Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
upfront/passed
Can any Expert/Senior Member could reply for my question? Thank you
Hi,

I am no expert, but traveling before you get your OWP approved is a huge risk. Does he have a visitor visa here or he's just using his Green Card? Rules with US shouldn't be that strict, but you never know. Of course, human factor plays the greatest role. If he does decide to leave though, he shouldn't stay abroad for longer than 3 weeks at a time (even after OWP is approved), because they can question your relationship and his desire to actually live in Canada.

A lot of people say that you shouldn't leave even when you have OWP, but I did and it went smooth. So, good luck:)

krimsuun

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Hi,

I've managed to link the sponsorship application but haven't been able to link the OWP.
I'm not sure if I am doing anything wrong while trying to link but I followed the instructions...

Anyone else having trouble?

Jonesk9

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
Northern BC Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-16-2017
My spouses grandmother is in hospital, his mom called today and he needs to go home for a couple weeks. We haven’t gotten AOR yet and he is a British citizen if he leaves before he gets AOR is there going to be reprocussions or should I just send in something explaining the trip? He should be back before the estimated timeline of AOR’s as ours was recieved October 16th so shouldn’t be gettin AOR until December.

Help this is urgent!!!

Yulia V

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
upfront/passed
My spouses grandmother is in hospital, his mom called today and he needs to go home for a couple weeks. We haven’t gotten AOR yet and he is a British citizen if he leaves before he gets AOR is there going to be reprocussions or should I just send in something explaining the trip? He should be back before the estimated timeline of AOR’s as ours was recieved October 16th so shouldn’t be gettin AOR until December.

Help this is urgent!!!
Does he have a valid visa? What's his status here?

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Reactions: Mutato_KT

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON

Help this is urgent!!!
He can leave as long as he is eligible to return i.e either has a multiple entry visit visa, or has a valid eTA or can apply for an eTA to re-enter. It shouldn't be a problem. It's only a problem if he has entered and is on implied status and that if he leaves he can't re-enter without a visa etc. Since he's a British Citizen I think he can just apply for an eTA and re-enter whenever so it shouldn't be a problem.

Reactions: Mutato_KT

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Hi,

I've managed to link the sponsorship application but haven't been able to link the OWP.
I'm not sure if I am doing anything wrong while trying to link but I followed the instructions...

Normally the OWP takes a little longer to link, about a week or 2 after the AOR linking, so keep trying. Most people are able to link OWP within 2 weeks after linking their PR application. It's perfectly normal.

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
So I just linked my application to my account online. CIC requested SA and police check from me.
I have 2 questions about the police check:

1) I have been in Canada for 10 years - so technically I need a Canadian police check but someone posted earlier that we don't need to submit one from Canada. Can someone please confirm this?

2) I go back to my home country every year for the past 10 years. Each time, I stay for 3 weeks. So do I need a police check from my home country? Because I found this statement on CIC:
"You may need a police certificate from any country or territory that you have spent six months or more since the age of 18. For example: if you visited, worked or lived in a country for two months, left for a few years, then returned for four months, that counts as spending six months there. In this case, you would need a certificate."

Thank you so much for your help!
1) That's right, you do not need to provide a Canadian PCC, regardless of how long you've lived here, because IRCC is able to perform a Canadian-relevant background check internally. Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=037&top=4

2) The issue is, IRCC provides updated information in the request letter they send you which contradicts the information you wrote here. In the request letter they say "Where you have spent most of your adult life" I believe they say this now as a vague statement so that you do not have to provide PCCs for countries where you've been going on and off for short vacations and haven't actually lived there properly. They say that if there's a country they need it from, they will ask you specifically. i.e You don't have to follow the 6 month rule as of right now. BUT, from a practical standpoint, it depends on the procedure and time I guess. If that country's PCC is extremely easy to obtain quickly, I would just add it in case. If it'll take a while, then you can go without it and see if they ask for it later.

Reactions: dangvt2

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Just got AOR 15 min ago for principle applicant. Should sponsor also receive an email too?
Application was received on Sep 8.
Sponsor usually receives the AOR email the day after the PA receives it. The sponsor's email just has their UCI and app no, only important for using ecas to check status. The PA AOR email is the main one with info you need to link to an online GCKey account.

krimsuun

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Sponsor usually receives the AOR email the day after the PA receives it. The sponsor's email just has their UCI and app no, only important for using ecas to check status. The PA AOR email is the main one with info you need to link to an online GCKey account.

So do you need to link the sponsors UCI to account as well? or just the one recieved by PA with the application number and UCI

Jonesk9

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
Northern BC Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-16-2017
Thank you. His date of entry was October 7th and is good for 6 months so if he leaves he will still be eligible to return. Thank you

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017
My wife (PA) got AOR a few weeks back, but I the sponsor not got any email yet...is this a normal glitch? I was thinking they spelt my email wrong.. I can still check ECAS using the application number and my name/dob, which isn't showing much movement yet apart from application received on both the sponsor and pa side (I assume also normal at this early stage)..

Thirdy21

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 29 and June 24
File Transfer...
April 29, 2014
Med's Request
April 30, 2014
Med's Done....
May 8, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 10, 2014
LANDED..........
Very Soon
hi,
thanks for this. my application was just received last october 31 but i am saving this now.
just a question. when you receive the AOR is it both for the PR and OWP? because my wife’s work permit will expire february 4,2018 and based on the timelines here we expect to receive our AOR end of december or early january. our only hope for her to be on implied status is if indeed the AOR includes linking the OWP application.
thanks
Hi, yeah when i received my AOR i linked both PR and OWP and it says in my OWP that it is awaiting processing.

Reactions: marvz21

Thirdy21

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 29 and June 24
File Transfer...
April 29, 2014
Med's Request
April 30, 2014
Med's Done....
May 8, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 10, 2014
LANDED..........
Very Soon
Hi,

When did you receive your AOR, sometimes it takes a while before you can link it because they havent processed ot yet, took about 5 days before I was able to link mine

Thirdy21

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 29 and June 24
File Transfer...
April 29, 2014
Med's Request
April 30, 2014
Med's Done....
May 8, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 10, 2014
LANDED..........
Very Soon
So do you need to link the sponsors UCI to account as well? or just the one recieved by PA with the application number and UCI
No you just need to link PA's PR application and PA's UCI with OWP. Nothing to be done with sponsors UCi

Reactions: krimsuun