Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
23-10-2017
Med's Done....
upfront - 18-10-2017
I have a weird situation regarding my OWP.

I applied for PR/OWP back in July but had to withdraw both. Resubmitted both PR/OWP in October.

When I link my current OWP application online, it's saying that it was *received* June 30th, 2017 (an impossible date since I submitted the one that is now withdrawn in July 2017). It also notes my application status as "withdrawn", but under the "Details" pane on the previous page, it appears as "Submitted" rather than withdrawn. Again, I submitted the OWP app originally in July 2017 and withdrew it in August 2017, then resubmitted a new one in October 2017.

I contacted IRCC about it and they responded with links to technical difficulty troubleshooting that don't apply to this problem. Anyone have a similar issue? I'm confused that when I linked my OWP online, it seemed to link me to the app that was withdrawn back in August...

Will_PA

Sep 3, 2017
I have a weird situation regarding my OWP.

I applied for PR/OWP back in July but had to withdraw both. Resubmitted both PR/OWP in October.

When I link my current OWP application online, it's saying that it was *received* June 30th, 2017 (an impossible date since I submitted the one that is now withdrawn in July 2017). It also notes my application status as "withdrawn", but under the "Details" pane on the previous page, it appears as "Submitted" rather than withdrawn. Again, I submitted the OWP app originally in July 2017 and withdrew it in August 2017, then resubmitted a new one in October 2017.

I contacted IRCC about it and they responded with links to technical difficulty troubleshooting that don't apply to this problem. Anyone have a similar issue? I'm confused that when I linked my OWP online, it seemed to link me to the app that was withdrawn back in August...
Did you enter canada on June 30th?

This happened to me- the owp showed date submitted as the day I entered canada, not my application for pr date. Owp still came throigh as normal.

Can't answer your second query sorry.

Dec 25, 2017
Jan'17 Applicant here!

so far submitted RCMP fingerprint already - and got letter said I'm eligible
after that, still waiting..
This make me sad... I was hoping to see my family on Carnival in February (I'm from Brazil) but I'm a March applicant... It looks like they will use the 12 months of the deadline! Good luck to you and please keep us update about your timeline!!

Sigurgeirs10

Oct 6, 2016
Hello!
Our timelines are almost similar.
My husband has sponsored me as he already has PR
Application Received by CIC on Sep 01 2017
OWP Returned for same reason (missing $155) and resubmitted around mid November 2017
PCC and SheduleA submitted in Dec. 03, 2017
After this, there is no communication for either PR or OWP application. Do you have any update on yours? Also, CIC haven't asked for my medical exams. What about you?
No communications since Background.

Snibbles

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
23-10-2017
Med's Done....
upfront - 18-10-2017
Did you enter canada on June 30th?

This happened to me- the owp showed date submitted as the day I entered canada, not my application for pr date. Owp still came throigh as normal.

Can't answer your second query sorry.
Nope, entered Canada as a visitor December 2015 and have been extending visitor status since. Thanks for the insight regardless!

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017
Had an update to my wifes Mycic account this morning (or yesterday sometime),

Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

We are August applicants, Schedule A sent around 12th October. Good to see some movement, what to expect next the medical request?
To add to this I just checked Ecas on my side and we now have "in process" under Sponsorship Application Status.

This means they have started the checks on me? (sorry if a dumb question)

Nice to see things moving a bit anyway!

sevensmallwoods

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
06-09-2017
Doc's Request.
01-11-2017
AOR Received.
31-10-2017
Trying to link my OWP to my account ("Link an existing application to this account) but can't seem to get it to work. Am I entering the same UCI number as my application? I've tried to enter the same UCI number and my family name, as well as my just my full family details but so far no luck. Any ideas?
September 6th applicant.

vaneizaguirre

Mar 22, 2017
Hello all, I need your help, I hope someone has a similar case.

I applied for PR/OWP extension on Sept 19. AOR arrived Nov 20, also they requested background check which I submitted.
Today I received an email saying my OWP extension was approved. The problem is that I submitted it using my previous passport, which expires April 23, 2018 (hoping that the new one would arrive during these 4 months so I could update this info and the OWP extension would have the new expiry date). Long story short, my new passport will arrive this week, which means I need to apply for the OWP again since my Sept application is finished.

But my question is, how to do that? Because I need to re-submit all the forms etc online, but it's not linked to the PR anymore. Please if someone can help me I would really appreciate it, I am really frustrated because dealing with documents from my country of origin is a nightmare.

thanks

abcdmud

Jan 23, 2017
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Feb 12, 2017
Doc's Request.
Apr 3, 2017
AOR Received.
Mar 5, 2017
Med's Request
Jun 14, 2017
Med's Done....
Passed Jun 29, 2017
Interview........
Mar 5, 2018
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2018
Hi
Hello all, I need your help, I hope someone has a similar case.

I applied for PR/OWP extension on Sept 19. AOR arrived Nov 20, also they requested background check which I submitted.
Today I received an email saying my OWP extension was approved. The problem is that I submitted it using my previous passport, which expires April 23, 2018 (hoping that the new one would arrive during these 4 months so I could update this info and the OWP extension would have the new expiry date). Long story short, my new passport will arrive this week, which means I need to apply for the OWP again since my Sept application is finished.

But my question is, how to do that? Because I need to re-submit all the forms etc online, but it's not linked to the PR anymore. Please if someone can help me I would really appreciate it, I am really frustrated because dealing with documents from my country of origin is a nightmare.

thanks
Hi! I am in a similar situation. My passport renewal took too long and I had to send my docs in. CI issued my OWP based on my old passport even though I submitted my new passport within 3 weeks of me applying for PR.

I just sent in my OWP extension last week, so I hope I get it soon. Just send the OWP application again with your new passport a month before your current OWP expires, also make sure you pay $255. I paid it again to avoid them sending the application back to me.

vaneizaguirre

Mar 22, 2017
Hi

Hi! I am in a similar situation. My passport renewal took too long and I had to send my docs in. CI issued my OWP based on my old passport even though I submitted my new passport within 3 weeks of me applying for PR.

I just sent in my OWP extension last week, so I hope I get it soon. Just send the OWP application again with your new passport a month before your current OWP expires, also make sure you pay $255. I paid it again to avoid them sending the application back to me.
Thanks so much!
What documents did you include?
I was thinking of attaching a letter from my embassy explaining that it took until this week to get the new passport, and also a letter from me explaining what happened. Did you have include a new statutory declaration of common law again??