+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Annjo89

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015
Hi,
I am April 5th applicant and have sent in Schedule A and Police Certificate.
Have not heard anything since, no SA nor medical exam.

Anyone else who is April applicant and haven't heard anything from CIC? :)

MariaF

Star Member
Oct 15, 2014
They will state the reasons why your application was returned back to you. Include those documents or forms and pay the difference in the fees, and re-submit back. You don't have to fill new forms if you were not asked to do so. Pay attention to the documents requested because they won't return your application because of fee shortage for open work permit.
Hi Lashen! How sure are you please that the package won’t be returned for insufficient fee for OWP? My PR sponsorship went ahead got an AoR for that, but I don’t know what is happening with my OWP. We paid $100 only and cannot link that online no matter what combination I use. I called Immi and was advised that “most likely” my OWP (only) will be returned (so nothing definitive?). We intend to resubmit a fresh Owp application as we don’t know for sure where our paper is or when it will be returned and my visitor status expires end of Oct. Any advise will be appreciated. Thank you!

Nadaa

Sep 21, 2017
Yukon Territory
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Jakarta
App. Filed.......
17-05-2023
Hi Lashen! How sure are you please that the package won’t be returned for insufficient fee for OWP? My PR sponsorship went ahead got an AoR for that, but I don’t know what is happening with my OWP. We paid $100 only and cannot link that online no matter what combination I use. I called Immi and was advised that “most likely” my OWP (only) will be returned (so nothing definitive?). We intend to resubmit a fresh Owp application as we don’t know for sure where our paper is or when it will be returned and my visitor status expires end of Oct. Any advise will be appreciated. Thank you!
In my case, CIC returned my application for wop for fee shortage after a month. Soon we received it, we paid and re-send it again

Lashen

Nov 1, 2016
The OWP application is different from the Sponsorship application, that is why you have received AOR. Now what I meant is CIC won't return your sponsorship application because of fee shortage for OWP. You get it?
In your case, you have issue with fee shortage for OWP. Now it all depends on the officer who will look at your OWP application. In most cases, if you have paid for Right of Permanent Residence Fees - RPRF, the officer will subtract the balance from this fees and you will be ask to pay for RPRF difference when your sponsorship application is approved. However, some officers might return your OWP application back to you. One guy also received a call from the officer to pay and his OWP application wasn't returned. So I cannot guarantee what will happen in your case, but if you have paid RPRF, then you have more chance. Or you can now pay and send a copy of receipt to the CPC-M instead of waiting. These days, nothing is guaranteed!! Someone applied on December 21, 2017, received AOR on January 18, 2017 and landed in July, 2017. Someone applied on April 2016 and still waiting. So just keep your hopes up!!

Reactions: abcdmud

MariaF

Star Member
Oct 15, 2014
The OWP application is different from the Sponsorship application, that is why you have received AOR. Now what I meant is CIC won't return your sponsorship application because of fee shortage for OWP. You get it?
In your case, you have issue with fee shortage for OWP. Now it all depends on the officer who will look at your OWP application. In most cases, if you have paid for Right of Permanent Residence Fees - RPRF, the officer will subtract the balance from this fees and you will be ask to pay for RPRF difference when your sponsorship application is approved. However, some officers might return your OWP application back to you. One guy also received a call from the officer to pay and his OWP application wasn't returned. So I cannot guarantee what will happen in your case, but if you have paid RPRF, then you have more chance. Or you can now pay and send a copy of receipt to the CPC-M instead of waiting. These days, nothing is guaranteed!! Someone applied on December 21, 2017, received AOR on January 18, 2017 and landed in July, 2017. Someone applied on April 2016 and still waiting. So just keep your hopes up!!
Thank you. I’ll just resend the whole OWP application. Just a bit frustrating that instead of my owp already half way thru the processing time it has to start over again due to an oversight that was actually a result of a misguided website I already brought this to the attention of the immi officer I spoke to and she acknowledged there could be a flaw in their website because they have plentyof cases like mine. I was to told to lodge an online complaint and the more people do it the more compelling it would be for the immi to update their page. I’ve done it already!

BertlCamus

Star Member
Sep 26, 2017
Thank you. I’ll just resend the whole OWP application. Just a bit frustrating that instead of my owp already half way thru the processing time it has to start over again due to an oversight that was actually a result of a misguided website I already brought this to the attention of the immi officer I spoke to and she acknowledged there could be a flaw in their website because they have plentyof cases like mine. I was to told to lodge an online complaint and the more people do it the more compelling it would be for the immi to update their page. I’ve done it already!
I almost made the same mistake. I paid, printed the confirmation sheet, then realized that I only paid a fraction of what was needed. So I paid the other fee and printed a second sheet last minute to put in with my application. Definitely easy to overlook that there are two separate fees for OWP.

Angeles87mike77

Star Member
Sep 25, 2017
Hello everybody I'm sponsoring my wife she is from Mexico we mail are application on September 22nd received on September 24th. We are hoping we completed all the questions correctly and gathered all the correct documents in the application is not sent back time will tell but I think we are good. We would like to start the Mexican police check but not too sure how we go about getting that without the letter from immigration I've been told it will take a long time to get the Mexican police check if anyone on here has received the Mexican police check please tell me the

Angeles87mike77

Star Member
Sep 25, 2017
Hello everybody I'm sponsoring my wife she is from Mexico we mail are application on September 22nd received on September 24th. We are hoping we completed all the questions correctly and gathered all the correct documents in the application is not sent back time will tell but I think we are good. We would like to start the Mexican police check but not too sure how we go about getting that without the letter from immigration I've been told it will take a long time to get the Mexican police check if anyone on here has received the Mexican police check please tell me the

MariaF

Star Member
Oct 15, 2014
Hi again. To those who have successfully obtained an OWP (was on visitor status and have got a spousal sponsorship), in the application form which did you select? 1. An initial work permit etc etc
2. Temporary Resident status
Did you select BOTH or NO.1 only?
Thank you!!!

MariaF

Star Member
Oct 15, 2014
I almost made the same mistake. I paid, printed the confirmation sheet, then realized that I only paid a fraction of what was needed. So I paid the other fee and printed a second sheet last minute to put in with my application. Definitely easy to overlook that there are two separate fees for OWP.
Good on you!!! :)
In the form which did you select? 1. An initial work permit etc etc 2. Temporary Resident Permit
Both or just no. 1?
Thanks

Mizzcari

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016
Hey Everyone

Does anyone know the timeline to receive AIP/SA? I applied on July. When should i expect AIP? Thank you

dok

Apr 20, 2014
Hey Everyone

Does anyone know the timeline to receive AIP/SA? I applied on July. When should i expect AIP? Thank you
Currently, IRCC is processing applications within 12months for at least 80% of the cases. You should expect to be done vu July 2018 or earlier if your case is straight forward. AIP/SA could come anytime from Novembre 2017.

rbobalex

Sep 26, 2017
Hi,
I am April 5th applicant and have sent in Schedule A and Police Certificate.
Have not heard anything since, no SA nor medical exam.

Anyone else who is April applicant and haven't heard anything from CIC? :)
I Have Applied on April 3rd, 2017 but after Schedule A, and Open work permit, there is no other update. No Medical or SA yet. Don't know why CIC is being lazy. lol.

Reactions: Annjo89