+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Iahbianca

Jun 16, 2017
Hey everyone, I got an email from CIC asking me to link my application but it's not working! I remember a while back someone was having the same issue and managed to fix it by using capitals or leaving a blank after a number or something. Does anyone remember this thread and can provide a link or know what I should do? Thank you!

Hi when did they recieve your inland app thank you

loubegga

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
Hey everyone, I got an email from CIC asking me to link my application but it's not working! I remember a while back someone was having the same issue and managed to fix it by using capitals or leaving a blank after a number or something. Does anyone remember this thread and can provide a link or know what I should do? Thank you!
Hi. What date was your application receieved please?

northheart

Aug 7, 2017
I am filling out application for the open work permit and it says to include Certificat d'acceptation du Quebec if you will be working in Quebec. Is this true for the Open Work permit? Anyone from Quebec in this situation?

petkraken

Sep 13, 2017
I am filling out application for the open work permit and it says to include Certificat d'acceptation du Quebec if you will be working in Quebec. Is this true for the Open Work permit? Anyone from Quebec in this situation?
I'm not in your situation so take all this with a grain of salt BUT when I looked up something similar (about the Labour Market Impact Assessment) I found this on the official site:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=171&top=17

It states:

"If you are exempt from the LMIA process, you are also exempt from the CAQ requirement."

Reactions: Ylajali

JessL

Jul 4, 2017
Hi everyone, I just link ed my application to my account finally.
I have some questions for police certificate.
I have stayed in Canada for more than 6 months now ( not continuously though). Do I need to provide a police cert from Canada?
Do I also need to provide a police cert for my husband? He's a citizen but he just returned so he actually spends most of his time in another country.

Thanks sooo much.

Kozyrytka

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
Ontario
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
Doc's Request.
27-07-2017
AOR Received.
25-07-2017
Hi everyone, I just link ed my application to my account finally.
I have some questions for police certificate.
I have stayed in Canada for more than 6 months now ( not continuously though). Do I need to provide a police cert from Canada?
Do I also need to provide a police cert for my husband? He's a citizen but he just returned so he actually spends most of his time in another country.

Thanks sooo much.
Did you get a request letter for a police certificate? If yes just do as it says. I had the same situation as you I've never stayed in Canada continuously for 6 months but in total yes. My request letter instructed me to provide PC for the countries where I've spent most of my adulthood life or where I stayed continuously for 6 months. I tried to get a Canadian PC (in Ontario) but I do not own a Canadian ID so I couldn't get it. I was also told that I'd need to provide a request letter from the IRCC saying that they are requesting a Canadian PC from me. The request letter I had gotten was shown to the police officer and I was told that it does not say/apply that I need a Canadian pc at the moment so they rejected my request at the police station. Also if they need more police certificates they will let you know. We will see how it's going to turn out.

naturalG

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
01-09-2017
AOR Received.
30-10-2017
My opinion is that you should have included a work permit application with your status when sending your sponsorship application to CPC-M. You can still send it to Vegraville(CPC-V) with some sort of evidence that you sent a sponsorship application as an attachment. The OWP is not valid for travel so you should apply online to extend your temporary resident visa. New application checklist of June 2017 asks for proof of valid status or evidence of obtaining one and if out of status, a separate explanation. So to answer your question, go online and apply for a visa if you intend to travel out of Canada before processing your application is complete.
Thank you for your answer.
I am a little bit confused, I have sent my OPW application in the same enveloppe as my PR application, 21 days before my visa expires.
What does that mean for me? Someone said I won't be eligible for the OPW because they will most likely open my file after my visa expires on September 21st.

Reactions: Amsadek4u

naturalG

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
01-09-2017
AOR Received.
30-10-2017
If your visa's status is expiring in few days, then you should have applied to renew before submitting your application. If your status expires before your file is opened, then you cannot apply for work permit till you get AIP. I'm not quite sure about the process. Maybe someone here can clarify.
Also if you couldn't submit a page in your passport containing a stamp, you can submit it online after you receive your AOR with application number. In that way, you can rest assured that your document wouldn't get lost.
I am not sure I understand.
I sent both application (PR + OPW) together 21 days before the visa expires, do you think I am gonna have issue getting my OPW?
I was always looking at the TIMELINE https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Yn3BFzI4q4xAy4EW3pG4CgQz9o3EzF5b18_tcSJwBhA/edit#gid=130501564
and somehow I didn't realise it takes over a month... now I am stressing out, obviously.
Is there anything I can do?

Aries69

Oct 24, 2015
Guys, help out here

For form 5406 CIC guide says

Write the personal details for:

• Yourself (the person being sponsored),
    • If you are married and you were physically present at the marriage, write “married – physically present” in the marital status box
    • If you are married and you were not physically present at the marriage, write “married – not physically present” in the marital status box. Note that we do not recognize marriages by proxy.
  • your spouse or common-law partner, (if this applies to you)
    • If you are married and your spouse was physically present at the marriage, write “married – physically present” in the marital status box
    • If you are married and yourspouse wasn’t physically present at the marriage, write “married – not physically present” in the marital status box. Note that we do not recognize marriages by proxy.
Now the situatiom is we both are married and physically preaent. But in PDF row there is not enough space to write these words.
????? WHAT SHOULD I have to write?

Kozyrytka

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
Ontario
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
Doc's Request.
27-07-2017
AOR Received.
25-07-2017
Guys, help out here

For form 5406 CIC guide says

Write the personal details for:

• Yourself (the person being sponsored),
    • If you are married and you were physically present at the marriage, write “married – physically present” in the marital status box
    • If you are married and you were not physically present at the marriage, write “married – not physically present” in the marital status box. Note that we do not recognize marriages by proxy.
  • your spouse or common-law partner, (if this applies to you)
    • If you are married and your spouse was physically present at the marriage, write “married – physically present” in the marital status box
    • If you are married and yourspouse wasn’t physically present at the marriage, write “married – not physically present” in the marital status box. Note that we do not recognize marriages by proxy.
Now the situatiom is we both are married and physically preaent. But in PDF row there is not enough space to write these words.
????? WHAT SHOULD I have to write?

Shorten it to just married-present.

Reactions: Aries69

Amsadek4u

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Doc's Request.
15-07-2017
AOR Received.
13-07-2017
Thank you for your answer.
I am a little bit confused, I have sent my OPW application in the same enveloppe as my PR application, 21 days before my visa expires.
What does that mean for me? Someone said I won't be eligible for the OPW because they will most likely open my file after my visa expires on September 21st.
You are going to be on implied status since you submitted your OWP, with your sponsorship application, either your visa expires or not. There is nothing to worry about.

Jiro

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28-03-2017
Doc's Request.
17-04-2017
AOR Received.
11-04-2017
Med's Request
26-01-2018
Med's Done....
06-03-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2018
Just checking in.

Absolutely no update since they sent a confirmation that our PCC and Schedule A was received. That was back in late May. Nearly 4 months without a peep out of IRCC which seems to be the norm.

The first month drove us crazy. But since spouse has an OWP in-hand, we are focusing on settling and not getting too hung-up on the process. Although here in Ontario, they don't hand out OHIP unless AIP is approved so it is causing some consternation by having to pay medical bills out of pocket.

polar25

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Just checking in.

Absolutely no update since they sent a confirmation that our PCC and Schedule A was received. That was back in late May. Nearly 4 months without a peep out of IRCC which seems to be the norm.

The first month drove us crazy. But since spouse has an OWP in-hand, we are focusing on settling and not getting too hung-up on the process. Although here in Ontario, they don't hand out OHIP unless AIP is approved so it is causing some consternation by having to pay medical bills out of pocket.
i think you can get OHIP by giving them the employment letter together with your SIN and work permit.

Kozyrytka

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
Ontario
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
Doc's Request.
27-07-2017
AOR Received.
25-07-2017
i think you can get OHIP by giving them the employment letter together with your SIN and work permit.

In Ontario you need to have a work permit and work for 6 months and then you can get OHIP or get AIP and be in Canada for at least 155ish days continuously.