Vandave

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
Tsawassen, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
BTW, her application received on June 28, AOR yesterday.

We have not got any moment to relax, then new problem on linking application online.

Any link regarding this subject? Thanks.

bb4557

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Update on my timeline:

- 6th June : application received by CIC (submitted along with medical)
- 6th July : got the confirmation with UCI and app #.
- 8th July : uploaded Schedule A and PCC (we had PCC on hand). It was tricky to link application, had to leave passport info blank and use UCI and surname.
- 21st July : Received email from CIC that OWP fee paid was less than required ($100), they deducted the amount from Right to perm residency fee
- 27th July : Received email that there is an update, checked on CIC account and found that OWP has been approved.

What sucks is that my wife is sitting in her home country at the moment, (left toronto 10 days ago). And the plans are to come back in October.

Any advice on this? Should she come back asap? She is on maternity leave till end of September from her employer in Poland, and is planning to continue work here for the same company.

Thanks
Further update. OWP received in mail today. Was issued on the 26th of July. So OWP took only a month and 20 days to go through from the start of application. I really am fearing if we will get the approval for sponsorship and interview and landing too soon.. Ideally October or after would be great.

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
My wife just received AOR yesterday, it request to link application within 7 days.
I tried at 0:30 but failed (no matching application found).
Anyone can help on it? 99% sure all inform I input are correct.
Maybe due to server or any other technical issues?
Going to try again tomorrow. Thanks in advance.
You should be able to link right away. As long as you follow the linking instructions i.e DO NOT put in any passport information. Link using UCI or Application Number and Family name, leave passport information blank, and put City and Country of Birth. Then it should work. Also make sure to put '2' in the number of people on the application (if just you and wife).

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Update on landing interview:
It was fast and straightforward. We were the only couple there and only took 10 mins.
First the officer asked for $490 payment confirmation, passport and sponsor's ID.
Then she asked if i ever charged or convicted of a crime in any country, refused admission to canada or required to leave canada, and if i have any dependants.
Signed some papers, stamp on passport, and done.
Congratulations!! And thank you for sharing your experience. We all hope to be there some day.
Just wondering, if you had a still valid TRV on your passport and/or a valid study or work permit, did they void it or stamp on it or anything?

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Hello guys, so I just got my husband's AOR/ ( I KNOW I MENTIONED IT SO MANY TIMES LOL!) Anyway it says on the email that I can only link it after 7days I received the email. Is it right? and if so can both link app? like his OWP and PR? thank you all
I think you misread, you have to link it within 7 days, not after 7 days. To link, fill in your UCI or App No and Family name, do not fill in or use the passport information, leave that blank. Put in your city and country of birth. Then for number of people, put in 2 (if just you and your spouse), add 1 for each dependent. That should work!
OWP you can't link right away I believe because they forward it to another office. Try linking OWP 6-7 days after.

ayien05

Star Member
Feb 19, 2017
LONDON ONTARIO CANADA
I think you misread, you have to link it within 7 days, not after 7 days. To link, fill in your UCI or App No and Family name, do not fill in or use the passport information, leave that blank. Put in your city and country of birth. Then for number of people, put in 2 (if just you and your spouse), add 1 for each dependent. That should work!
OWP you can't link right away I believe because they forward it to another office. Try linking OWP 6-7 days after.

I was about to ask question about OWP cuz when I check online the only visible application I can see is the permanently residence app. But is the AOR only jus for PR? Or OWP as well?

Ylajali

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
App. Filed.......
2017-04-11
AOR Received.
2017-05-04
Med's Request
2017-11-15
I was about to ask question about OWP cuz when I check online the only visible application I can see is the permanently residence app. But is the AOR only jus for PR? Or OWP as well?
The AOR is only for PR, you won't receive anything for the OWP, and it takes more time before you'll be able to link the OWP application... try again in one or two weeks...

Reactions: ayien05

ayien05

Star Member
Feb 19, 2017
LONDON ONTARIO CANADA
You should be able to link right away. As long as you follow the linking instructions i.e DO NOT put in any passport information. Link using UCI or Application Number and Family name, leave passport information blank, and put City and Country of Birth. Then it should work. Also make sure to put '2' in the number of people on the application (if just you and wife).

I did all what you said here, except I put "3" in the number of people in application. but I cant seem to link my application! :( I tried 3x already and I know i can only do it 5x please someone help me..! thank you

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
But will I also get AOR for owp? if they have it on their end? or if it is on processing?
No, you won't get any AOR for OWP. The AOR for PR app says they've started processing your app, which means they got it and they've forwarded OWP to the correct office to handle it. Once it gets to that office, they put it into their system, after which you can link it. There is no notification, you just have to keep trying and find out. Like Ylajali said, 1-2 weeks, but I know people who were able to link it within a week or so after AOR.

Minky.J

Jun 22, 2017
There was no emails or messages for my OWP, I just received it in the mail.
I didn't really think I'd have to link my OWP since I already had the paper, but I did it last night anyways just to see, it just shows my OWP is vaild til what it says on my OWP paper and my ETA issued along with it.

ayien05

Star Member
Feb 19, 2017
LONDON ONTARIO CANADA
There was no emails or messages for my OWP, I just received it in the mail.
I didn't really think I'd have to link my OWP since I already had the paper, but I did it last night anyways just to see, it just shows my OWP is vaild til what it says on my OWP paper and my ETA issued along with it.

After your AOR how long did you have to wait for your OWP? Or like having a confirmation that they have it on file?

ayien05

Star Member
Feb 19, 2017
LONDON ONTARIO CANADA
No, you won't get any AOR for OWP. The AOR for PR app says they've started processing your app, which means they got it and they've forwarded OWP to the correct office to handle it. Once it gets to that office, they put it into their system, after which you can link it. There is no notification, you just have to keep trying and find out. Like Ylajali said, 1-2 weeks, but I know people who were able to link it within a week or so after AOR.

Oh okay!! Thank you. Can you help me to link my app? Im really having hard time doing it! I put the right infos yet kept on prompting that no file found.