+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Haire Gabriela

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Quebec, Canada
I got my AOR on Friday and I still haven't been able to link my OWP application. I just checked on ECAS and it doesn't say anything about OWP application. Is that normal? Should ECAS also mention OWP application received?
You won't be able to link your OWP until a few days after your AOR, that's completely normal. I was able to link mine 6 days after. And ECAS won't metion your OWP either.

Cldinha

Feb 5, 2018
Just checked online account - OWP approved today - timeline is September 15 application received AOR November 14th - haven't gotten email
Hi... congrats on your OWP! just a question were you on status when you applied? just to have an idea as I applied around of the same time sep 19 but I was out of status!
Thank you in advance!

Reactions: Noslord2003

loubegga

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
I applied at the beginning of December and they acknowledged my application a month later, requesting a few extra documents. My visitor status expired on December 31 and I now have implied status. Does this mean that if I apply to restore my visitor status they will give me an open work permit faster? I had no idea about this :S
I'm not 100% sure but I don't think you get implied status just for applying for PR. If you are from a country that needs a vistor visa you should get that restored.

Haire Gabriela

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Quebec, Canada
I applied at the beginning of December and they acknowledged my application a month later, requesting a few extra documents. My visitor status expired on December 31 and I now have implied status. Does this mean that if I apply to restore my visitor status they will give me an open work permit faster? I had no idea about this :S
Can you give more specific dates? Were you out of status before or after receiving your AOR? I was on implied status (because I applied for a visa extension) and I still got my OWP 3 months after. My status was supposed to expire on October 1st and I got my AOR on October 10th.

polar25

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Hi! is March Applicant got any updated yet?
My App Received on Mar 24, 2017 and got background check on end of April 2017 and got medical request on Nov 17 2017 and sent Medical results on the end of Nov and still says that Medical results have been received on my ECAS.

I'm just wondering when I will get updated from that..
same here but gc account says medical passed.

Kayden

Dec 12, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Hey, we are all on the same boat here :) I have a very similar timeline. All we can do is wait... And hopefully, by the end of this month there will be updates. So far there has been just one mysterious case of @KandyK , she got approved within 7 months :):):)
@KandyK was married for 2 years before application was sent so it was proceseed much faster because of that

karan_singal123

Jul 28, 2013
Dear All,

I have Quebec PR, and landed Quebec on 15th Dec 2017,
Now I am in India for 2 months, waiting for my PR card, and i am going to get married next week.

How can i apply for spouse PR, Do i have to proceed in Federal as i am having PR, or i should go with Quebec CSQ process.

HomeAgain17

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-09-2017
Doc's Request.
06-11-17
AOR Received.
31-10-17
Interview........
14-09-2018
LANDED..........
14-09-2018
So latest approved OWP is Nov 14?

dreamingkag

Nov 7, 2014
Hi everyone.

I'm trying to get a NBI Clearance and finally got one (Need a Philippines NBI Clearance). But the purpose says "multi-purpose clearance" and it is colour blue. As what I can remember, in the CIC website they mentioned that it needs to be color green and other color will not be accepted. I called the NBI Office and they told me that it is the new system and everyone is notified.

Should I go ahead submitting this NBI Clearance to my PR-Spousal application?

Also, the form didn't have my fingerprint. Should I go to PH Consulate here in Canada to have it done or can I do it myself? Thank you.

Noslord2003

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-02-2017
AOR Received.
12-03-2017
Med's Done....
June
Interview........
25-01-2018
LANDED..........
25-01-2018
Hi... congrats on your OWP! just a question were you on status when you applied? just to have an idea as I applied around of the same time sep 19 but I was out of status!
Thank you in advance!
If you are out of status you can't get the owp until after AIP.

HomeAgain17

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-09-2017
Doc's Request.
06-11-17
AOR Received.
31-10-17
Interview........
14-09-2018
LANDED..........
14-09-2018
I haven't received mine yet. I think the November ones that were received are the ones who applied and did not pay the right fee and had theirs returned. I am October 26th and no word yet.
I'm one of those who have had to return my OWP due to lack of fees and I'm from Nov. 22 (originally submitted Sep 5) so I'm praying ours comes very soon!!!

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
Hi everyone.

I'm trying to get a NBI Clearance and finally got one (Need a Philippines NBI Clearance). But the purpose says "multi-purpose clearance" and it is colour blue. As what I can remember, in the CIC website they mentioned that it needs to be color green and other color will not be accepted. I called the NBI Office and they told me that it is the new system and everyone is notified.

Should I go ahead submitting this NBI Clearance to my PR-Spousal application?

Also, the form didn't have my fingerprint. Should I go to PH Consulate here in Canada to have it done or can I do it myself? Thank you.
I was wondering the same but I already sent in mine since that's the only NBI clearance they are processing/releasing now. It's even on the their website. I'll wait for a correspondence from CIC if they won't accept it.

dreamingkag

Nov 7, 2014
I was wondering the same but I already sent in mine since that's the only NBI clearance they are processing/releasing now. It's even on the their website. I'll wait for a correspondence from CIC if they won't accept it.
I called my friend who's working in our NBI and told me the same thing (the new system).

What did you do about the fingerprint? Did you do it yourself before submitting it to CIC?