+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

egee00

Oct 20, 2012
App. Filed.......
17-07-2017
Anybody noticed the spreadsheet entry where the applicant had their application received by July 21, 2017 and his aor is the next day, July 22, 2017. Is that typo or what? I submitted ours last week so seeing that made my heart jump :D

Reactions: bajanqueen

NinaM

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
i would request senior members to comment on my sitauation. I stated my now wife as a childhood friend to bring her over to Canada after marriage. She is already here and we are now planning to file for her sponsorship application. We got married two months after she got her visa in our home country. At the time of our entry to Canada, we were asked by the CBSA offcer that why didn't i mention in the invitation letter that she was more than a friend? I told that we were not dating or engaged at that time (which is true as this being an arranged marriage), he allowed us entry with a time limit for which I have already applied for extension. I went to a immigration lawyer and hes asking us to put the actual events as they've happened in our story rather than what I've already stated to the CBSA officer and on the invitation letter. I met my wife in my home country and liked her, we did not get engaged that time as we still needed more time; I came back to Canada and applied for her visitor visa stating her to be a childhood friend (what other relation should I've written she wasn't a fiance or a girlfriend) she never came to Canada alone and we came together after our marriage. Now what should I write in the spousal application where they ask for the details on when and how did the relationship progressed and other details?
SatThak,

IMHO I think you need a lawyer's advice in how to approach this. Someone who has had significant experience in spousals and how to finesse/present a case like yours; maybe even have him do the application for you. Yeah I know it's expensive but a denial would be earth-shattering, so get an expert you trust to help you.

Nina.

NinaM

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
Thank you so much Nina!! We used your advice and the link and applied for PGWP on Monday July 24.

For Spousal and OWP we are still waiting on birth certificate from my husband's country of origin. They put his birthplace wrong in tge first copy so are waiting for it to correct and send to us. This means we will be applying after his study permit expires on July 31. Does anyone see any issues with this? We have applied PGWP this week but in the chance his PGWP is refused, would it be an issue if we apply spouse PR and OWP a few days after his expiry? We are debating whether to:
1. Send the application with his passport, ID card (translated and attested by Embassy here), and his Family Record Form (his country issues one with a list of immediate family members)
2. Wait until we get the birth certificate copy and apply then.
Any input and opinion in this would be greatly appreciated.
If you send the application without his birth certificate, they will simply send it back to you to resubmit. I don't think they even issue you a case file at that point. You're going to have to submit the full set of documents requested, so you might as well wait until you have them all.

Re: the PGWP, it will take 2 months to process, and in the meantime he has implied temp worker status. Best to submit the spousal well within that time period, to take advantage of his implied status... and pray that there are no issues with PGWP being granted!

I'm not sure on this (so please chip in, anyone!): submitting a spousal app does not automatically give him an implied status, it only happens at the point when the sponsor is approved. If the PGWP is not granted for some reason, you'll need to scramble to keep him in status (maybe get a visitor visa?) until he either gets an OWP or the app progresses sufficiently enough for him to have implied status.

Stressful, I know. But somehow it'll all work out.

priyal desai

May 23, 2017
Hello everyone.I received my medical request on June 2 2017 ND applied on 3 rd feb 2017 so does anyone know how long will it take for passport request?

Amsadek4u

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Doc's Request.
15-07-2017
AOR Received.
13-07-2017
Anyone receive AOR July 13th or thereabouts?

Inlandspouse

Star Member
Mar 23, 2017
Hi everyone! It’s my first time posting on the forum but I have been reading for a while now. Thank you so much for all who have been providing assistance/advise. It also helped with waiting as I was reading other peoples’ progress. I just want to give my timeline:

Application received – Dec 18th 2016
AOR - Jan 17th 2017
Medical request - May 10th 2017
Medical done - May 24th 2017
DM on sponsor -July 21st 2017
DM on PA -July 27th 2017
Landing letter -July 27th 2017

No update on CIC, still application (and background check) in progress.
Great news.
I am December 20th 2016. Still no traces of anything from CIC except a letter I received this week asking for additional documents.

Enjoy !!

KandyK

Feb 9, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
O4-04-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
File Transfer...
05/10/2017
Med's Request
19/07/2017
Med's Done....
03/08/2017
LANDED..........
10/19/2017

lakosn

Jul 25, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Hey guys. Do I need to send them an original of my birth certificate or they are good with a copy and notarized translation? I read the document checklist and it doesn't say that they will accept the photocopy...

bajanqueen

Star Member
Jan 26, 2017
Hey guys. Do I need to send them an original of my birth certificate or they are good with a copy and notarized translation? I read the document checklist and it doesn't say that they will accept the photocopy...
Photocopy that is translated and notarized.

Amsadek4u

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Doc's Request.
15-07-2017
AOR Received.
13-07-2017
Hi. I submitted my application on June 13th and on Friday (july 14th), I received AOR. I was able to link my PR application but not the OWP (I followed steps from earlier pages on this discussion but the system wasn't able to find it. Maybe there's another trick?). Or should I give it some time for them to put it on the system
Yea, we have the same timeline. I submitted June 14th, and got AOR on July 13th. Did you receive any information yet on your OWP?

Noslord2003

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-02-2017
AOR Received.
12-03-2017
Med's Done....
June
Interview........
25-01-2018
LANDED..........
25-01-2018
i would request senior members to comment on my sitauation. I stated my now wife as a childhood friend to bring her over to Canada after marriage. She is already here and we are now planning to file for her sponsorship application. We got married two months after she got her visa in our home country. At the time of our entry to Canada, we were asked by the CBSA offcer that why didn't i mention in the invitation letter that she was more than a friend? I told that we were not dating or engaged at that time (which is true as this being an arranged marriage), he allowed us entry with a time limit for which I have already applied for extension. I went to a immigration lawyer and hes asking us to put the actual events as they've happened in our story rather than what I've already stated to the CBSA officer and on the invitation letter. I met my wife in my home country and liked her, we did not get engaged that time as we still needed more time; I came back to Canada and applied for her visitor visa stating her to be a childhood friend (what other relation should I've written she wasn't a fiance or a girlfriend) she never came to Canada alone and we came together after our marriage. Now what should I write in the spousal application where they ask for the details on when and how did the relationship progressed and other details?
This is not complicated, just state the fact the way u have stated here. People fall in love and get married in 2 months. Make sure you write a letter of explanation with your application with a detailed timeline of events and given the fact that it's an arranged marriage it will make more sense, especially if it's common with your culture. Just be truthful to them and state it the way you said it here with every detail to buttress

bb4557

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
This is not complicated, just state the fact the way u have stated here. People fall in love and get married in 2 months. Make sure you write a letter of explanation with your application with a detailed timeline of events and given the fact that it's an arranged marriage it will make more sense, especially if it's common with your culture. Just be truthful to them and state it the way you said it here with every detail to buttress
I second this, no need to get a lawyer. An written explanation will be good enough. An advice about writing these kind of letters, ask someone else to proof read your letter, someone who is not that emotionally invested in your case. They'll be able to tell you if the letter sound angry/jumpy etc. A calm explanation is the best one.

Doktavira

Apr 26, 2017
If you have a place to upload them in the GCkey login page go a head if not use this website

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

And click on tell us more and continue
Right I finally have my call thru today, and they said because the glitch between receiving my app and linked to the website that might miss the email they sent on March 21 asking for Sche A :'( and the timeline was April 21, oh my my almost 3.5 months I didn't even realize it!! So they sent an email now to submit it thru the webform .. How much time have wasted :'(