+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Sigurgeirs10

Oct 6, 2016
Thank you for your advice! I could link my present OWP to my online account. I never knew I could link it till I found it out on this forum. I tried to see if my new application can be linked as well, but it looks like it is not on the system yet.. I mailed it about 3 weeks ago. They did not send me any letter to submit the extension but I thought I needed to since it is expiring in March (luckily even if I don't get my new one on time, 'implied status' will apply and I can keep working because I submitted the extension before the expiry date). Although I applied for PR in May, I still haven't got the medical check request yet.
Ah, it makes sense. It better to be safe :) Just give it some time to get in the system.

Reactions: sakura_hana17

HomeAgain17

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-09-2017
Doc's Request.
06-11-17
AOR Received.
31-10-17
Interview........
14-09-2018
LANDED..........
14-09-2018
Actually I am Aug 30th applicant but OWP was received on Nov 11th after I resubmitted to Vegreville due to the missing fees.
Yes, I'm the same. I'm Set 5 applicant but returned to Vegreville - it arrived Nov 15 and they received it Nov 22. So we shouldn't be waiting much longer, Lord willing!!

Sigurgeirs10

Oct 6, 2016
Same. However, CIC agent told me I still have to receive AOR as well. He sent out an internal request to do so. Are you in Canada on IEC? Or did you already have a GCKey account? I'm trying to figure out why some people don't receive AOR by e-mail. When I linked my application to my GCKey, the letter requesting Sched A and Police cert was there for over a week already!

Edit: he also said that if you received that letter, your application is complete and being processed. Regardless not receiving AOR. So don't worry.
Did your sponsor hear anything?
Okay, No idea what IEC is. I already have GCKey acct. I thought that I was supposed to get some kind of notification or email but I never did. But ok! My sponsor havent heard anything yet.

nkoff

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-M
App. Filed.......
28-04-2017
AOR Received.
30-05-2017
Med's Request
01-02-2018
Med's Done....
03-02-2018
Hi again

Just an update, I just received a letter for landing interview the 8th, 2 days from today. Rather quick right? However I am very happy, even though it's not yet quite over. Thanks again you all .
congrats! when did you apply?

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi again

Just an update, I just received a letter for landing interview the 8th, 2 days from today. Rather quick right? However I am very happy, even though it's not yet quite over. Thanks again you all .
Which office are you landing at ? possible to share yuor timeline ?

Reactions: EGH

Yakuza_princess

Star Member
Sep 15, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2017
AOR Received.
December 18, 2017
Hi everyone.

I'm trying to get a NBI Clearance and finally got one (Need a Philippines NBI Clearance). But the purpose says "multi-purpose clearance" and it is colour blue. As what I can remember, in the CIC website they mentioned that it needs to be color green and other color will not be accepted. I called the NBI Office and they told me that it is the new system and everyone is notified.

Should I go ahead submitting this NBI Clearance to my PR-Spousal application?

Also, the form didn't have my fingerprint. Should I go to PH Consulate here in Canada to have it done or can I do it myself? Thank you.

We did ours in Philippine consulate. Did a messy fingerprints too as they are still using ink. It came as green as we requested it for immigration purposes. You should do it in the consulate. They will file you nbi then notarized someone to get it for you back home and sent it to your address in Canada or where you are currently living.

alexandroz

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
I finally received the medical exam request yesterday. I had been waiting for this for so long. I am a May applicant and hope other people who are applying around the same time will be getting their request soon!
Early or late May?

On a side note, unfortunately the spreadsheet does not seem to be updated, I'd really like to get an idea about how fast they are going so I can book the medical ahead of time.

Reactions: HomeAgain17

HomeAgain17

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-09-2017
Doc's Request.
06-11-17
AOR Received.
31-10-17
Interview........
14-09-2018
LANDED..........
14-09-2018
Early or late May?

On a side note, unfortunately the spreadsheet does not seem to be updated, I'd really like to get an idea about how fast they are going so I can book the medical ahead of time.
I was wondering the same.. would be nice if the admin could update the spreadsheet so I don't bother everyone here with my OWP status questions every day hahah

Reactions: alexandroz

nkoff

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-M
App. Filed.......
28-04-2017
AOR Received.
30-05-2017
Med's Request
01-02-2018
Med's Done....
03-02-2018
Early or late May?

ircc doesn't seem to have a linear pattern in issuing med requests. seems like the majority of people with the timeline similar to mine got their med requests in November. I only got mine last week as well as a few other people with a similar timeline. so, I'd just wait... unless you wanna book it for a specific date and reschedule if need be.