Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Mutato_KT

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
QC
Category........
FAM
Hi, Guys,

I have a representative. Is it true that the representative will lose access if I link application?

Also, when we link, which UCI do we use?

Thanks. :)

KandyK

Feb 9, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
O4-04-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
File Transfer...
05/10/2017
Med's Request
19/07/2017
Med's Done....
03/08/2017
LANDED..........
10/19/2017
Reactions: Noslord2003

Dimstereo

Jun 3, 2017
Victoria
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal (Inland)
App. Filed.......
30-01-2017
Doc's Request.
04-03-2017
AOR Received.
01-03-2017
Med's Request
22-06-2017
Med's Done....
04-07-2017
Interview........
12-19-2017
Friends,
I flagpoled at the Vermont/Quebec border on September 2, and received a visitors record for 2 months. We completed the application and it was received by CIC on September 19. So now we are waiting AOR expected in November and in the meantime, the 2 month record runs out. It is advised by everyone not to leave the country while an application is pending but that seems like my only option. Does anyone have advice?
You should extend your visitor visa on the CIC web page. You can do it online (faster) or send in papers. You do not have to leave the country to extend your visitor record. Once you've submitted your application to CIC to extend your visitor visa even when your 2 month one runs out you are still allowed to stay in Canada since you'll have implied status until your visitor visa extension application has been processed. It is important not to loose status while you are in Canada. As far as travelling goes, it is not recommended, however if you are from a visa exempt country it is usually no problem as long as you maintain your visitor status while being in Canada. My wife (US citizen) is applying inland and has traveled to the US a couple of times even while on implied status and had no issues coming back. However border agents can find other reasons to deny you entry, hence it is not recommended. Make sure you have the correct papers with you when travelling abroad.

sevensmallwoods

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
06-09-2017
Doc's Request.
01-11-2017
AOR Received.
31-10-2017
Is there a spreadsheet for 2017 inland applicants? I've been poking around but couldn't find one. (I could find the 2016 inland applicant Google spreadsheet, but not the 2017.)

sevensmallwoods

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
06-09-2017
Doc's Request.
01-11-2017
AOR Received.
31-10-2017
Is there a spreadsheet for 2017 inland applicants? I've been poking around but couldn't find one. (I could find the 2016 inland applicant Google spreadsheet, but not the 2017.)
Nevermind, I'm such a dummy, I found it right here. It's a tab with all the other spreadsheets.

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017
I think applicants from July 2017 onwards will be lucky. Their package is designed to ensure the applicant meets the requirements before submitting the form or else if you don't have what is asked, you have to wait until you gather all what's required. I believe their processing time will beat the one year mark. This is a good move by IRCC.
Sounds good, we will be delighted if it's all done by the 12 month mark, anything quicker is a bonus. Do people check ecas/mycic daily for any changes, or better to just forget about it and wait for emails?

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Yes, I was out of status. Any idea of general timeline for AIP?
AIP is usually near the end of the process. With the new process, they usually give SA, AIP, DM and landing all very close, within a week or two between each other.
So like, you'd probably get SA and AIP between 7-9 months from the day your app was received. Again, based on how they process it.

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Hi, Guys,

I have a representative. Is it true that the representative will lose access if I link application?

Also, when we link, which UCI do we use?

Thanks. :)
If you use a representative, you won't be able to link it online, but you can still use eCAS (https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do?app=)
Normally, for linking you use the Principal Applicant's UCI (you can't link the sponsor's UCI to an app).

Since you have a representative, they will instead have access to the Paid Representative Portal which is normally a lot more detailed and has a lot fewer glitches and stuff, so if you keep in constant contact with your representative, they should be able to provide you more detailed information as your app progresses which is better than what you would get on MyCIC anyway.

Reactions: Mutato_KT

Flutterby1

Jan 4, 2017
AIP is usually near the end of the process. With the new process, they usually give SA, AIP, DM and landing all very close, within a week or two between each other.
So like, you'd probably get SA and AIP between 7-9 months from the day your app was received. Again, based on how they process it.
Oh wow, that long eh. better plan to be out of work for a while yet then. Thanks!

eadams

Nov 29, 2016
Hi all. I received AOR on 8 march. Got my work permit already. Just this week I logged onto CIC to see if anything has changed and there was an update... it says background check in process now. I passed my medical exam a while back also. Anyone else been in the Same boat and have an idea of how long till I get SA or AIP or DM from this point in time?

Reactions: TheImmigrator