+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Angeles87mike77

Star Member
Sep 25, 2017
Spoke to CIC this morning long wait on the phone but was able to speak to a agent. They are currently back logged and working on Aug 31 applications (today is Oct 24th)....The agent then told me when my wife application comes up they will review make sure it's complete and all required documents are included. If it is complete the will email us a ARO if not they will return it in few weeks

Angeles87mike77

Star Member
Sep 25, 2017
The agent also told me if we have not received a email 30 before wife stats is about to expire apply for a extension to stay in Canada just in case application is returned to us

hmk

Star Member
Jan 3, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-10-2015
AOR Received.
05-10-2015
Med's Done....
22-09-2015
Passport Req..
16-03-2016
Hi Guys,

CIC received my application on August 28 and I finally received AOR today on October 23, 2017; I was beginning to worry that my application was going to be rejected.

Anyhow, just thought I would share my timeline since I noticed some of last week August and early September applicants inquiring about AOR in the last few pages of the thread.
Thank you for sharing and bringing in some hope. Ours was received on Aug 30 so basis your timeline, hoping for the AOR this week :)

hmk

Star Member
Jan 3, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-10-2015
AOR Received.
05-10-2015
Med's Done....
22-09-2015
Passport Req..
16-03-2016
Hopefully you receive yours any day now please let us know I hate this waiting in dark
I hear you, I am in the same boat. Don't worry hopefully we'll get the updates soon, will notify as soon as I hear from them.

Reactions: Angeles87mike77

Jonesk9

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
Northern BC Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-16-2017
This is incredibly discouraging. Working on August 31st, ours would have been in that pile but due to it being sent back we are now October 16th. They are going to push the timeline well over 12 months at this rate. I wonder if there is any hope of them catching up or speeding up the AOR process back down to 2-4 weeks?

Mutato_KT

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
QC
Category........
FAM
Hello again.

Just to update, we got our CSQ from mail today. So happy. :)

Hoping to get the medical request soon as well.

Mt80

Oct 25, 2017
Hello everyone, thank you all for putting together this forum, it's a great resource.

I would like to hear about schedule A. How did you guys do it? Am I supposed to list all my traveling in there? Or just the places I resided? I'm confused.

My application was delivered by Canada post on Oct 4.

Thank you

Reactions: Mutato_KT

Mutato_KT

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
QC
Category........
FAM
Hello everyone, thank you all for putting together this forum, it's a great resource.

I would like to hear about schedule A. How did you guys do it? Am I supposed to list all my traveling in there? Or just the places I resided? I'm confused.

Thank you
Hello, @Mt80. Schedule A was requested from us through email about 2.5 months after AOR. Though, it differs per case, I guess. Hope this helped.

Mutato_KT

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
QC
Category........
FAM

Thank you
Hello, @Mt80. Schedule A was requested from us through email about 2.5 months after AOR. Though it differs per case, I guess. Hope this helped.

chinaboy

Oct 11, 2017
Hi everyone! Just wondering if you are having the same experience up to now. Application received by Mississauga on Sept 1st after I completed what was missing (app returned Aug 17 and resent Aug 30)but still no news yet.
Besides my 6 months visitor visa ends Nov 19. Should I extend my visa now or just wait till I get AOR for implied status. If so, won’t this affect my OWP?
Thanks all for your help.

Reactions: KandyK