+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

alexandroz

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
Had you already submitted them but they didn't go through? Because I have submitted my PCC and Sched A and uploaded etc. and the message still reads 'Your Action is Required'. But like I mentioned before, I asked CIC about it and they said it was a glitch and that the docs had been received.
Just for completeness, I've called CIC too and got the same reply. So I'd say it's safe not to call if you've already submitted the requested docs.

By the way, 30 mins wait time on a weekday afternoon. Are they becoming efficient?

Reactions: HomeAgain17

alexandroz

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
Hello!
Can I ask for more time to submit documents on my online acount ?
How do I do it?
Not sure if you can request more time, but this is what it says on the request letter in case you missed it:

All requested documents/information must be submitted within the timeframes specified above (formatted as “year/month/day”). If you are unable to provide any or all of the requested documents/information, please explain why they are not available. No other reminder will be sent to you. If you fail to provide the requested information, your application will be assessed on the basis of the information that we have which may result in the refusal of your application for permanent residence. Should this occur, no further consideration will be given to your request for permanent residence unless a new application, including fees, is submitted

Reactions: J&C11

s.buj

Jul 21, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Yea. Just keep cool, everything is in order. Am a June applicant too. Got AOR On July 14, submitted schedule A, on July 15th. And since then I haven’t heard anything from CIC. No medicals yet, but only saw on my cic profile that they started background check some weeks ago.

The waiting time is killing, but we got to stay alive through the process.
Same here. Been waiting around since early August, but was happy to see that the background check was started a few weeks ago. I imagine medical requests will start flowing in the new year.

Mchb0215

Nov 14, 2017
Spousal P.R In-land Application: (U.S-CITIZEN)

Application sent: August 1st, 2017
Application received: August 3rd,2017
AOR: Sep 29th, 2017 (they requested police cert & Schedule A).
Oct 13th,2017 (They confirmed in writing receiving all required documents).

Please add me to a timeline/spread sheet if there is Any! Thank you
Here's the link to the spreadsheet so you can add yourself and view other's timeline too..

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Yn3BFzI4q4xAy4EW3pG4CgQz9o3EzF5b18_tcSJwBhA/edit#gid=130501564

eduardo.arellano

Star Member
Sep 28, 2017
Hey Guys,

I have linked my PR application to an online account and now I have to link my OWP application as well so should I use same online to link my OWP application ? or should I create another account to link OWP application? can I link my OWP application on the same account in which I linked my PR application?
Use the same account. I have both linked to the same account, i will show up as two different process

cheers!

Reactions: 3465

eduardo.arellano

Star Member
Sep 28, 2017
Hey Guys,

In AOR it is mentioned to submit Schedule form and it must be submitted by Principal Applicant with all family members , so it means Sponsor is also family member so she has to submit Schedule A form as well ? or just only PA has to submit it ? no need for Sponsor to Submit Schedule A form? Can someone please confirm me?
Hello,

only for PA, you as sponsor dont have to submit anything. cheers

Reactions: 3465

acac999

Jun 17, 2017
Spoke with CIC today. They said they won't issue anymore OWP unless AIP due to huge backlog, how does that even make sense?

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
Spoke with CIC today. They said they won't issue anymore OWP unless AIP due to huge backlog, how does that even make sense?
makes no sense. if that’s the case, then they should just stop including the OWP application with the PR application- they should announce it directly from their website or at least issue a formal written notice. because waiting for AIP takes months, that’s almost at the end of the 12months processing time. so why bother accepting OWP applications if they won’t process it without AIP? may be for those out of status yes. but for those with valid status i believe they will still process it.

Reactions: Shannonbella

chinesecanadian87

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
makes no sense. if that’s the case, then they should just stop including the OWP application with the PR application- they should announce it directly from their website or at least issue a formal written notice. because waiting for AIP takes months, that’s almost at the end of the 12months processing time. so why bother accepting OWP applications if they won’t process it without AIP? may be for those out of status yes. but for those with valid status i believe they will still process it.
Exactly, I would also think they would have to process the ones that are already received and in the process and indicate the new rules for people who haven't submitted an application

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017
Exactly, I would also think they would have to process the ones that are already received and in the process and indicate the new rules for people who haven't submitted an application
Yeh I don't believe it, they're basically taking OWP money for nothing if it's not processed until after AIP, they can't move the goal posts like that not without officially announcing it and would have be for new apps from XX date forward. Seems like the call centre convey alot of wrong information!

brille_sky

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
is the receipt for hongkong police is a registered mail? if so,will they provide tracking number? i did call yesterday and they said it was already mailed lastweek. my bad i forgot to ask ! :(