Sep 21, 2017
Yukon Territory
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Jakarta
App. Filed.......
17-05-2023
In my experienced, i applied PR along with SWOP. 5months later i got my SWOP while my PR still processing. For the provincial health care, i applied 4months after arrived in Canada as visitor visa also means 3months before i submitted my PR aplication

Last edited:

Ylajali

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
App. Filed.......
2017-04-11
AOR Received.
2017-05-04
Med's Request
2017-11-15
Hi,
I am April 5th applicant and have sent in Schedule A and Police Certificate.
Have not heard anything since, no SA nor medical exam.

Anyone else who is April applicant and haven't heard anything from CIC? :)
I Have Applied on April 3rd, 2017 but after Schedule A, and Open work permit, there is no other update. No Medical or SA yet. Don't know why CIC is being lazy. lol.
I'm April 11 applicant and haven't heard anything either since Schedula A... Maybe they changed their way of doing things? It's a new program so they might still be adjusting the way they work...

icelandicpie

Jun 22, 2017
Hey guys, I have a few questions
- How long does it take to get Canadian police certificates? ("Criminal Background Check) I'm going to my local police station today to have them take my fingerprints and everything. I think the website says it takes 3 days to process + mailing time. So I should receive it within a week or so? Then I only have to scan it and upload it, is that correct?

- When will I receive a CIC letter saying "It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident status as someone who is in the live in caregivers in Canada class, or as someone who is the spouse or common-law partner of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, or as someone who is a Protected Person." or something similar? Is it at the very end of the process, after medicals, before medicals but after schedule A/police checks?

Thank you!

bluephil17

Jun 15, 2017
Hi Everyone, wanted to give you all an update. Submitted documents Aug 14 Received AOR yesterday via email (Sun Oct 1). Will keep you all updated on next steps and thanks for all those that helped during my doc preparation time.

RedGirl

Sep 28, 2017
I received AOR today too.
Application sent: August 15th 2017
Application received: August 17th 2017
AOR: October 2nd, 2017

Reactions: KandyK

lakosn

Jul 25, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
I just submitted my Schedule A and police certificates. Let's see how long it would take to get a medical exam request.

Sheraton_k

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
I'm April 11 applicant and haven't heard anything either since Schedula A... Maybe they changed their way of doing things? It's a new program so they might still be adjusting the way they work...
If u read my profile, we submitted March 2nd and BG is not started yet so .... 7 months waiting still nothing except Medical request .... guess more to go

Ylajali

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
App. Filed.......
2017-04-11
AOR Received.
2017-05-04
Med's Request
2017-11-15
If u read my profile, we submitted March 2nd and BG is not started yet so .... 7 months waiting still nothing except Medical request .... guess more to go
It's possible that your background check has started but doesn't show on myCIC... It's not always accurate and there have been a lot of technical glitches...

abcdmud

Jan 23, 2017
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Feb 12, 2017
Doc's Request.
Apr 3, 2017
AOR Received.
Mar 5, 2017
Med's Request
Jun 14, 2017
Med's Done....
Passed Jun 29, 2017
Interview........
Mar 5, 2018
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2018
It's possible that your background check has started but doesn't show on myCIC... It's not always accurate and there have been a lot of technical glitches...
I hope you are right. I am a February applicant and I did my meds in June and nothing from CIC since then...This waiting game is really hard... I hope they get to 2017 applicants soon.

Reactions: Noslord2003

chloecanada

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
@ab
I hope you are right. I am a February applicant and I did my meds in June and nothing from CIC since then...This waiting game is really hard... I hope they get to 2017 applicants soon.
Hi,
Im a March applicant and i also did my medical exam in July..and like you NOTHING from CIC since then :(
Did your background check start already ?