IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
One more question @profiler ... Is this part of the final stage? The waiting time is ... %##%&@
When my wife applied, the waiting time was 26 months. That was March 2nd 2016. They announced the changes December 7 2016. She landed May 5th 2017 (which was approximate the date of her AOR + 12 months). That was even faster than the outland process for Russia (which at that time was 13 months). I do understand a year seems like a long time. Imagine what it was like for us with no news at all, and we assumed 26 months of that. So I do get your frustration -- but it's really not that bad. Once it's over, you won't remember it; it's quickly forgotten.

Yes. Stage 2 is Medical, Criminality, and Security. You can confirm you're in stage 2 by logging into ECAS as the sponsor. You'll see DM / In Process.

Reactions: AshaMc

Jonesk9

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
Northern BC Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-16-2017
Only way to find out it to call them, though I tend to agree that the OWP only remains valid with an inland app in process.

How come he went home, I think you had alot of trouble getting AOR in the first place and will now be starting all over again? How long has he been out of Canada, can you just not keep the inland app active and he can re enter and go get a job here with his OWP.
He went home after Christmas as we were told his work permit wouldn’t be approved as is due to outdated forms. A month later it arrived in the mail (call centre said that we wouldn’t get it) There is some family health issues that are keeping him there. He is working as well even though he’s got his permit now. We are just trying to do the right thing. I feel uneasy about continuing inland when he isn’t here. But don’t want to lose the work permit.

Matej

Apr 7, 2017
Dont worry, i have been waiting since Feb6th where my ECAS changed to DM on both sides..
OK, after 4 days of silence I got a "Landing Interview" email today. They wrote a local immigration office will contact me (by a regular letter, I assume) re: date/time of the interview.
Waiting for a letter now, hope, it won't take several weeks.

Snibbles

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
23-10-2017
Med's Done....
upfront - 18-10-2017
Still waiting! Does your eligibility start yet ? What your application status ? My OWP application received on December 8th
According to MyCIC my OWP application was received at Vegreville on Jan 8th. My application status shows as "still processing"

Reactions: Yakuza_princess

Jonesk9

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
Northern BC Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-16-2017
So it still is unclear if it stay valid. It does say it’s not possible to get one if the application is withdrawn however is doesn’t say what happens once it’s issued.

This is just a thought we’ve talked about. It was never our plan. Just trying to be honest.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
So it still is unclear if it stay valid. It does say it’s not possible to get one if the application is withdrawn however is doesn’t say what happens once it’s issued.

This is just a thought we’ve talked about. It was never our plan. Just trying to be honest.
If a material change has happened, it is reasonable to believe it's no longer valid. I provided the example of when the landing happens. In your case, two material changes to eligibility would happen: There is no longer an inland SCLP application in (withdrawn); and, the applicant would not be living with the sponsor. It's reasonable to believe it would not be valid. If it was me, I would not work on that permit.

Just because they don't come to the door to take the paper away, doesn't mean it's valid. Keep that in mind.

EGH

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
When my wife applied, the waiting time was 26 months. That was March 2nd 2016. They announced the changes December 7 2016. She landed May 5th 2017 (which was approximate the date of her AOR + 12 months). That was even faster than the outland process for Russia (which at that time was 13 months). I do understand a year seems like a long time. Imagine what it was like for us with no news at all, and we assumed 26 months of that. So I do get your frustration -- but it's really not that bad. Once it's over, you won't remember it; it's quickly forgotten.

Yes. Stage 2 is Medical, Criminality, and Security. You can confirm you're in stage 2 by logging into ECAS as the sponsor. You'll see DM / In Process.
Patience is important.. !! Thanks
My Ecas shows.. In Process/ Apllication Received

Reactions: AshaMc

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Patience is important.. !! Thanks
My Ecas shows.. In Process/ Apllication Received
That's an indication they need it for the Background Check, then. They start that in Stage 1.

Reactions: EGH

Jonesk9

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
Northern BC Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-16-2017
If a material change has happened, it is reasonable to believe it's no longer valid. I provided the example of when the landing happens. In your case, two material changes to eligibility would happen: There is no longer an inland SCLP application in (withdrawn); and, the applicant would not be living with the sponsor. It's reasonable to believe it would not be valid. If it was me, I would not work on that permit.

Just because they don't come to the door to take the paper away, doesn't mean it's valid. Keep that in mind.
That is a very valid point. I figured as much. Will do some more research. I hate that it’s not clean cut!!!! Everything is so vague! Thank you for your help

Reactions: profiler

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017
He went home after Christmas as we were told his work permit wouldn’t be approved as is due to outdated forms. A month later it arrived in the mail (call centre said that we wouldn’t get it) There is some family health issues that are keeping him there. He is working as well even though he’s got his permit now. We are just trying to do the right thing. I feel uneasy about continuing inland when he isn’t here. But don’t want to lose the work permit.
So maybe someone can answer but if he returned now and assuming they let him back in, can you carry on as normal with the inland app or is it all ready thrown out? I always thought the main risk was with inland is that leaving would be a risk incase you weren't let back in, but leaving Canada for a period did not completely invalidate the app? Obviously though he has been gone for a couple of months but citing a family crisis back home may help?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
So maybe someone can answer but if he returned now and assuming they let him back in, can you carry on as normal with the inland app or is it all ready thrown out? I always thought the main risk was with inland is that leaving would be a risk incase you weren't let back in, but leaving Canada for a period did not completely invalidate the app? Obviously though he has been gone for a couple of months but citing a family crisis back home may help?
@Jonesk9

This is the long-standing $64,000 question. How long is too long? Yes, a SCLP application inland does have the requirement that both parties live together, in Canada. They do permit the applicant to leave (the sponsor can, if they are a Canadian citizen -- PR's must remain in Canada during processing). Usually less than 1 month is acceptable typically. I have heard of cases being refused for being away less than 1 month -- but the more common number is 1 month seems to be ok.

Reactions: Baharm

neevan

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
OK, after 4 days of silence I got a "Landing Interview" email today. They wrote a local immigration office will contact me (by a regular letter, I assume) re: date/time of the interview.
Waiting for a letter now, hope, it won't take several weeks.
Congrats.. it will br soon then

Reactions: Mutato_KT