Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

jriddycuz

Aug 4, 2017
Québec City, QC
Category........
FAM
AOR Received.
03-08-2017
Just received AOR for my spouse yesterday...application was received on June 30th 2017. Having trouble as well linking application. Used my 5 tries yesterday and will try again today.
Same with me, just received AOR yesterday (3 Aug). The advice to leave town of birth blank doesn't work because it appears they've added a validator to disallow that. (Original advice was found here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/spousal-sponsorship-in-land-applications-2017-timeline-and-updates.468962/page-104) I'm worried it's a mistake or a misspelling of that that's preventing me from joining. I'm unable to get through to CIC agents on the phone to see if there's anything that can be done to correct this issue.

For the record, my town of birth name has two words and is sometimes spelled different ways, although I made sure to spell it the same way every time on my application: same as it was on my birth certificate.

If anybody finds an update on this issue, I'd appreciate knowing.

proud_quebecois

Jul 24, 2017
Just received AOR for my spouse yesterday...application was received on June 30th 2017. Having trouble as well linking application. Used my 5 tries yesterday and will try again today.
It happened to me too. But it worked for me after I tried to fill only passport part, left Place of birth blank. Number of applicants: 2 if you dont have children.

proud_quebecois

Jul 24, 2017
Hello,

Is there anyone trying to travel outside Canada while the sponsorship application is on processing?
I have open work permit, and it seems ok to travel but they always say that it is not recommended to travel.
Any idea?

jriddycuz

Aug 4, 2017
Québec City, QC
Category........
FAM
AOR Received.
03-08-2017
It happened to me too. But it worked for me after I tried to fill only passport part, left Place of birth blank. Number of applicants: 2 if you dont have children.
How were you able to leave place of birth blank? When did you link the applications? Do you happen to know what browser you used? There's a post earlier in this thread that seemed to indicate they had changed the form to require town of birth, and that validation seems to happen client side, so I'm curious if there's a way around it.

fiojohn

Dec 17, 2016
hi guys,
Anyone from Perudoing Inland sponsorship? just wondering what exactly does CIC want about this:
Police Certificates "You can apply for Police, Judicial and Penal certificate by contacting the issuing authorities (listed in the Special notes and considerations) or by contacting your nearest Peruvian embassy or consulate. Alternatively, family members or friends residing in Peru may request the required certificates on your behalf. Depending on the type of document, either a simple written consent or a power of attorney could be required (contact the issuing authorities for more details)".
Is that mean CIC want all 3, Police, Judicial and Penal Certificates? or one of them only, whichever possible???
Please help!!!

idoit

Star Member
Jan 15, 2011
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-05-2013
Doc's Request.
Included
IELTS Request
27-04-2013
LANDED..........
27-08-2009
So, my medical shows passed now (CIC asked me to do it mid July 2017)
Now, I'm wondering when can I expect to get permanent residency? They got my application on March 3, 2017.

Last edited:

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
hi to all! i haven't been visiting lately but i just wanted to update you on my OWP application. I'm a Feb 10 2017 applicant.
AOR Mar 14 2017
OWP Apr 21 2017 (with condition: cannot work in health service fields, because of the absence of medicals)
Medical Exam taken on May 10 2017
applied online for 2nd OWP to remove conditions on May 27 2017
2nd OWP approved today, Aug 4 2017 with same expiry date as first one.

You can check out the rest of my app details below.

Schmetterling6

Jun 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Miss
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
AOR Received.
02-08-2017
How were you able to leave place of birth blank? When did you link the applications? Do you happen to know what browser you used? There's a post earlier in this thread that seemed to indicate they had changed the form to require town of birth, and that validation seems to happen client side, so I'm curious if there's a way around it.
It doesn"t work for me either. I've been trying since 2 days now. If anyone finds out how it works, please let us know!!!! Thanks!
Also just putting a space into Place of birth doesn"t work anymore.

Did you guys put a space after "s" for number of people or not?
Thanks!

proud_quebecois

Jul 24, 2017
just last month. they require either place of birth or passport info to link. give it a try.

Aug 5, 2017
Hello,

I received my work permit last week, the document starts with a letter U and is valid for 2 years.
But today one week after, my cic account has been updated and I received a second document, there is no document name on it, it starts with a J + 9 letters and is valid 5 years.

Does anyone know what is it ? I apply for the spousal sponsorship 4 months ago and it hasn't been approved yet

Thank you

Reactions: Amsadek4u

Vandave

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
Tsawassen, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
That's odd, I guess it's different for everyone. I am really puzzled about why they make everything so difficult, finding an application should be a no-brainer.

I've also read online to try to fill all information and leave the town of birth blank (only press space once in that field), but it did not work for me. Hope you'll be able to link it soon.
thanks. At least some bugs had been fixed from previous mistakes.
Just called CIC, they said it is not end of the world.
Just keep trying though.

Christie1020

Feb 15, 2017
Hey Everyone
I've been trying for ages to link my application and I finally did it!!!!! THIS IS HOW

(1) Go to this below listed link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp
(2) Click on continue to Gckey
(3) If You've already account created, login with your Username and Password otherwise Click on Sign up to go on next page and create your username, password and security questions.
(4) After creating my CIC account, click link application to this account.
(5) Then select category and subcategory that you applied for.
(6) Then select Application Number and Family name
(7) Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth as per Passport or Application form. PUT YOUR FAMILY NAME IS THIS FORMAT - Smith (ensuring the first letter is capitalized) THEN PUSH SPACE BAR ONCE. Then fill in Application number and AGAIN PUSH SPACE BAR ONCE.
(8.) Next in applicant personal info panel fill CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH, DO NOT FILL IN ANY PASSPORT INFORMATION. AGAIN WRITE ON THE SAME FORMAT (CAPITALISED FIRST LETTER OF YOUR CITY) AND PUT A SPACE AFTERWARDS
(9) Select Province and town you intend to live in (as on your IMM0008) and select current marital Status.
(10) Finally select 2 as the number of family members AND AGAIN ADD A SPACE AT THE END.
(11) Once you fill all information, Click on Search for my application
(12) Your application will be found and can be linked.
(13) You can get real time updates on your paper application online.

GOOD LUCK LINKING!!

Vandave

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
Tsawassen, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
Hey Everyone
I've been trying for ages to link my application and I finally did it!!!!! THIS IS HOW

(1) Go to this below listed link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp
(2) Click on continue to Gckey
(3) If You've already account created, login with your Username and Password otherwise Click on Sign up to go on next page and create your username, password and security questions.
(4) After creating my CIC account, click link application to this account.
(5) Then select category and subcategory that you applied for.
(6) Then select Application Number and Family name
(7) Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth as per Passport or Application form. PUT YOUR FAMILY NAME IS THIS FORMAT - Smith (ensuring the first letter is capitalized) THEN PUSH SPACE BAR ONCE. Then fill in Application number and AGAIN PUSH SPACE BAR ONCE.
(8.) Next in applicant personal info panel fill CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH, DO NOT FILL IN ANY PASSPORT INFORMATION. AGAIN WRITE ON THE SAME FORMAT (CAPITALISED FIRST LETTER OF YOUR CITY) AND PUT A SPACE AFTERWARDS
(9) Select Province and town you intend to live in (as on your IMM0008) and select current marital Status.
(10) Finally select 2 as the number of family members AND AGAIN ADD A SPACE AT THE END.
(11) Once you fill all information, Click on Search for my application
(12) Your application will be found and can be linked.
(13) You can get real time updates on your paper application online.

GOOD LUCK LINKING!!
Thanks for sharing the precious experiences.

I just tried exactly as you described, but still failed.
Waiting for technical dept. to get back to us.

The only difference I input is the family members: 3 instead of 2 because my wife has a accompanying child.
Also, I tried no information of passport with and without a push of space bar.

Dimstereo

Jun 3, 2017
Victoria
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal (Inland)
App. Filed.......
30-01-2017
Doc's Request.
04-03-2017
AOR Received.
01-03-2017
Med's Request
22-06-2017
Med's Done....
04-07-2017
Interview........
12-19-2017
Thanks for sharing the precious experiences.

I just tried exactly as you described, but still failed.
Waiting for technical dept. to get back to us.

The only difference I input is the family members: 3 instead of 2 because my wife has a accompanying child.
Also, I tried no information of passport with and without a push of space bar.
This worked for me a few months ago, I found it on one of the forums here: It took almost a week after receiving the email to link the account until it worked for me. Hope it helps.

1. Logged in with GC Key account.
2. Permanent Residence > Family Class (Spouses)
2. Application Number and Family Name - Copy/pasted application number from email (including the F) and entered PA's last name.
3. City of Birth - I entered 1 space (hit spacebar once)
4. Country of Birth - Selected PA's country of birth
5. Passport Info - Did not enter any passport info
6. Other Application Info - Filled out the other application info as per our application and put '2' as the number of members in the application. I am sponsoring my husband, no dependents.