+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

MDch

Sep 12, 2017
Hello! What a life saver this forum has been. So thankful for everyone's selflessness and willingness to help here. We can all relate! :) it doesn't feel so stressful.

I have a translation question. I'm a Canadian citizen (sponsor) and sponsoring my husband (principal applicant).

My mother is a certified translator in Canada and in the same language we need his birth certificate translated (from Spanish to English). Does anyone know if she can translate and certify my husbands birth certificate?

What I read so far is that the principal applicants family cannot translate nor certify but what about mine, the sponsors family? I didn't see anything on this. Anyone out there know or have a similar situation?

Thanks a million in advance. I'm hoping to apply this week! Have almost everything together now :)

MariaF

Star Member
Oct 15, 2014
Hello! What a life saver this forum has been. So thankful for everyone's selflessness and willingness to help here. We can all relate! :) it doesn't feel so stressful.

I have a translation question. I'm a Canadian citizen (sponsor) and sponsoring my husband (principal applicant).

My mother is a certified translator in Canada and in the same language we need his birth certificate translated (from Spanish to English). Does anyone know if she can translate and certify my husbands birth certificate?

What I read so far is that the principal applicants family cannot translate nor certify but what about mine, the sponsors family? I didn't see anything on this. Anyone out there know or have a similar situation?

Thanks a million in advance. I'm hoping to apply this week! Have almost everything together now :)
I don't know the correct answer to your question but in my opinion, integrity is the topmost quality our applications are assessed on hence I suggest to just get an independent translator It will keep you worry-free too

MDch

Sep 12, 2017
I don't know the correct answer to your question but in my opinion, integrity is the topmost quality our applications are assessed on hence I suggest to just get an independent translator It will keep you worry-free too
Thanks for the advise!

HInland

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
Passport Req..
20-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
LANDED..........
13-10-2016
Hello everyone,

I need some assistance.

i have applied for spousal sponsorship and its my wife who is sponsoring me. I was living in canada with a post graduation work permit with an expiry date of July 17 2017, and i continued to remain in canada under implies status. But unfortunately my dad passed away few weeks ago and i left the country to be with my dad. I currently live in india and i dont have a visa to re-enter canada. Meanwhile, my bridging work permit is under process which would take another 3-4 months time to get processed.

My question is,

- Is there anyway i can get back to canada ?
- Once i update the goverment that left canada for an emergency, will they consider or ask me to re-apply the Sponsorship application from the beginning ??

If anyone could answer these questions, will be a great help for me and for my family.

Awaiting eagerly for your suggestions.

Thanks,
Shwan
Fist of all sorry for your loss.
If you're waiting for a bridging wp that means you applied under the Express Entry right? Bridging is for people with AIP which happens at the beginning of the EE, right after you receive the invitation and submit your application.
Family class applicant usually apply for a Open WP and the AIP comes at the very end of the process.

If you have the AIP I don't see why you cannot apply for a TRV or eTA (depending of what is required for your country) to enter Canada as a tourist, but even if you don't have the AIP I think it still possible for your to request such documment.

linnykez

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Sydney, Australia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06/09/2017
Doc's Request.
15-10-2017
AOR Received.
14-10-2017
File Transfer...
06-11-2017
Med's Request
20-10-2017
Med's Done....
10-11-2017
Interview........
nil
Passport Req..
01-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
23-02-2018
i sent my entire application in one envelope, separated by paper clips. i inserted my owp application in between the order of the document checklist that says "are you sending an owp application with this application?" or something like that.

to everyone else, an update on my app today says background check in process. it's good to see movement
can u explain what the OWP stands for? lol im getting confused with it all

Lashen

Nov 1, 2016
Fist of all sorry for your loss.
If you're waiting for a bridging wp that means you applied under the Express Entry right? Bridging is for people with AIP which happens at the beginning of the EE, right after you receive the invitation and submit your application.
Family class applicant usually apply for a Open WP and the AIP comes at the very end of the process.

If you have the AIP I don't see why you cannot apply for a TRV or eTA (depending of what is required for your country) to enter Canada as a tourist, but even if you don't have the AIP I think it still possible for your to request such documment.
Hello, having the AIP doesn't mean you can get visa to re-enter. The issue with this application is, it's inland spousal application, which has rules that you must be residing with your partner. This person wouldn't have had any problem returning if the application was made outland. You just have to declare dual intent. Now the decision remains with the embassy in India. In most cases they turn applications down. Lets hope that things work out well.

HInland

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
Passport Req..
20-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
LANDED..........
13-10-2016
Hello, having the AIP doesn't mean you can get visa to re-enter. The issue with this application is, it's inland spousal application, which has rules that you must be residing with your partner. This person wouldn't have had any problem returning if the application was made outland. You just have to declare dual intent. Now the decision remains with the embassy in India. In most cases they turn applications down. Lets hope that things work out well.
This is why I said APPLY, he can apply no matter what, but with a AIP and a good excuse "I don't see why you cannot apply for a TRV or eTA". Regarding his application, he do live in Canada, he had to travel outside of the country for a very good reason and now he wants to came back to his wife. With an inland application in progress you are not incarcerate in Canada, you can leave and return if you meet all the requirements for it.

BrittGully

Sep 20, 2017
Application Sent - March 29, 2017
AOR - March 31, 2017
PCC and Schedule A: Received July 18, 2017

now waiting for - 'review of eligibility' to start..... What have the waiting times been for this? As of right now they are not requesting a medical. Do they approve the application to sponsor before requesting medical?

Reactions: polar25

Yulia V

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
upfront/passed
Application Sent - March 29, 2017
AOR - March 31, 2017
PCC and Schedule A: Received July 18, 2017

now waiting for - 'review of eligibility' to start..... What have the waiting times been for this? As of right now they are not requesting a medical. Do they approve the application to sponsor before requesting medical?
I have a pretty similar timeline but I sent medical with my application package. In your case, I think the next step would be your medical request and only after that they will start reviewing your eligibility.

Lashen

Nov 1, 2016
This is why I said APPLY, he can apply no matter what, but with a AIP and a good excuse "I don't see why you cannot apply for a TRV or eTA". Regarding his application, he do live in Canada, he had to travel outside of the country for a very good reason and now he wants to came back to his wife. With an inland application in progress you are not incarcerate in Canada, you can leave and return if you meet all the requirements for it.
Let's hope she makes it back. Other members with experience should please advise.

shmz8

Sep 18, 2017
Hello everyone - I'm sorry if this has been asked before but cannot find it in the thread :(

I am going through the checklist (IMM5533) for the in Canada Family Class application. Under 'supporting documents for sponsored persons (principal applicant and all family members)' section, it is asking for birth certificates for the applicant and all family members whether or not they are accompanying the applicant to Canada.

I am a Canadian citizen (the sponsor) and my husband is the principal applicant (applying for PR under sponsorship). We have no dependents or children and my husband is the only one applying to live in Canada.

Does the question mean he needs to provide birth certificates for his mother, father and siblings? even though they are not moving to Canada? What do they mean by family exactly? Like I mentioned, we have no children or dependents.

Clarification on this would be so much appreciated.

Thank you!
even i want to know this, do we have to provide birth certificates of every person even though they arent moving along. it makes no sense and its really a headache! pls if you got any answer or some confirmation let me know also

Lashen

Nov 1, 2016
even i want to know this, do we have to provide birth certificates of every person even though they arent moving along. it makes no sense and its really a headache! pls if you got any answer or some confirmation let me know also
For spousal application, you must provide birth certificates of your dependents even if they are not accompanying you. Dependent here includes, children you have together, applicant's dependents or sponsor's dependents from previous relationships if any. Remember that if sponsor (Canadian citizen) has children with the applicant or from previous relationships, these dependents might be already Canadian by descent - you just have to attach their canadian birth certificate or proof of citizenship and they don't have to be included in the application (regarding those who reguire permanent resident visas).

The applicant's dependents from previous relationship need to be included in the application and their birth certificates attached. If for any reason any of the applicant's dependents is not moving to Canada, then a letter of explanation will be good, but still include the birth certificate. If you fail to do so, then this dependent can never be sponsored to Canada later on.

In order to clear doubts, it is advisable to include birth certificates of all dependents even if they are not accompanying and explain why they are not accompanying you. This can lead to faster processing of application.

shmz8

Sep 18, 2017
For spousal application, you must provide birth certificates of your dependents even if they are not accompanying you. Dependent here includes, children you have together, applicant's dependents or sponsor's dependents from previous relationships if any. Remember that if sponsor (Canadian citizen) has children with the applicant or from previous relationships, these dependents might be already Canadian by descent - you just have to attach their canadian birth certificate or proof of citizenship and they don't have to be included in the application (regarding those who reguire permanent resident visas).

The applicant's dependents from previous relationship need to be included in the application and their birth certificates attached. If for any reason any of the applicant's dependents is not moving to Canada, then a letter of explanation will be good, but still include the birth certificate. If you fail to do so, then this dependent can never be sponsored to Canada later on.

In order to clear doubts, it is advisable to include birth certificates of all dependents even if they are not accompanying and explain why they are not accompanying you. This can lead to faster processing of application.
thank you for your quick response but in my case i am only applying, my husband and me don't have any kids. my question was do i have to put even birth certificates of my siblings even though they aren't accompanying or moving to canada. basically only i am applying for PR.