Oct 8, 2017
Northern BC Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-16-2017
Anyone know anything about applying for OWP at a port of entry? Scenario would be (but isn’t yet) my spouse has returned to England due to the lengthy process for his OWP and he needs to work, but my question is if we get AOR along with OWP application number can he try and apply at the port of entry when he comes back instead of waiting the 11 weeks for current processing? I have spoken to IRCC they said he could try. Just wondering if anyone knows how it works?

Nadaa

Sep 21, 2017
Yukon Territory
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Jakarta
App. Filed.......
17-05-2023
Anyone know anything about applying for OWP at a port of entry? Scenario would be (but isn’t yet) my spouse has returned to England due to the lengthy process for his OWP and he needs to work, but my question is if we get AOR along with OWP application number can he try and apply at the port of entry when he comes back instead of waiting the 11 weeks for current processing? I have spoken to IRCC they said he could try. Just wondering if anyone knows how it works?
As my knowledge, if you already granted work permit and need to print it and again the port entry in aiport that able to suport it is in Toronto airport only.
The other expert can giving their oppinion..

Nadaa

Sep 21, 2017
Yukon Territory
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Jakarta
App. Filed.......
17-05-2023
hi we never really live full time since we are from different country and he works as flight attendant he just visits us 2-3 times a year and spends 30days each visits . we are married almost 4years now and we have a 3year old child. i enter canada as visitor last august this year.i have 5year multiple entry TRV. He said itll be nice if we apply PR inland. but is it legit? can i apply for Spousal Sponsorship Inland in my case? i am here in canada since august (are we consider living together now? even if i i only hold a TRV VISIT Visa ? and just arrived last august here?)
Welcome to Canada @gellivezina
Yes you can apply spousal inland right away bcs both of you is marriage legally..

KandyK

Feb 9, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
O4-04-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
File Transfer...
05/10/2017
Med's Request
19/07/2017
Med's Done....
03/08/2017
LANDED..........
10/19/2017

Kozyrytka

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
Ontario
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
Doc's Request.
27-07-2017
AOR Received.
25-07-2017
hi we never really live full time since we are from different country and he works as flight attendant he just visits us 2-3 times a year and spends 30days each visits . we are married almost 4years now and we have a 3year old child. i enter canada as visitor last august this year.i have 5year multiple entry TRV. He said itll be nice if we apply PR inland. but is it legit? can i apply for Spousal Sponsorship Inland in my case? i am here in canada since august (are we consider living together now? even if i i only hold a TRV VISIT Visa ? and just arrived last august here?)
I'm not sure about the numbers but the majority of inland applicants don't get to live "full time" with their partners. Me personally I was visiting my husband for a few months and then I was coming back to my country. This year I've decided to move to Canada for good. So the question is - are you planning to stay in Canada for good now ? If yes, I'd recommend going with inland application. You have mentioned that you have a child together and been married for 4 years? I don't have an access to inland forms at this moment but I think that you meet the conditions for not having to show proof of your relationship. I think you would still have to go with showing some proof of shared expenses. You having a visa is a good thing. You have to maintain your status as a visitor till you get your open work permit. It doesn't matter much that you came here in August. As long as you have some proof that your husband was visiting you and you were visiting him. It's all good. Like I mentioned before I don't think you will have to show the proof of your relationship since you have been married for 4 years and have a child together. I'd recommend going with inland application if you have decided to stay in Canada.

Nadaa

Sep 21, 2017
Yukon Territory
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Jakarta
App. Filed.......
17-05-2023
hey nadaa did you enter canada as TRV Visitor visa aswell? and apply for PR Spousal Class Inland and OWP?
Yes @gellyvezina
Ònce arrived in Canada with TRV, we made join account with TD bank, picture ID with same address, Alberta healthcard and put me under his private insurance and some docs&billing..than applied PR spousal inland (12 months process) along with owp :) good luck for you

Reactions: polar25

Kamranria

Nov 8, 2017
We are currently still waiting for AOR we applied inland October 16th currently the timeline for AOR is approx 2 months. Once you get that the OWP application is supposed to be submitted by CIC and that current wait time is 11 weeks. So from what I can gather the time line is roughly 5 months from delivery of app to CIC to work permit issuance. And total time for PR is 12 months from date of AOR.
My spouse is British and he is heading back to England today. We were told that as long as we have a valid ETA he can travel and they will process his application as submitted. So he can be out of the country for part of the process. You can only have a health card if you are working and your current permit is still valid. Most provincial medical programs do not acknowledge implied status. So if this is the case short term travel insurance is always a good idea.
Hope this helps
Hi thanks

marcewang

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
As my knowledge processing owp is around 4months. On my case, it took longer, coz of my own mistake, in beginning i paid $155 so my application been returned (took a month). Once received it, i paid another $100 than i send it again to Mississauga instead of Vegrevile ( I live in Alberta). My husband received AIP, 2 weeks before my CoPR :)
Hi !

So does it take 4 months to get your OWP from the moment you get your AOR? or the moment you send it out?
I made the same mistake. Will probably get my OWP back. Still waiting on my AOR though.
So, when I get it back i should send it to Vegrevile right?

ggg07

Nov 13, 2017
Hi !

So does it take 4 months to get your OWP from the moment you get your AOR? or the moment you send it out?
I made the same mistake. Will probably get my OWP back. Still waiting on my AOR though.
Hi, also did the same thing just paid $100 for the OWP Fee. My application was received last Sept 27. Pls keep us posted of status of your OWP-- whether they returned it or deducted the lacking amount from the the PRRF. Thanks!

Nadaa

Sep 21, 2017
Yukon Territory
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Jakarta
App. Filed.......
17-05-2023
Hi !

Since i made a mistake so my application of PR and OWP become separated in process (PR on Mississauga and OWP on Vegreville- bcs i live in Alberta province)
OWP
The time processing was 4months after I re-sent it.
PR
I got my AOR by email 4weeks after they received my PR app - I tracked it tru Canada Post