+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

brille_sky

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
we are about to submit our application monday but realize I need to provide CENOMAR proof that I never been married in the Philippines...:(

Yakuza_princess

Star Member
Sep 15, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2017
AOR Received.
December 18, 2017
we are about to submit our application monday but realize I need to provide CENOMAR proof that I never been married in the Philippines...:(
Yeah. And while you are at it. Get NBI too? Your birth certificate and CENOMAR in original copy. My friend and I got our NBI this month. I think you can only get it from Manila for this case.

brille_sky

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
Yeah true. I think we just somehow overthink.In addition their agent said that if anything, they always have access to their archive and will be able to look at dates of citizenship. Hope the best for your application.
thanks! gudluck on your application too... all the best !

brille_sky

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
Yeah. And while you are at it. Get NBI too? Your birth certificate and CENOMAR in original copy. My friend and I got our NBI this month. I think you can only get it from Manila for this case.
yeah I have the birthcert and will be sending my nbi forms and fingerprints direct to manila since police and nbi you can provide later on ..Am i correct? can you share your timelines?

J&C11

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
No, you don't need to wait, you can link it now. For the instruction, you can follow these steps:

After you created GCKey account to link Principle applicant application, keep using that account to link Open work permit application on MyCIC.

krunal2904 said:
I have listed steps to link your SOWP Paper Application to CIC Online

(1) Go to this below listed link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp
(2) Click on continue to Gckey
(3) If You've already account created, login with your Username and Password otherwise Click on Sign up to go on next page and create your username, password and security questions.
(4) After creating my CIC account, click link application to this account.
(5) Then select category as Temporary residence and subcategory as Work Permit and extension.
(6) Then select Family name, given name and date of birth option.
(7) Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth as per Passport or Application form.
(8.) Next in applicant personal info panel fill Passport information only and DO NOT FILL CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH.
(9) In Details of intended work in Canada info, Select Open (initial application or extension) for What type of work permit are you applying for?
(10) Select applicant's Current country of residence (For example, if your spouse currently living in India, Please select India)
(11) Select Current marital Status
(12) Next select Spouse or common-low partner of a skilled worker if Applicant's Spouse on Open Work Permit or PGWP in Canada Or Select Spouse or common-low partner of a foreign student if Applicant's Spouse on Study permit
(13) Once you fill all information, Click on Search for my application
(14) Your application will be found and can be linked.
(15) You can get real time updates on your paper application online.

I hope this information will help you...!!!

In case of any doubts Please drop comments below.

Thanks,
Krunal

===> I just want to comment more for this instruction:
- For (8): It is true that if you DON'T FILL CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH, it works! How amazing it is!!! (#%*)
- But for (12): It depends on your situation.

For example:
- "Apply for permanent resident as a spouse or common-law partner in Canada" means your sponsor is Canadian.
- "Spouse or common-law partner of a skilled worker" means your sponsor is actually a foreigner and he/she works here as a skilled worker.
---> It is very different from each other.

*** Don't forget to use Internet Explorer to fill the forms or link account to avoid errors from the system :(

Ok, perfect! Thank you very much!

Yakuza_princess

Star Member
Sep 15, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2017
AOR Received.
December 18, 2017
yeah I have the birthcert and will be sending my nbi forms and fingerprints direct to manila since police and nbi you can provide later on ..Am i correct? can you share your timelines?
Yeah you can send them later on but we processed it during the time we were doing our papers so that when the time comes that they asked for it we will just upload it right away. I sent my application last October 28. Waiting for my AOR.

brille_sky

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
Yeah you can send them later on but we processed it during the time we were doing our papers so that when the time comes that they asked for it we will just upload it right away. I sent my application last October 28. Waiting for my AOR.
yeah thats what Im planning to do too.please keep us posted ,did you include Owp with you application too?

marcewang

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
Hi everyone
So I received my AOR November 22nd. I was not able to link my account until today November 25th.
I tried the first day (5 times) until i was locked out. Called a CIC agent and he told me it was a technical problem since all the data I inputed was correct.
I reported the technical problem using their website. 2 days later I got an email saying that the reason i wasn't able to link my account was because of a technical problem. I immediately signed in and was able to link my account
Just letting everyone know that if you have trouble signing in you could try contacting technical support

Have a nice weekend

Reactions: brille_sky

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
Im at the shopping center, waiting for a long line to pay. But I just check my email, got 2 emails from CIC to say that I got a new message for OWP, i only can know if i check MyCIC but i dont want to check it on mobile phone. So nervous. Can someone please tell that did Cic tell you in the email or you needed to check Mycic when you passed OWP? Im afraid that they will refuse...

Reactions: Mutato_KT

Haire Gabriela

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Quebec, Canada
Im at the shopping center, waiting for a long line to pay. But I just check my email, got 2 emails from CIC to say that I got a new message for OWP, i only can know if i check MyCIC but i dont want to check it on mobile phone. So nervous. Can someone please tell that did Cic tell you in the email or you needed to check Mycic when you passed OWP? Im afraid that they will refuse...
You can check your GCkey on the phone safely, I always use my phone with Chrome browser with no trouble. I'm pretty sure you got it approved, no worries! Mine got approved yesterday and we have a similar timeline.

Reactions: Mutato_KT

redpanda505

Sep 27, 2017
Oh... I thought you passed lots of steps already hehe. Congratulations!

Oh... AOR here which means the 1 st letter that my husband who is also my sponsor received to get his UCI and same Application # as mine.

For CSQ, it is only for Quebec province. Do you apply in Quebec? If so, please tell me, I will share more my experience as well as police check here, it is much faster than other provinces that I know, only 2 weeks!
My partner hasn't received any correspondence yet and he is my sponsor. I am in BC not Quebec so that would probably be why our timelines are different! :)

krimsuun

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
I'm just finishing off the schedule A form and was wondering what has to be included in personal history?

Do I need to list schooling in personal history even though I've listed it in a seperate section already?
Do I print the form off to sign it and then scan it to upload to our application?
If I need extra room how do I go about adding extra boxes?