+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

acac999

Jun 17, 2017
few days ago they announced that it is extended until jan 2019 ,, even the immigration law firms confirm it and its in there advertisement.. it doesn't make sense..
agreed. none of this makes sense, neither what CIC told me over the phone. Guess i should call back again and ask whats up. I mean, its been 4 months for my OWP, shouldn't they have an answer why I don't have it yet?

Amsadek4u

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Doc's Request.
15-07-2017
AOR Received.
13-07-2017
agreed. none of this makes sense, neither what CIC told me over the phone. Guess i should call back again and ask whats up. I mean, its been 4 months for my OWP, shouldn't they have an answer why I don't have it yet?
If you don’t have a valid temporary resident as at the time you applied, they will have to wait for AIP, before issuing your OWP.
But for those with valid resident,I mean those not out of status, they will issue their OWP within 3-4 months. CIC has not stopped issuing the OWP. That was what the agent was telling you.

Reactions: Mchb0215

MsCyn

Jan 21, 2013
VANCOUVER BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-10-2017
AOR Received.
12-12-2017
Med's Request
27-04-2018
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Interview........
28-08-2018
LANDED..........
28-08-2018
Hey guys,

was wondering after receiving AOR, how long does it take to get the OWP?

acac999

Jun 17, 2017
If you don’t have a valid temporary resident as at the time you applied, they will have to wait for AIP, before issuing your OWP.
But for those with valid resident,I mean those not out of status, they will issue their OWP within 3-4 months. CIC has not stopped issuing the OWP. That was what the agent was telling you.
Interesting, so visitor vvisa is not enough?

Reactions: Amsadek4u

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
How do you link the OWP? I dont see an option when I click on the link application page.
link using UCI and last name.
choose TEMPORARY RESIDENCE
then WORK PERMIT EXTENSION
then i think another drop down you need to choose OPEN WORK PERMIT
then another drop down menu look for APPLIED PERMANENT RESIDENCE THROUGH SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP then
key in other required details.

J&C11

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Hello! Does anyone know if it is possible to send messages to CIC? by email? online acount?
please help me!
I need to update important information about my application and I can't upload additional documents in my account because I have already uploaded Schedule A and a letter about Police certificate ...

acac999

Jun 17, 2017
I guess
OWP is approved.
Called CIC this morning, the agent said it's approved, and it's just waiting for the paper printing.
They received my application on July 24th, and it has been 5 months.
Finally have something.

I guess the OWP is discontinued is not true then.

5 months? wow I guess they are really running late

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
OWP is approved.
Called CIC this morning, the agent said it's approved, and it's just waiting for the paper printing.
They received my application on July 24th, and it has been 5 months.
Finally have something.

I guess the OWP is discontinued is not true then.
wonder why it took 5 months. what’s your status when you applied?

Bugattii

Sep 7, 2017
Hello! Does anyone know if it is possible to send messages to CIC? by email? online acount?
please help me!
I need to update important information about my application and I can't upload additional documents in my account because I have already uploaded Schedule A and a letter about Police certificate ...
I sent a email to this account last month: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

metqc

Star Member
Aug 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
I just received my CSQ. It says that they transmit the acceptance directly to the IRCC office handling the case. Do I need to upload the CSQ anywhere or is it all set?