+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Aob-Dtd

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
Hope anyone can help me with this.

Our inland spousal application was sent December 18, 2017.
Got out AOR February 05, 2018.

I was sponsored by my husband who is a Canadian Citizen. I have a dependent child with my past relationship and he was included on our application as my dependent child, accidentally we put him in non-accompanying dependent child but that is not what we want to happen. We want him here. We made a mistake for not understanding what non accompanying means. We just thought that since he was not here in Canada he can't accompany me right away. Is there a way of changing him from non-accompanying to accompanying dependent child? Would it slow down my whole pr process? What's the best way to do now? Pls need answer. Thankyou so much for the help.

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
Congrats! Can you say what questions you were asked and how long it took. Thanks
took about 5 minutes when we were called to the window. asked for id from my husband (sponsor) and asked him if we're still married and still willing to sponsor me. and then asked me was i convicted of any crime, blah blah, asked for my valid permits and passport. told me no work permits anymore as i am a PR now, *stamp* *stamp* *sign* *sign* and we're done. i went to renew my SIN right after. all in all, it took us 45 minutes including the wait time.

loubegga

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
Hope anyone can help me with this.

Our inland spousal application was sent December 18, 2017.
Got out AOR February 05, 2018.

I was sponsored by my husband who is a Canadian Citizen. I have a dependent child with my past relationship and he was included on our application as my dependent child, accidentally we put him in non-accompanying dependent child but that is not what we want to happen. We want him here. We made a mistake for not understanding what non accompanying means. We just thought that since he was not here in Canada he can't accompany me right away. Is there a way of changing him from non-accompanying to accompanying dependent child? Would it slow down my whole pr process? What's the best way to do now? Pls need answer. Thankyou so much for the help.
Contact CIC. Tell them the situation and you will have to see what they say. But make sure you have your story straight first because it won't look good if you change your story. U have said 2 different things on here and it is confusing to know which story is the true

Reactions: Baharm

Aob-Dtd

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
Contact CIC. Tell them the situation and you will have to see what they say. But make sure you have your story straight first because it won't look good if you change your story. U have said 2 different things on here and it is confusing to know which story is the true
Im sorry for that! I didn't mean to confuse anyone, I just didn't explain it right on my first post. I already delete it. By the way thankyou for the help!

Reactions: loubegga

Black Beauty

Jun 14, 2017
took about 5 minutes when we were called to the window. asked for id from my husband (sponsor) and asked him if we're still married and still willing to sponsor me. and then asked me was i convicted of any crime, blah blah, asked for my valid permits and passport. told me no work permits anymore as i am a PR now, *stamp* *stamp* *sign* *sign* and we're done. i went to renew my SIN right after. all in all, it took us 45 minutes including the wait time.
Thank you, mine is tomorrow at 10, hope all goes well. Congrats again

Reactions: crystarclear

Kozyrytka

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
Ontario
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
Doc's Request.
27-07-2017
AOR Received.
25-07-2017
@Kozyrytka
I sent the application the same time as you, did you get the medical exam request? They didn't update me since I sent police certificates in August.
No, I didn't. It's pretty frustrating, I haven't heard anything from them since my background check has changed its status to "being processed". The only thing left for us is waiting. Hopefully not too long.

Reactions: polar25

louisstilling

Dec 14, 2017
Hi guys, my OWP has been approved today! My PR and OWP app was received last December 09, 2017. Got my AOR on January 24 and uploaded Sched A on January 29. This was unexpectedly fast!
Congratulations on the OWP! Can I ask you where you are from and what your situation is?
Mine was received on Dec 4th 2017, and haven't heard anything since the AOR on Jan 20th, so wondered what your "setup" is!

Again, Congrats!

efecntrk

Dec 7, 2017
I am in a similar position, Feb 28 2017 applicant. I was asked for my Sch A and background check again (an IRCC agent told me it is normal for them to ask for an updated Sch A), apparently they asked me in March last year but there is a glitch in the system where some people (including me) did not receive messages. They finally asked me again in January this year, so I have submitted an updated Sch A and all police certificates. I just spoke with an agent on the phone today and they confirmed they have received all my documents and they are now reviewing my background check. The agent told me that sometimes the status does not update on your MYCIC account for several days, sometimes not at all...

Best of luck to you

Thank you. Did you update anything on it? I updated some details, this time I indicated every single detail, like where I was during my summer vacations when I was in university etc.

bb4557

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
No, I didn't. It's pretty frustrating, I haven't heard anything from them since my background check has changed its status to "being processed". The only thing left for us is waiting. Hopefully not too long.
Almost the same timeline. What sucks is that my wife cannot start working as our daughter just turned 16 months. And there no way to get OHIP, and without OHIP believe it or not, we have been ridiculed at clinics or asked dumb questions. I've started correspondence with the Minister of Health, pointing that spouses and dependents of temporary foreign workers are eligible for OHIP, while me being a citizen and working in Ontario for over 10 years, my wife isn't. The response I got was that the policy is in place to "attract and retain" foreign talent. This is what they said, "However, in the case of foreign workers, their spouses and dependants, OHIP eligibility is provided in support of provincial and federal efforts to attract and retain skilled workers to Ontario. "

What nonsense, as if we all are at the bottom and talent is elsewhere. Its like a cellphone company trying giving out better deals to new customers and having the old customers locked in. We are assumed to be in a non-genuine relationship till proven otherwise contrary to Section 11(d) of the charter. Guess what, this is going to be my response, with a long list of my talent (I can get a job in the US in no time with my expertise) and my wife's talent (over 9 years in the pharmaceutical industry). We end up entering into planned pregnancies as dictated by the timelines. As if its back to Nazi germany and we have selective breeding programs for "talented and skilled couples with high IQ". Guess they want to repel local talent!

If others can start writing to the minister of health and to their MP and MPP and to the minster of immigration, this argument might get us somewhere. I am writing on behalf of us all, we lost a pregnancy because we had to shop around for a clinic that would write a referral to a ob&gyn.. OHIP regulation is unfair (regulation 552)

crystarclear

Star Member
Oct 2, 2017
Alberta
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-12-2017
Doc's Request.
26-01-2018
AOR Received.
24-01-2018
LANDED..........
06-11-2018
Congratulations on the OWP! Can I ask you where you are from and what your situation is?
Mine was received on Dec 4th 2017, and haven't heard anything since the AOR on Jan 20th, so wondered what your "setup" is!

Again, Congrats!
Thank you! I'm in Fort McMurray, AB. Didn't really expect to hear from them so soon because as far as I know they're still working on November applicants.

Although I have a bit of a hunch why I got my OWP so fast. Well, I originally submitted my PR + OWP app September of last year. I also made some wrong fees regarding OWP so I sent a new app with corrected fees for OWP to Vegreville around the first week of November. Then around November 29, I got my whole PR and OWP app returned. I resent them again December 09. Maybe they worked on my OWP app that was passed on November. I'm not really sure. But that is my best guess.

Catzzz

Jan 25, 2018
Just to clarify... do we need a statutory declaration of common law union for common law sponsorships? We haven’t commissioned this document yet nor have we included it in our application...