed I passed within a week of the physician submitting my results (I got my medical done the next day after I got the request). I just got DM and my AIP email yesterday (under the 12 month timeline). I was stressing myself out thinking my application would be delayed since it didn’t follow the same timeline as the other March applicants, but that clearly wasn’t the case.

sk000

Jan 3, 2015
Hi, I am March 27 2017 applicant. Just wanted to share my timeline so it helps give you hope! I also didn’t get my medical request when everyone else who applied at the same time as me did. Instead of October/November 2017 as other applicants, I didn’t get mine until end of January 2018, but it showed I passed within a week of the physician submitting my results (I got my medical done the next day after I got the request). I just got my AIP email yesterday (under the 12 month timeline). I was stressing myself out thinking my application would be delayed since it didn’t follow the same timeline as the other March applicants but clearly wasn’t the case.
Thank you for your timeline, haps22. It really boost up our hope who are waiting for medical.

Aob-Dtd

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
Hey guys. So i got an email this morning saying that i have a status update! I signed in and my OWP got approved!!!
It says in the Final decision: "Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details."

In my messages all it says is : " In Canada Approval Letter - March 2, 2018 12:50:30 p.m. EST March 2, 2018 12:50:30 p.m. EST New Message"
What does that mean?
What will i get next? My OWP in my mail? How long will that take?
when will i be able to get my SIN number?

Thanks!!

Congrats. What is your timeline?

Smiler

Jan 11, 2018
Hi, I am March 27 2017 applicant. Just wanted to share my timeline so it helps give you hope! I also didn’t get my medical request when everyone else who applied at the same time as me did. Instead of October/November 2017 as other applicants, I didn’t get mine until end of January 2018, but it showed I passed within a week of the physician submitting my results (I got my medical done the next day after I got the request). I just got DM and my AIP email yesterday (under the 12 month timeline). I was stressing myself out thinking my application would be delayed since it didn’t follow the same timeline as the other March applicants, but that clearly wasn’t the case.
Congrats!! The only constant is the lack of consistency! Enjoy the next chapter of your life.

maicha

Star Member
Feb 26, 2013
SK
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Feb 2017
Doc's Request.
June 2017
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
AOR Received.
April 2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
01-06-2018
You should click initial work Permit
hi again just wondering maybe you know the answer of this question below.
In form IMM1344 Application to sponsor,Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking, should my Wife declare that we are previously under common-law since we are living here together before we get married?
But the thing is, we applied for common-law sponsorship before but they refused my application because lacked of proof like the Residential Addresses on some of our accounts like bank (I forgot to change the address when we live in).