05-02-2018
Med's Done....
08-02-2018
Interview........
03-05-2019
LANDED..........
03-05-2019
I'm pretty sure they're still stuck in May
Hello, my application was received on 26th of May and I finally received the medical request on 5th of February. Until then, it was silence for the longest time after submitting the background check form in the end of June. After taking the medical exam on 8th, I noticed the message in my online account says “you passed the medical exam”! It only took 2 weeks and I was surprised how fast it was. Hope the rest of May applicants and also those who applied later than May start getting their medical request soon! And for me, many people say they are still waiting to hear from CIC after passing the medical exam for several months so fingers crossed SA will come in a few months from now. I’ll keep you posted if there’s any update :)

XtianM

Oct 5, 2017
Hi, really appreciate the information and the speedy reply.
I thought AIP was a lot quicker, I was counting on using it to pay domestic study fees this year, no worries.

Thanks for the help!
Actually if your are in Ontario and in a relationship (Common law or married) with a Canadian or a PR person, you are considered as a Canadian dependent in any public Ontario college or universities, which means you only have to pay domestic tuition fees instead of international fees. I did this once i was in first year, and i just applied for my PR recently, but I have been paying domestic tuition since then. Talk to your university registrar and I am sure you could also find more information from your school website.

nickmurph89

Feb 25, 2018
Actually if your are in Ontario and in a relationship (Common law or married) with a Canadian or a PR person, you are considered as a Canadian dependent in any public Ontario college or universities, which means you only have to pay domestic tuition fees instead of international fees. I did this once i was in first year, and i just applied for my PR recently, but I have been paying domestic tuition since then. Talk to your university registrar and I am sure you could also find more information from your school website.
Oh my word, you are absolutely right!!
The website states:
Dependents of Canadian Citizens/native Canadians
Dependents of Permanent Residents
A person who has been approved “in-principle” for permanent resident status in Canada and dependents

I thought 'dependents' were children, I didn't know that this included spouses. I got married to a Canadian citizen last August and could have paid domestic fees all of this school year!
Thank you so much for highlighting this. I am going to go and speak to my registrar tomorrow.
I doubt anything can be done for this year, but its great to know I don't have to wait for AIP if I do summer courses.

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
The website states:
A person who has been approved “in-principle” for permanent resident status in Canada and dependents

I thought 'dependents' were children, I didn't know that this included spouses. I got married to a Canadian citizen last August and could have paid domestic fees all of this school year!
Thank you so much for highlighting this. I am going to go and speak to my registrar tomorrow.
I doubt anything can be done for this year, but its great to know I don't have to wait for AIP if I do summer courses.
The same thing happened to me, I got married and had no idea right away so paid international fees for one of my terms, but since then I've paid domestic fees for my last two terms. Honestly such a blessing!

Reactions: nickmurph89

nickmurph89

Feb 25, 2018
The same thing happened to me, I got married and had no idea right away so paid international fees for one of my terms, but since then I've paid domestic fees for my last two terms. Honestly such a blessing!
That's so great! It's a shame you had to pay it for that term but it's good you noticed. It's my own fault for not reading the information properly. All my fees (fall and winter) are deferred until the end of April so I don't know if that will make a difference. Find out tomorrow.

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Sorry, I have another question that I'd appreciate help with.

I submitted my Ontario PR application (Spousal) at the end of October 2017.

I am currently in Ontario on a study permit which expires on October 31st 2018.

I'm a bit confused about bridging VISAs.

Should I:
a) Apply for an OWP (would I still be able to study on this?).
b) Apply to extend my study permit.
c) Do nothing as I should have a PR decision by then.

Thanks in advance,

Nick
Hmm, this is a finicky situation. So, as far as I know, you cannot study on an OWP, you can only work if you have an OWP. Even if, it would have been easier to have sent an OWP app with your PR application. If you had, it would at least give you legal status still after Oct 2018, BUT again you wouldn't be able to study.
So really you have to decide between extending your study permit or waiting for the PR application. Although the timeline is 1 year, it's true for 80% of applications, so it's about if you're really willing to take the risk or not. I would suggest waiting for now and seeing how your application progresses. If by like August you have already done your meds and are just waiting on the SA, AIP, DM, I think it's okay to wait for the PR. If you haven't though, it's a safer bet to apply for a study permit extension.
The study permit extension application does give you implied status too, but I recommend you apply before the beginning of September to extend it.
That being said though, your school will probably start bugging you near the expiry anyway saying the permit they have on record for you is expiring and will ask if you've renewed or if you have a change in status (PR etc).

I'm in a similar situation lol, I'm graduating this April, and I'm looking for full time work, but I don't want to have to apply for the post-grad work permit (PGWP) so I'm hoping I have PR by the time I get a job (if I get one soon lol). But in terms of legal status I'm not too worried because my study and co-op work permit are both valid till 2019 anyway.

cdylie

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
G0x2k0
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-02-2017
Doc's Request.
17-03-2017
AOR Received.
22-02-2017
Med's Request
22-01-2018
Med's Done....
25-01-2018
LANDED..........
14-03-2018
Hi everyone,

Just checked my ECAS this morning and it turns out that I have Decision Made on both sides ( sponsorship application status and permanent residence application status).

Leogirl22

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
App. Filed.......
Nov22, 2017
Doc's Request.
Jan 11, 2017
Med's Done....
May 2018
Hi everyone,

Just checked my ECAS this morning and it turns out that I have Decision Made on both sides ( sponsorship application status and permanent residence application status).
Congratulations

CdnwifeUSwife

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Peterborough
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
21-12-2017
Doc's Request.
08-02-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2018
Med's Request
15-06-2018
Med's Done....
29-06-2018
LANDED..........
25-10-2018
Due to an error that has been corrected, my wife's OWP was resubmitted. CPC-V rec'd it on Feb 19th. I was able to link her OWP this morning (Feb 26th) and status shows as "pending registration". What does it mean? Is she to expect her OWP soon or still have to wait the usual timeframe of 3-4 months for it? Her TVR expires April 21st. I understand after the expiration date, it goes into "implied status" but would be nice to receive it before that date.

XtianM

Oct 5, 2017
The website states:

Yep, you better hurry up, probably you could catch this year's refund deadline to get the tuition difference back for this academic year

manashdeb

Jun 5, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi Friends,
I am living in Toronto and have applied for my month old baby's PR sponsorship on 01st November.
Got email from CIC on 25th Jan acknowledging the application and instructions to link with my UCI, which I was never successful
Got medical request on 14th Feb and did the medicals on 20th Feb.
Can you please suggest what's the next state and when I am likely to get my initial in-principal approval AIP?

Thanks in advance,
Manash

Reactions: Aob-Dtd

futurepr

Star Member
Feb 22, 2018
Hi everyone,

Congratulations!!! Can you share your timeline with us?! :D

cdylie

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
G0x2k0
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-02-2017
Doc's Request.
17-03-2017
AOR Received.