Toronto
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
01-09-2017
AOR Received.
30-10-2017
Hey everyone,
so I sent my application on September 1st and have received the email from CIC on October 30th, I have been able to linked (after a few unsuccessful tries) my application number to my CIC account, but I now have a couple of questions:
1-I have lived in Canada for 2 year, so do I need a Canadian Police check? I have applied for it but I have to wait 10 business days for it and I have everything else ready
2-Schedule A 2017-06 Version--> Do I need to print and sign or just type my name as stated in the form? )Just found contradictory informations on forums)
3- We now have 2 UCI! I am confused! First email received on October 30th, addressed to me, showing UCI I have been using since first dealt with CIC 2 years ago. 2nd email, received on October 31st, this time addressed to my common-law partner (my sponsor) but still sent to my email, showing same application number but different UCI. What does that mean I am still using mine when filling out Schedule A right?

Thanks everyone for your help!

buddied94

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-08-2017
Doc's Request.
03-10-2017
AOR Received.
03-10-2017
Med's Request
20-03-2018
Med's Done....
26-03-2018
Interview........
23-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-07-2018
Hey everyone,
so I sent my application on September 1st and have received the email from CIC on October 30th, I have been able to linked (after a few unsuccessful tries) my application number to my CIC account, but I now have a couple of questions:
1-I have lived in Canada for 2 year, so do I need a Canadian Police check? I have applied for it but I have to wait 10 business days for it and I have everything else ready
2-Schedule A 2017-06 Version--> Do I need to print and sign or just type my name as stated in the form? )Just found contradictory informations on forums)
3- We now have 2 UCI! I am confused! First email received on October 30th, addressed to me, showing UCI I have been using since first dealt with CIC 2 years ago. 2nd email, received on October 31st, this time addressed to my common-law partner (my sponsor) but still sent to my email, showing same application number but different UCI. What does that mean I am still using mine when filling out Schedule A right?

1 - wait until CIC ask for it ... they will ask in the same manner they asked for the Schedule A.

2 - No just sign and date the document electronically if you are planning to upload via the linked account in the portal.

3 - The First UCI is yours and thats the one you use on the Schedule A, the Second one is so your partner can check their status as a sponsor via https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?app=ecas

hmk

Star Member
Jan 3, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-10-2015
AOR Received.
05-10-2015
Med's Done....
22-09-2015
Passport Req..
16-03-2016
Hello Everyone, our application was received on 30th Aug and got AOR on Oct 28. Yesterday I was finally able to link it after multiple failed attempts earlier but soon after I logged in I found the request for SA and Police Certificate. Now against the police certificate it says "multiple", does it mean that we need to provide PC for both home country and Canada as my wife has been here in Canada since June (less than 6m) and not lived anywhere else except for home country?

chinesecanadian87

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
Hello Everyone, our application was received on 30th Aug and got AOR on Oct 28. Yesterday I was finally able to link it after multiple failed attempts earlier but soon after I logged in I found the request for SA and Police Certificate. Now against the police certificate it says "multiple", does it mean that we need to provide PC for both home country and Canada as my wife has been here in Canada since June (less than 6m) and not lived anywhere else except for home country?
Do I need to provide a police certificate for my time in Canada?
You do not need to provide a police certificate for your time in Canada. If required, a Canadian criminal record check will be conducted. You may be asked to provide fingerprints or additional information later, if we need it to complete the check.

Reactions: hmk

naturalG

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
01-09-2017
AOR Received.
30-10-2017
Do I need to provide a police certificate for my time in Canada?
You do not need to provide a police certificate for your time in Canada. If required, a Canadian criminal record check will be conducted. You may be asked to provide fingerprints or additional information later, if we need it to complete the check.
So frustating, I called immigration yesterday and after 40 minutes wait I talked to someone who assured me I needed a Canadian Police Check! I went to the Police and paid the $20 but it takes 10 business days so 2-3 weeks to receive from now. If I didn't have to wait I could litterally submit everything today!

What should we do?

And just to confirm the signature of SA, the form says "I agree that by typing my name, I am electronically signing my application."
So I don't need to add an actual signature, even with Acrobat Reader, right? Just the name typed is enough? I don't want it to come back!

And thanks buddied94 for your help!

naturalG

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
01-09-2017
AOR Received.
30-10-2017
Ok so after re-reading the request to upload Police Checks directly on my account page in CIC it specifically says "You must provide a police certificate for every country, region or territory, other than Canada, in which you have spent 6 months or more."
At least we know and I can upload everything today!!!
Let me know what you guys are doing to sign SA (see my previous post!)

naturalG

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
01-09-2017
AOR Received.
30-10-2017
Now I am still confused regarding the signature of Schedule A:

Should you choose to submit this form to the Case Processing Centre Mississauga by mail or
through the IRCC Web form, you must complete additional steps prior to submission:
1. Ensure you validate the Schedule A form.
2. Print out the form and sign in writing (provide your handwritten signature) next to your
name in the signature box. If you do not sign and date the form according to these
instructions, another copy of the form with a signature will be required.

Once these steps are completed, you can submit the validated and signed copy of this form to
CPC-Mississauga via mail or through the IRCC Web form.

So does that mean we have to fill it out, validate it, print it, sign it, then scan all the pages, compose a new PDF with all the scans, and upload it?

Note: Make sure you validate this form before you save it by clicking the “validate” button at the
top or bottom of the document. You can only upload the “Schedule A Online” form into your online
account if you validated the document before you saved it. Do not print out this form and upload
the printed copy through your online account. This will result in an invalid submission of your
Schedule A, which will cause additional delays to your application. The complete and validated
Case Processing Centre Mississauga Centre de Traitement des Demandes Mississauga
Schedule A form, in PDF format, should only be saved to your computer and uploaded directly into
your online account.

I'm just confused about what to do, obviously!

Sorry for all the posts!

Last edited:

sevensmallwoods

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
06-09-2017
Doc's Request.
01-11-2017
AOR Received.
31-10-2017
hi,
when you received the AOR does it contain the instructions to link the application to your mycic account for both the PR and OWP? and did you (sponsor) received the email or was it your spouse?
We got an email, not an AOR. The email tells us to link our account which I'm guessing will also be a link to the AOR. But we're still not able to link the account (blocked for 24 hours after 5 failed attempts). Will let you know when we get to link the account.

sevensmallwoods

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
06-09-2017
Doc's Request.
01-11-2017
AOR Received.
31-10-2017
Hey everyone,

Also tried to link account today and yesterday, but no luck. 99.9% sure entered all information correctly. But entered "1" person at end of the link forum when asking "How many people part of this application?". We entered 1 because I'm the sponsor and my wife is the principal applicant. Should I enter 2 people? Did you do this?

sevensmallwoods

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
06-09-2017
Doc's Request.
01-11-2017
AOR Received.
31-10-2017
hi,
when you received the AOR does it contain the instructions to link the application to your mycic account for both the PR and OWP? and did you (sponsor) received the email or was it your spouse?
My spouse received the email, not me.
And email did not contain instructions for PR and OWP.
The email says:
"To continue processing your application, you must link your application to an online account."

naturalG

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
01-09-2017
AOR Received.
30-10-2017
Also tried to link account today and yesterday, but no luck. 99.9% sure entered all information correctly. But entered "1" person at end of the link forum when asking "How many people part of this application?". We entered 1 because I'm the sponsor and my wife is the principal applicant. Should I enter 2 people? Did you do this?
Definitely enter 2, same for me. It shouldn't work yet it does, and even though the answer should be 1, it would only work once 2 entered.

The email contains the AOR, AOR is just Acknowledgement of Receipt, and the date they received it should be stated in your email. Once you'll link your account you'll be able to upload Schedule A and Police checks