+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Sheraton_k

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
It's possible that your background check has started but doesn't show on myCIC... It's not always accurate and there have been a lot of technical glitches...
Ohh that's right but even on my ECAS.. only shows "application received"on PA side

abcdmud

Jan 23, 2017
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Feb 12, 2017
Doc's Request.
Apr 3, 2017
AOR Received.
Mar 5, 2017
Med's Request
Jun 14, 2017
Med's Done....
Passed Jun 29, 2017
Interview........
Mar 5, 2018
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2018
@ab
Hi,
Im a March applicant and i also did my medical exam in July..and like you NOTHING from CIC since then :(
Did your background check start already ?
Yes it states "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."

chloecanada

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Yes it states "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."
How long does it take for background check to be in process after you sent out your Police certificat and Schedule A ? I sent them out 2-3 weeks ago but background check is always N/A , im so worried..

inlandPRfeb17

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Hi,
How long does it take for background check to be in process after you sent out your Police certificat and Schedule A ? I sent them out 2-3 weeks ago but background check is always N/A , im so worried..
I noticed it went in process couple weeks after the medical results were received. so medical status changed to 'Passed' and background checks changed to in process.

buddied94

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-08-2017
Doc's Request.
03-10-2017
AOR Received.
03-10-2017
Med's Request
20-03-2018
Med's Done....
26-03-2018
Interview........
23-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-07-2018
i received AOR today :) submitting Schedule A Background check today, they already have my Police Certificates.

honeymin

Oct 3, 2017
hi everyone,

My inland PR with OWP( sent in one application) application status

AOR received - Aug 28, 2017
Linked online-Aug 29, 2017
Schedule A and PCC request - Aug 29, 2017

I havent heard anything about my OWP. Should I be worried? Are the two applications(PR and OWP) linked separately bcoz I only have linked my PR? Nothing about OWP.

Thanks in advance.

BertlCamus

Star Member
Sep 26, 2017
hi everyone,

My inland PR with OWP( sent in one application) application status

AOR received - Aug 28, 2017
Linked online-Aug 29, 2017
Schedule A and PCC request - Aug 29, 2017

I havent heard anything about my OWP. Should I be worried? Are the two applications(PR and OWP) linked separately bcoz I only have linked my PR? Nothing about OWP.

Thanks in advance.
Yes, they are linked separately. I received my AOR a week or so after you and also haven't heard about OWP, but was able to link it. It says the application for OWP is being processed. One thing I noted is that in my linked application for OWP it states that it was received a week before I even sent it in.

BertlCamus

Star Member
Sep 26, 2017
Yes, they are linked separately. I received my AOR a week or so after you and also haven't heard about OWP, but was able to link it. It says the application for OWP is being processed. One thing I noted is that in my linked application for OWP it states that it was received a week before I even sent it in.
Hit "post" to soon...I just made a decision to trust that CIC knows what they are doing and not fret over any little detail...it also says on my linked account that I submitted my OWP online which is also not true (submitted as one package with PR)

honeymin

Oct 3, 2017
Hit "post" to soon...I just made a decision to trust that CIC knows what they are doing and not fret over any little detail...it also says on my linked account that I submitted my OWP online which is also not true (submitted as one package with PR)
Hi BertlCamus,

Thanks for your reply.
Just wanted to know how did you link your OWP application?
Can we link the OWP with the one file number we received on the AOR?

BertlCamus

Star Member
Sep 26, 2017
Hi BertlCamus,

Thanks for your reply.
Just wanted to know how did you link your OWP application?
Can we link the OWP with the one file number we received on the AOR?
No, that won't work I think. That file number is specifically for family class PR. I used my UCI and last name for OWP.

Emily89

Star Member
Dec 14, 2016
Hi everyone,

I sent them my Schedule A and Police criminal check back in May and they sent me an email in July saying that they have received the documents. My CIC account still says Background check N/A and Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.

Can someone else with the same timeline please let me know if yours says this also :)
Thanks!

Submitted app February 3 2017
Received AOR March 13 2017
Received 2nd AOR April 4th 2017
Received OWP May 1st 2017
Received request for Schedule A and PCC May 9th (Late due to Glitch)
Received Medical request June 14th 2017
Done Medicals June 24 and July 2nd
Medicals passed July 14th 2017