+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

gellyvezina

Jul 8, 2012
Quebec
App. Filed.......
December 14,2017
I'm not sure about the numbers but the majority of inland applicants don't get to live "full time" with their partners. Me personally I was visiting my husband for a few months and then I was coming back to my country. This year I've decided to move to Canada for good. So the question is - are you planning to stay in Canada for good now ? If yes, I'd recommend going with inland application. You have mentioned that you have a child together and been married for 4 years? I don't have an access to inland forms at this moment but I think that you meet the conditions for not having to show proof of your relationship. I think you would still have to go with showing some proof of shared expenses. You having a visa is a good thing. You have to maintain your status as a visitor till you get your open work permit. It doesn't matter much that you came here in August. As long as you have some proof that your husband was visiting you and you were visiting him. It's all good. Like I mentioned before I don't think you will have to show the proof of your relationship since you have been married for 4 years and have a child together. I'd recommend going with inland application if you have decided to stay in Canada.

yes i am planning to stay here in canada for good.. thank you so much for your help!! i feel more confident and better now... i will send my application by next month :) <3

Yes @gellyvezina
Ònce arrived in Canada with TRV, we made join account with TD bank, picture ID with same address, Alberta healthcard and put me under his private insurance and some docs&billing..than applied PR spousal inland (12 months process) along with owp :) good luck for you
okay ill try to get the same thank you so much for your help i appreciate it so much!

crystarclear

Star Member
Oct 2, 2017
Alberta
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-12-2017
Doc's Request.
26-01-2018
AOR Received.
24-01-2018
LANDED..........
06-11-2018
Hi, also did the same thing just paid $100 for the OWP Fee. My application was received last Sept 27. Pls keep us posted of status of your OWP-- whether they returned it or deducted the lacking amount from the the PRRF. Thanks!
I called the CIC regarding that a week ago. I made the same mistake. The agent told me that it's most likely that my OWP will get returned so what she made me do was to resend my OWP application to Vegreville with an explanation letter confirming that you have applied for PR and that you're applying for an OWP as well. I did that before my OWP is returned. I still haven't received an AOR yet (app received on Sep 20) but the agent also gave me my reference number when she searched for my application on their system.

ggg07

Nov 13, 2017
I called the CIC regarding that a week ago. I made the same mistake. The agent told me that it's most likely that my OWP will get returned so what she made me do was to resend my OWP application to Vegreville with an explanation letter confirming that you have applied for PR and that you're applying for an OWP as well. I did that before my OWP is returned. I still haven't received an AOR yet (app received on Sep 20) but the agent also gave me my reference number when she searched for my application on their system.
Thanks for sharing. May I have the CIC number? thanks!

Jonesk9

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
Northern BC Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-16-2017
As my knowledge, if you already granted work permit and need to print it and again the port entry in aiport that able to suport it is in Toronto airport only.
The other expert can giving their oppinion..
My spouses work permit expired so he is currently waiting on a new one that we sent in with the spousal sponsorship. I was just wondering if there was a way to speed up the work permit timeline. As in when you get your AOR they send a OWP application number, so I was wondering if once he get the application number does he have to wait the 11 weeks or can he come back from England and try and get them to issue a work permit at his port of entry. He has all the documentation with him for bothering the spousal sponsor and the OWP.

bamckay1986

Sep 21, 2017
When was the latest OWP sent out? If anyone can let me know and also your timeline as well!! Thanks in advance.

Application received Aug.22, 2017
AOR received Oct 10, 2017
Linked account online Oct. 15, 2017
OWP.....?

Damian83

Nov 14, 2017
When was the latest OWP sent out? If anyone can let me know and also your timeline as well!! Thanks in advance.

Application received Aug.22, 2017
AOR received Oct 10, 2017
Linked account online Oct. 15, 2017
OWP.....?
Im a July 14 2017 Applicant and haven't received my OWP yet, 4 long months today so I'm expecting something in mail the next week or so.

buddied94

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-08-2017
Doc's Request.
03-10-2017
AOR Received.
03-10-2017
Med's Request
20-03-2018
Med's Done....
26-03-2018
Interview........
23-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-07-2018
Im a July 14 2017 Applicant and haven't received my OWP yet, 4 long months today so I'm expecting something in mail the next week or so.
i would give them a call about that as i can see people from upto July 31st have received their work permits on the spreadsheet. shouldnt be taking that long....

Reactions: Mutato_KT

Bugattii

Sep 7, 2017
i would give them a call about that as i can see people from upto July 31st have received their work permits on the spreadsheet. shouldnt be taking that long....
They received both my applications at the end of July, and I have heard anything for the OWP. Really wondering why it's taking so long. :(:(:(

Reactions: Damian83

Damian83

Nov 14, 2017
I did call last week, and they said it hasn't been approved yet and to call back today right on 4 months. The person I spoke to had no answers for me why it has taken so long. Im going to call back today.

buddied94

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-08-2017
Doc's Request.
03-10-2017
AOR Received.
03-10-2017
Med's Request
20-03-2018
Med's Done....
26-03-2018
Interview........
23-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-07-2018
I did call last week, and they said it hasn't been approved yet and to call back today right on 4 months. The person I spoke to had no answers for me why it has taken so long. Im going to call back today.
let us know what they say please :)