+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

icelandicpie

Jun 22, 2017
we have the same timeline, hopefully the medical request is coming end of Feb or March
I saw a June applicant who's still waiting, so it will probably be end of March/April...
Did your sponsor get approved?

---------------------------------------------------------
Ok I'm confused about the timeline again...

My timeline is in my signature. I'm a July 2017 applicant (July 31st, so pretty much August).
- We still haven't received Sponsor Approval, but from reading other threads I get the impression SA is supposed to come a few weeks after AOR around the same time as Schedule A/Police certificate request? Or is it because I'm an inland applicant? How are we supposed to know we're about to get SA?
- When I log in, my application still says "Your Action is Required" but there is nothing I can upload and it does say my background check is being processed so I'm assuming it's just the usual glitch, correct?
- I'm currently waiting for the medical exam request. That should be the next step, right, and the last thing I need to submit? After that, is it just waiting (for Sponsor Approval?)?

If anyone could clarify the process and answer my questions, I would really appreciate it! Thank you

haps22

Star Member
Apr 8, 2017
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-03-2017
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
Med's Request
15-01-2018
Med's Done....
16-01-2018
I saw a June applicant who's still waiting, so it will probably be end of March/April...
Did your sponsor get approved?

---------------------------------------------------------
Ok I'm confused about the timeline again...

My timeline is in my signature. I'm a July 2017 applicant (July 31st, so pretty much August).
- We still haven't received Sponsor Approval, but from reading other threads I get the impression SA is supposed to come a few weeks after AOR around the same time as Schedule A/Police certificate request? Or is it because I'm an inland applicant? How are we supposed to know we're about to get SA?
- When I log in, my application still says "Your Action is Required" but there is nothing I can upload and it does say my background check is being processed so I'm assuming it's just the usual glitch, correct?
- I'm currently waiting for the medical exam request. That should be the next step, right, and the last thing I need to submit? After that, is it just waiting (for Sponsor Approval?)?

If anyone could clarify the process and answer my questions, I would really appreciate it! Thank you

Hi, the timeline for me has been like this so far..hope it clears things up for you.
March 27, 2017 Inland applicant.
Schedule A & police certificate requested on April 6, 2017(although I was a part of the glitch so I had to send mine manually) Then, silence until September 2017, which is when my background changed to processing. I didn’t recieve my medical request until January 2018 (most of March applicants received theirs much earlier). And now it’s been silence again since I passed my medicals last month. You usually don’t recieve sponsor approval until towards the end of your application, usually a month or in a lot of other people’s case, they recieved it a few days before decision made.
The “your action is required” must be a glitch, I had the same thing in my account for months last year.

Last edited:

New to FSW

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Nomination.....
28-01-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2015
Med's Request
09-05-2015
Med's Done....
14-05-2015
Interview........
TLU 26-05-2015
Passport Req..
PPR: 27-07-2015 DM:30-07-2015
If you thinking about applying through Indian Embessy, it will take 6 to 12 weeks. Batter call you dad so he can apply from india behalf of you. Than it will take 10 days. Hope you get soon!
I heard that if I apply at Consulate in Toronto, we can get it on the same day..... Anybody out there who got pcc from consulate on the same day???

haps22

Star Member
Apr 8, 2017
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-03-2017
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
Med's Request
15-01-2018
Med's Done....
16-01-2018
I don't have them! Should I have them already? :( I am very worried that I it is taking so long and I won't get approved.
I don't have them! Should I have them already? :( I am very worried that I it is taking so long and I won't get approved.
You shouldn’t worry, your timeline won’t be exactly like the other applicants. Some people recieve the SA & AIP a month or so ahead of final decision, whereas others get everything together all at the same time at the end just days apart. But you can call IRCC if you are concerned about anything. Have you checked your ECAS? sometimes it shows more updates than your CIC account.
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do

Last edited:

Perrybrown

Jan 23, 2018
Kanata
I heard that if I apply at Consulate in Toronto, we can get it on the same day..... Anybody out there who got pcc from consulate on the same day???
1 day service applies to who have been already get Pcc in the past, and they became part of online service!. if you gonna apply through consulate you have to submit your original passport along with your application. The rest up to you! Because i’m already Have been through this situation.

Amsadek4u

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Doc's Request.
15-07-2017
AOR Received.
13-07-2017
Hi all, today I received the 'Eligibility passed' letter. My application is from February 8, 2017. Is this letter different from the AIP? And does receiving this letter generally mean you're close to DM?
Congratulations. That’s yor AIP. You should get SA and DM in couple of days or weeks.

Noslord2003

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-02-2017
AOR Received.
12-03-2017
Med's Done....
June
Interview........
25-01-2018
LANDED..........
25-01-2018
Hi all, today I received the 'Eligibility passed' letter. My application is from February 8, 2017. Is this letter different from the AIP? And does receiving this letter generally mean you're close to DM?
You have come to the end of the wait game. Just relax and wait for your landing interview email, it can come anytime

knidz

Feb 22, 2018
You shouldn’t worry, your timeline won’t be exactly like the other applicants. Some people recieve the SA & AIP a month or so ahead of final decision, whereas others get everything together all at the same time at the end just days apart. But you can call IRCC if you are concerned about anything. Have you checked your ECAS? sometimes it shows more updates than your CIC account.
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do
I just checked and it says decision made on both Sponsorship Application Status and Permanent Residence Application Status. But does it mean I get approved! But I did not get any email regarding SA or AIP.

Emily89

Star Member
Dec 14, 2016
So guess who just got their interview date!!!

AOR March 15th 2017, My interview date is for march 15th 2018 I can't believe it, this process has finally come to an end!!! I'm super happy!

Basically nothing since medical in June and then they asked for an additional document in January then silence... and i got an email today with interview details! No AIP DM SA just the email, so for any other March people out there is hope for you it will be soooooon! :D :D