Med's Request
20-03-2018
Med's Done....
26-03-2018
Interview........
23-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-07-2018
I am not a lawyer but I will try to help you. I opened my own application (I got nothing returned back and already got my OWP so I am guessing I have filled it up semi-right).

Section A:
Applicant, Spouse - try putting in Martial Status of both of you - "Married-present" - in the guide they ask you if your wife and you were physically present at your wedding so the present would indicate that you were physically present at the ceremony (unless it was different).

Her mother and her father - their FULL names in English and in her native language, their place of birth, martial status and current address
Section B:
Not Applicable - meaning you and your wife don't have any children together or "separately" . I would also suggest filling up the table and all the rows with the word Not Applicable in this section. I have been told that leaving blank spaces might be taken as a mistake so I think it is better to fill that section up with Not Applicable - just to be safe.

Section C:
I think mentioning her brother is just fine, you don't need extra proof that he is your brother or that he got married. Fill the table with his name, their relationship - brother, date of birth, place of birth and his martial status I am guessing he is married.

Q2: From previous posts - I believe you have to wait again to get AOR but I think it might be faster - approx 4 weeks or so.

Q3: The IRCC wants you to maintain your visitor status BY YOURSELF so if she does not get the OWP on time (mine took less than 3 months to complete) she will have to apply for the visitor visa extend 30 days before her visa expires. I am not sure if she needs a visitor visa or she just simply gets a stamp in her passport at the airport but from my personal experience (Toronto, Ontario) as a person who needs only an eTA to enter Canada I could extend my stay for another 6 months by simply going to the airport and asking the officer for the extension (aka another stamp in my passport) which would extend my stay for another 6 months. If she does, simply apply for a visa extension (as a new online application) around 30 days before hers expires. I believe during the waiting time for the decision she gets an implied status till the decision on the new application is made. I would recommend looking that up.
hey in what circumstance can you go to the airport and more importantly where in the airport to get your passport stamped if your on an ETA?

Kozyrytka

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
Ontario
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
Doc's Request.
27-07-2017
AOR Received.
25-07-2017
hey in what circumstance can you go to the airport and more importantly where in the airport to get your passport stamped if your on an ETA?

You go to an airport (where you landed in Canada)and ask people for an immigration office or simply go to the helpdesk. They are usually in front of the entrances. There is no circumstances. You just need to convince an officer that you want to stay longer. Simply say that you want to stay longer for another 6 months and your stamp is about to expire. If it's for immigration purposes you can mention that you are in the process of PR application. As long as you give them an honest explanation they will give you another stamp. If you don't like that idea you can always cross the border (if you are close and if you have the American visa) and they will give you a new stamp upon entering Canada.

Kozyrytka

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
Ontario
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
Doc's Request.
27-07-2017
AOR Received.
25-07-2017
I have not received sch A and police clearance and I got my AOR in june.

v
I got the request at the time when I linked my application. I would suggest checking the status of your application online through ECAS - the online application search tool which allows you to see what IRCC was sending to you all this time.

buddied94

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-08-2017
Doc's Request.
03-10-2017
AOR Received.
03-10-2017
Med's Request
20-03-2018
Med's Done....
26-03-2018
Interview........
23-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-07-2018
You go to an airport (where you landed in Canada)and ask people for an immigration office or simply go to the helpdesk. They are usually in front of the entrances. There is no circumstances. You just need to convince an officer that you want to stay longer. Simply say that you want to stay longer for another 6 months and your stamp is about to expire. If it's for immigration purposes you can mention that you are in the process of PR application. As long as you give them an honest explanation they will give you another stamp. If you don't like that idea you can always cross the border (if you are close and if you have the American visa) and they will give you a new stamp upon entering Canada.
i live 5 mins from Pearson so it makes sense for me to just go down there and ask the question if it can be done ... if its that easy great ill go do that in 3 weeks make sure i leave enough time in case i do need to do the form

yetesfan@gmail.com

Apr 15, 2017
Hi I have applied under common-in-law sponsorship program.

I haven't received medical request yet!!! Nor even landing fee request!!!

Application received: 3 April, 2017
AOR: 21 April, 2017
Background Schedule Request: 28 April, 2017.
Sent date Background Schedule: 2 May, 2017.

After that Dead silence.

Any update on medical for April applicants!!!
I am in the same situation. I contacted them and recommend to wait. Fingers crossed!

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
Seems like noone is applying inland in 2017 :D :D

We almost have our paperwork together, the marriage certificate is on its way. It took a bit over a month to come. We sent it online on Dec 6, and it says it was processed on Jan 9. Now only waiting for it arrive in the mail.

So we can officially start checking our documents and ensure everything is in order.

Hoping for the best for everyone this year!
Alo! Can you please help me for this?
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-can-i-get-csq-for-spouse-sponsorship.521195/

Thank you so much in advance.

K&Y

Oct 5, 2017
Hi - just linked my OWP to PR application and I see that my OWP has been approved. We used a representative and I was wondering if the actual OWP will be mailed to me or to her? We sent the application in ourselves and our address was the return address on the package. Thx in advance!

Ylajali

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
App. Filed.......
2017-04-11
AOR Received.
2017-05-04
Med's Request
2017-11-15

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
The sponsor will receive and email with instructions to request the CSQ for the principal applicant. In our case we received that email 5 days after AOR.
Hi there! Thank you so much for your response!

I already linked my account to the site. However, I received this list of requested documents that I am not sure if I understand it well:

=> So I have to send them the 3 documents but instead of send them hard copies, I have to:
- Work to get CSQ + Police Certificate, and then Scan them in colour, after that upload the files to send them to CIC?
- Schedule A Online: fill the form online, then print it out + sign -> scan it, after that upload the file to send it to CIC?

Thank you in advance for your help!
T

mlabella

May 9, 2017
Mississauga
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-04-2017
I am in the same situation. I contacted them and recommend to wait. Fingers crossed!
Hi, the same for me... Nothing happen.. I applied in April 17.
One question, in April applicants your profile this part change?
Review of eligibility Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.

Lashen

Nov 1, 2016
Hi there! Thank you so much for your response!

I already linked my account to the site. However, I received this list of requested documents that I am not sure if I understand it well:

=> So I have to send them the 3 documents but instead of send them hard copies, I have to:
- Work to get CSQ + Police Certificate, and then Scan them in colour, after that upload the files to send them to CIC?
- Schedule A Online: fill the form online, then print it out + sign -> scan it, after that upload the file to send it to CIC?

Thank you in advance for your help!
T
Hello, you should submit your police reports (if more than two as one pdf document) by uploading it through MyCIC. The same applies to CSQ. For your Schedule A, I will advise that you submit online through MyCIC. Fill them on your computer and select the date. DO NOT PRINT TO SIGN IF SUBMITTING ONLINE!! Just validate it and make sure there are no gaps and every information is correct. Upload the validated version of the Schedule A through MyCIC account. You will be required to provide an electronic signature during the submission process.

Reactions: Trinh

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
Hello, you should submit your police reports (if more than two as one pdf document) by uploading it through MyCIC. The same applies to CSQ. For your Schedule A, I will advise that you submit online through MyCIC. Fill them on your computer and select the date. DO NOT PRINT TO SIGN IF SUBMITTING ONLINE!! Just validate it and make sure there are no gaps and every information is correct. Upload the validated version of the Schedule A through MyCIC account. You will be required to provide an electronic signature during the submission process.
Alo, thank you so much for your instruction!

I just found that I MISSED one message from CIC on MyCIC which instructs clearly what the next step is! How silly I was!

Last edited: