+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

gherkin86

Aug 11, 2014
That's strange... I've also been trying to link my OWP but no luck so far. It doesn't say the system is unavailable however, it just says they can't find any applications that match the details I entered... Have you been using the same computer/device every time? Maybe you need to clear your cache on the computer or re-start the browser? No idea...
I have tried 4 different devices so far (iPhone, Kindle, IPad and computer) and all have returned the same results. Will keep trying. Just strange that it constantly says the system is unavailable.

SsJohn

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
App. Filed.......
14-11-2017
AOR Received.
05-01-2018
Med's Request
17-05-2018
Med's Done....
06-06-2018
That's strange... I've also been trying to link my OWP but no luck so far. It doesn't say the system is unavailable however, it just says they can't find any applications that match the details I entered... Have you been using the same computer/device every time? Maybe you need to clear your cache on the computer or re-start the browser? No idea...
The same here. I have no luck trying to link my OWP. However, I called CIC to get my OWP application number and then I'm able to check the status using the application number by calling CIC without speaking to an agent. If you couldn't link your application, I suggest you do that as well.

abcdmud

Jan 23, 2017
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Feb 12, 2017
Doc's Request.
Apr 3, 2017
AOR Received.
Mar 5, 2017
Med's Request
Jun 14, 2017
Med's Done....
Passed Jun 29, 2017
Interview........
Mar 5, 2018
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2018
Okay got it thanks!

Has anyone had to renew their Work Permit before they received their Permanent Residency?
Does it take a while?
Looks to be taking the same amount of time as the initial work permit, about 4 months. On CIC's website it states paper applications are taking around 105 days, and that they are currently working on applications received on Sept 21, 2017 (this info was updated on Jan 7, 2018)
I sent mine in the 1st week of Jan 2018, so I'm hoping for the best.

Reactions: spacemonkey1o1

yetesfan@gmail.com

Apr 15, 2017
Just received the landing interview email today, it came directly with no Sponsor Approval, no AIP, no Decision Made. Still no updates in Mycic account since Medical done. So it is roughly one year.
Congratulations! Happy for you. It would be helpful if you tell as when did you apply?

yetesfan@gmail.com

Apr 15, 2017
I'm curious to know what everyone's MyCIC and ECAS account pages look like. I often see people posting dates for App Received, AOR, OWP, etc., and I'm just wondering if all of this is supposed to be listed out somewhere on your online account.

I'm a case where I have never received a correspondence from CIC (other than when they received my app), and MyCIC always says "Your Action is Required". I never received a notification about my open work permit being approved (it just showed up in the mail one day). I have called CIC and they told me all of this is fine and not to worry...

I submitted Schedule C and police docs upfront and have not received a medical request yet. My application was received May 1, 2017.

Any insights would be very helpful!
You are not alone! I am in the same boat but applied in March 28, 2017. No med yet only says your action is required.

hatem1981

Star Member
Jun 28, 2017
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
12-09-2017
hello everyone

I landed 3 weeks ago, havent found work yet and still waiting for my PR card.

How soon can I start to sponsor my wife and kids ??

Appreciate your help guys. many thanks

stefpoko

Nov 9, 2017
You are not alone! I am in the same boat but applied in March 28, 2017. No med yet only says your action is required.
Wow, March 28 and still no med request?! Have you tried calling the CIC? I know a few other had the your action is required glitch and they were missing correspondences. Wasn't the case for me, but perhaps you should call. Otherwise, I hope you hear from them soon!

Ravs1988

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017
His interview is for his landing to become a PR It's not to question weather their relationship is authentic.
I was just wondering because he never got AIP/SA/DM he had said & i figured no DM means they have some questions before they a decision is made

Last edited:

bajanqueen

Star Member
Jan 26, 2017
I was just wondering because he never got AIP/SA/DM he had said & i figured no DM means they have some questions before they a decision is made
Seems there is some officers who don't bother to update the system or send any communication of completed stages they are just send the landing letter. Pushing the work out a guess.

Reactions: Tin tin

gary.bhanot

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
NOCA2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Hi Everyone,

I applied for my wife's residency as an inland application in February 2017, PCC was requested in March, work permit received in April and medical was done in June. After a long silence, Today I got the Sponsor Approval(SA) email and now when i check the ECAS, it says decision made.

Although, the CIC account is still the same saying medicals have been approved, background check in progress, SA in progress etc etc. Not sure whats happening and why two systems are not synced properly. But anyways wanted to share an update with you all.

Will_PA

Sep 3, 2017
OWP app received 26 October, confirmed online today (17 Jan), likely I'll get it in the post shortly.

I'm going to the US in late February, can I update this at Pearson on the way back? Or does it need to be done somewhere else?
Update what?

My OWP arrived after 2 weeks in the post, from email confirmation. If it hasn't arrived by the time you travel the CBSA might print it off for you.

Ravs1988

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I applied for my wife's residency as an inland application in February 2017, PCC was requested in March, work permit received in April and medical was done in June. After a long silence, Today I got the Sponsor Approval(SA) email and now when i check the ECAS, it says decision made.

Although, the CIC account is still the same saying medicals have been approved, background check in progress, SA in progress etc etc. Not sure whats happening and why two systems are not synced properly. But anyways wanted to share an update with you all.
Amazing news! congrats