+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Mutato_KT

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
QC
Category........
FAM
If you use a representative, you won't be able to link it online, but you can still use eCAS (https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do?app=)
Normally, for linking you use the Principal Applicant's UCI (you can't link the sponsor's UCI to an app).

Since you have a representative, they will instead have access to the Paid Representative Portal which is normally a lot more detailed and has a lot fewer glitches and stuff, so if you keep in constant contact with your representative, they should be able to provide you more detailed information as your app progresses which is better than what you would get on MyCIC anyway.

Thanks for this. I was hoping to have more access/view to get more progress without needing to bug our representative in an hourly basis. (LOL)

Okpalugo2017

Jul 2, 2017
Victoria, BC, Canada
App. Filed.......
22-09-2017
AOR Received.
10-10-2017
How do I check if am out of status. My husband has a study permit which will expire 2019 but have been out of school this whole year without taken any courses before we submitted our application with OWP in Aug and we already have AOR OCT 10 But we are just worried out his status which might affect his OWP from coming on time. How do you know you out of status?

crystarclear

Star Member
Oct 2, 2017
Alberta
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-12-2017
Doc's Request.
26-01-2018
AOR Received.
24-01-2018
LANDED..........
06-11-2018
Hi, I have a question. I passed my in-land application and OWP last Sept 17 and CIC received it on September 20. I also passed a visitor extension last August but it still hasn't been processed yet. Anyway, I'll be on implied status starting this November since my immigration stamp on my passport was made last May. I kinda need the OWP asap cos I need my health card renewed. I am currently 4 mos. pregnant. My question is can I go to the airport I got in and asked from an immigration officer a new immigration stamp? Will that be possible?

hmk

Star Member
Jan 3, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-10-2015
AOR Received.
05-10-2015
Med's Done....
22-09-2015
Passport Req..
16-03-2016
Hello guys i am just wondering is there anyone here on the same situation! Our application was received on August 31 (Inland) and never heard anything from CIC. No AOR yet!!! Im kinda worried
Same story here, ours was received a day before on Aug 30th but no updates since :(

Anand P

Sep 15, 2017
Hi folks. Need your expert advise on my Inland Spousal PR application.

it's been 6 weeks after my Inland PR+OWP application reached Mississauga office. No signs of AOR as i could see there is a huge delay in process. My spouse visitor visa is getting expired in another 2 weeks. I haven't applied for any visitor visa extension. Should i stay calm and wait for AOR ?? Will that be still considered her status as implied for OWP?? please advise your thoughts.

Oct 23, 2017
Hello guys i am just wondering is there anyone here on the same situation! Our application was received on August 31 (Inland) and never heard anything from CIC. No AOR yet!!! Im kinda worried
My application was recieved on Aug 25 (inland) and finally I got my AOR last Saturday. It took almost 2 months.... You will get it soon I guess!

Last edited:

chinesecanadian87

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
Hi folks. Need your expert advise on my Inland Spousal PR application.

it's been 6 weeks after my Inland PR+OWP application reached Mississauga office. No signs of AOR as i could see there is a huge delay in process. My spouse visitor visa is getting expired in another 2 weeks. I haven't applied for any visitor visa extension. Should i stay calm and wait for AOR ?? Will that be still considered her status as implied for OWP?? please advise your thoughts.
You should apply to extend your visitor visa. If your application is returned and you’re out of St status you will not be able to apply for the OWP. If you apply to extend your visitor visa while it’s being processed you will still have implied status and if your application is returned you can resubmit with thyour OWP

Anand P

Sep 15, 2017
You should apply to extend your visitor visa. If your application is returned and you’re out of St status you will not be able to apply for the OWP. If you apply to extend your visitor visa while it’s being processed you will still have implied status and if your application is returned you can resubmit with thyour OWP

Thank you!! That makes sense

Emily89

Star Member
Dec 14, 2016
Hi all. I received AOR on 8 march. Got my work permit already. Just this week I logged onto CIC to see if anything has changed and there was an update... it says background check in process now. I passed my medical exam a while back also. Anyone else been in the Same boat and have an idea of how long till I get SA or AIP or DM from this point in time?
Hi!

I am in the same boat... Applied in Feb, passed medical while back as well and just last week got the update that background check in progress! Super happy that finally changed, i was getting worried for a bit. No idea about SA or AIP probably another couple months or more...

Reactions: abcdmud

jonamyt

Oct 23, 2017
Hi Guys,

CIC received my application on August 28 and I finally received AOR today on October 23, 2017; I was beginning to worry that my application was going to be rejected.

Anyhow, just thought I would share my timeline since I noticed some of last week August and early September applicants inquiring about AOR in the last few pages of the thread.

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017
Hi Guys,

CIC received my application on August 28 and I finally received AOR today on October 23, 2017; I was beginning to worry that my application was going to be rejected.

Anyhow, just thought I would share my timeline since I noticed some of last week August and early September applicants inquiring about AOR in the last few pages of the thread.
Exactly 8 weeks, so would seem the delay for AOR is getting even longer.

Reactions: KandyK

Noslord2003

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-02-2017
AOR Received.
12-03-2017
Med's Done....
June
Interview........
25-01-2018
LANDED..........
25-01-2018
How do I check if am out of status. My husband has a study permit which will expire 2019 but have been out of school this whole year without taken any courses before we submitted our application with OWP in Aug and we already have AOR OCT 10 But we are just worried out his status which might affect his OWP from coming on time. How do you know you out of status?
As long as the study permit hasn't expired, you don't have to be afraid. I had same issue too but I got my open work permit. So domt worry about that.

Reactions: Okpalugo2017