Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

SatThak

Star Member
Jan 30, 2016
Visa Office......
Inland
Med's Request
Meds Passed 20-2-16
Hi... I am really impatient so i just went ahead and tried to link before even hearing back from CIC and it worked...
you should also try ... where it says "number of applicants in file" put 2 instead of 1 ... that worked for me :)
I tried it, did not work for me. Our application was received by cic on 4th August but no AOR yet. :(

chinesecanadian87

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
Hi... I am really impatient so i just went ahead and tried to link before even hearing back from CIC and it worked...
you should also try ... where it says "number of applicants in file" put 2 instead of 1 ... that worked for me :)
have you gotten AOR or did you link without it? That's very quick from what I've been seeing

DukeBugTor

Sep 14, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Miss
App. Filed.......
27-06-2017
Doc's Request.
28-07-2017
AOR Received.
28-07-2017
Since June 14th, I have not received any update on my OWP. I don't know what's happening with my application. They are already working on June 28, as in your application. All I want to see now is the same message of fee reconciliation, and then I can be all expectant to receive my OWP in the mail within two weeks. Just pray the start working on my OWP too.
Updates! Updates! Just checked MyCIC, the OWP got approved~~ No PR updates tho.

Reactions: Amsadek4u

Kozyrytka

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
Ontario
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
Doc's Request.
27-07-2017
AOR Received.
25-07-2017
Hello

I just got my work permit in the mail and I wanted to know if I still have to extend my stay in Canada after 6 months pass or the work permit grants me a legal stay in Canada by the time of its expiration date? Thanks

Reactions: Amsadek4u

MDch

Sep 12, 2017
Hello everyone - I'm sorry if this has been asked before but cannot find it in the thread :(

I am going through the checklist (IMM5533) for the in Canada Family Class application. Under 'supporting documents for sponsored persons (principal applicant and all family members)' section, it is asking for birth certificates for the applicant and all family members whether or not they are accompanying the applicant to Canada.

I am a Canadian citizen (the sponsor) and my husband is the principal applicant (applying for PR under sponsorship). We have no dependents or children and my husband is the only one applying to live in Canada.

Does the question mean he needs to provide birth certificates for his mother, father and siblings? even though they are not moving to Canada? What do they mean by family exactly? Like I mentioned, we have no children or dependents.

Clarification on this would be so much appreciated.

Thank you!

G08786

Sep 18, 2017
I tried it, did not work for me. Our application was received by cic on 4th August but no AOR yet. :(
the only thing I can think of is maybe you were missing some documents? ... last time we sent it we got it back after 7 weeks telling us we forgot to attach our notice of assessment :(

Kozyrytka

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
Ontario
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
Doc's Request.
27-07-2017
AOR Received.
25-07-2017
Hello everyone - I'm sorry if this has been asked before but cannot find it in the thread :(

I am going through the checklist (IMM5533) for the in Canada Family Class application. Under 'supporting documents for sponsored persons (principal applicant and all family members)' section, it is asking for birth certificates for the applicant and all family members whether or not they are accompanying the applicant to Canada.

I am a Canadian citizen (the sponsor) and my husband is the principal applicant (applying for PR under sponsorship). We have no dependents or children and my husband is the only one applying to live in Canada.

Does the question mean he needs to provide birth certificates for his mother, father and siblings? even though they are not moving to Canada? What do they mean by family exactly? Like I mentioned, we have no children or dependents.

Thank you!
I think in your case it's only the primary applicant who has to provide the birth certificate.

Reactions: MDch

SatThak

Star Member
Jan 30, 2016
Visa Office......
Inland
Med's Request
Meds Passed 20-2-16
the only thing I can think of is maybe you were missing some documents? ... last time we sent it we got it back after 7 weeks telling us we forgot to attach our notice of assessment :(
I called the customer care number and was told that they were processing applications from last week of July.

Amsadek4u

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Doc's Request.
15-07-2017
AOR Received.
13-07-2017
Hello

I just got my work permit in the mail and I wanted to know if I still have to extend my stay in Canada after 6 months pass or the work permit grants me a legal stay in Canada by the time of its expiration date? Thanks
You are granted a legal stay for the duration on your OWP. So, no need of extending any stay.

Reactions: Kozyrytka

Lashen

Nov 1, 2016
i linked without the AOR...

Thank you!
Your husband needs to provide only his birth certificate if he has no children of his own (if he has and the children are not coming, he must still provide their birth certificate). Also your husband must include copy of all pages of his passport. You as a Canadian (sponsor) should provide either copy of your Canadian citizenship certificate/card or copy of passport pages (including the bio page).

Wish you all the best in your application.

Reactions: MDch

Lashen

Nov 1, 2016
You are granted a legal stay for the duration on your OWP. So, no need of extending any stay.
You can apply for TRV if you plan to travel outside Canada for short visits or emergencies. Otherwise, as Amsadek4u said, you are done for the meantime. And just wait fr your pr application to be processed.

Reactions: Kozyrytka

MDch

Sep 12, 2017
Your husband needs to provide only his birth certificate if he has no children of his own (if he has and the children are not coming, he must still provide their birth certificate). Also your husband must include copy of all pages of his passport. You as a Canadian (sponsor) should provide either copy of your Canadian citizenship certificate/card or copy of passport pages (including the bio page).

Wish you all the best in your application.
Thank you so much! Very helpful answers