+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

stke4130

Star Member
Mar 29, 2017
Have you heard of anything yet from your application? I am.just wondering them asking me to upload Schedule A delay anything.
No official update, but i spoke on the phone yesterday and they said that someone is now reviewing everything, so i guess if they are asking you for updated info then they have now started looking at your application. They also said that the online status on your account isn't always relevant to what's happening with your application, sometimes it takes longer to update it even though they are reviewing your application

Aob-Dtd

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
Hie .... same thing happened to me .... I got AOR not police clearance... then I clld cic and was told that they forgot to send me correspondence and then i got it next day of calling them .... if you donot get it after 24 hours cll them and cll in morning 7.30 am of Canada time .... wait will be 5 mins only ... they say they open at 8 but I always cll at 7.30 and within 5 min I am able to talk .
Actually we have a representative.
In case we dont hear anything from them within this week. We were going to give them a call.

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
hi. I think you will get everything in next month march . I have read so many posts . Cic just stay silent after medical or so then everything comes in rush. Hope u get good news soon .
M a November 2017 applicant long way to go.

joannet

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
How are Quebecers spouses' PRs moving along?

Applied: Jan 2017; app received Jan 24, but on the main page says: Date Submitted: February 18, 2017
OWP received in April
Medical passed in May
last I heard was in mid-december when they requested my CSQ (which I received back in April as well, but the copy never made it to them); resent and confirmed in Jan. 2018

So...now what? Do I call? Do I wait?

Last edited:
Reactions: gellyvezina

AlexDLaCruz

Sep 26, 2017
How are Quebecers spouses' PRs moving along?

Applied: Jan 2017; app received Jan 24, but on the main page says: Date Submitted: February 18, 2017
OWP received in April
Medical passed in May
last I heard was in mid-december when they requested my QSC (which I received back in April as well, but the copy never made it to them); resent and confirmed in Jan. 2018

So...now what? Do I call? Do I wait?
I’m in similar situation
They receive my application on
January 25 2017 but they started processing on February 9 2017
Last time I heard from them was in December to provide some documents, nothing else since December

sakura_hana17

Feb 1, 2018
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Doc's Request.
28-06-2017
AOR Received.
23-06-2017
Med's Request
05-02-2018
Med's Done....
08-02-2018
Interview........
03-05-2019
LANDED..........
03-05-2019
Early or late May?

On a side note, unfortunately the spreadsheet does not seem to be updated, I'd really like to get an idea about how fast they are going so I can book the medical ahead of time.
my application was filed in the end of may!

Reactions: alexandroz

Kozyrytka

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
Ontario
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
Doc's Request.
27-07-2017
AOR Received.
25-07-2017
Almost the same timeline. What sucks is that my wife cannot start working as our daughter just turned 16 months. And there no way to get OHIP, and without OHIP believe it or not, we have been ridiculed at clinics or asked dumb questions. I've started correspondence with the Minister of Health, pointing that spouses and dependents of temporary foreign workers are eligible for OHIP, while me being a citizen and working in Ontario for over 10 years, my wife isn't. The response I got was that the policy is in place to "attract and retain" foreign talent. This is what they said, "However, in the case of foreign workers, their spouses and dependants, OHIP eligibility is provided in support of provincial and federal efforts to attract and retain skilled workers to Ontario. "

What nonsense, as if we all are at the bottom and talent is elsewhere. Its like a cellphone company trying giving out better deals to new customers and having the old customers locked in. We are assumed to be in a non-genuine relationship till proven otherwise contrary to Section 11(d) of the charter. Guess what, this is going to be my response, with a long list of my talent (I can get a job in the US in no time with my expertise) and my wife's talent (over 9 years in the pharmaceutical industry). We end up entering into planned pregnancies as dictated by the timelines. As if its back to Nazi germany and we have selective breeding programs for "talented and skilled couples with high IQ". Guess they want to repel local talent!

If others can start writing to the minister of health and to their MP and MPP and to the minster of immigration, this argument might get us somewhere. I am writing on behalf of us all, we lost a pregnancy because we had to shop around for a clinic that would write a referral to a ob&gyn.. OHIP regulation is unfair (regulation 552)
I feel your frustration. As a young woman I have to pay out of my pocket for the gynecologist visits/medicines. It really sucks that your wife can't work atm. If she could work, she would be able to apply for OHIP. On the other hand you should think about others. A person who's not a PR and is not working at this moment they aren't paying taxes. Once they start working they start contributing towards "the system". People aren't really willing to let their taxes be spent on a candidate for a PR who isn't working because of this and that. If That was possible, there would be a lot of people abusing the system and just giving births in Canada because they would meet the criteria of being pregnant and being applicants for PR which takes 12 months to complete. Fair and unfair at the same time. Every sponsor signed that they would provide their wives proper medical and dental care etc. So... we can't do much about it. Good luck to everybody.

bb4557

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
I feel your frustration. As a young woman I have to pay out of my pocket for the gynecologist visits/medicines. It really sucks that your wife can't work atm. If she could work, she would be able to apply for OHIP. On the other hand you should think about others. A person who's not a PR and is not working at this moment they aren't paying taxes. Once they start working they start contributing towards "the system". People aren't really willing to let their taxes be spent on a candidate for a PR who isn't working because of this and that. If That was possible, there would be a lot of people abusing the system and just giving births in Canada because they would meet the criteria of being pregnant and being applicants for PR which takes 12 months to complete. Fair and unfair at the same time. Every sponsor signed that they would provide their wives proper medical and dental care etc. So... we can't do much about it. Good luck to everybody.
I don't mind paying out of pocket, we have insurance but the doctors and clinics they are on a power trip.

Thanks for the reply, my initial email to the minister, did mention that I've been paying taxes since 2005. And that if paying taxes is what makes the temporary foreign workers spouse and dependents eligible, then why not mine. The policy can be argued. The response I got was the following, and they say that eligibility is not aligned based on paying taxes.,

3. Spouses and dependants of Temporary Foreign Workers

Canadian citizenship and immigration is conferred under federal legislation and administered by Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). The ministry relies on federal documentation from IRCC to determine whether newcomers to the province are eligible for OHIP. Eligibility for OHIP coverage is, for the most part, based on the degree of permanence of an individual's residence in Ontario.

However, in the case of foreign workers, their spouses and dependants, OHIP eligibility is provided in support of provincial and federal efforts to attract and retain skilled workers to Ontario.

4. OHIP Eligibility Review Committee

Your wife may wish to request a review of her OHIP eligibility by the OHIP Eligibility Review Committee (OERC), in order to further review the documentation to determine if she meets any of the requirements under the Regulation to be eligible for OHIP. A request can be sent to the following address:

<Address>

Kindly note that typically new and returning residents to Ontario must serve a 3-month waiting period from the date they become an eligible resident to the date they can access OHIP-insured services.

Additionally, it is to be further noted that eligibility for Ontario health insurance coverage is in no way aligned to the payment of either provincial or federal taxes. Eligibility for Ontario health insurance coverage is determined solely by the requirements set out in Regulation 552 under the Health Insurance Act.

The ministry wishes to thank you for the observations and recommendations made. Your suggestions have been forwarded to the appropriate area, where we routinely review policies regarding OHIP eligibility.

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
Hello Aug 2017 applicants! Has anyone received Medical test request yet? I have heard nothing from CIC huhu