+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Brittanyyyc

Star Member
Mar 10, 2017
Thanks for reply.

But Question 1 is about personal history, like we declare employment, educational activity, unemployment... When I was a student in France from 2011 to 2014, and I travelled a lot around Europe as well as home country, do I have to traveling activities while being student in personal history?

If your traveling history to those places include just one or two days. You don't need to include it. But if you are staying there for months. You will need to include it.
All I'm saying is. Try not to have any empty timeline on your form. Every month and days of the year must be listed. If not. You might not be able to validate your form

Reactions: proud_quebecois

PILGRIMPARTNER

May 11, 2017
Hi everybody!
My name is Alessandra and I'm going to share my story and timeline.

I'm Italian and my husband has double citizenship (Italian and Canadian). We got married in Italy in December 2014, he returned to Canada one week after to set everything up for my arrival, and I joined him in April on a visitor Visa (actually italy is a Visa exempt country, so I didn't really apply for anything).
In the meantime I got into college and applied for a student visa, which will expire in November 2017.

Now, my program officially ended in May but, for disability related issues, I still have one class to complete. I won't be attending class, I just need to hand my assignments in.

Hubby and I decided it was time to apply for PR, so we submit our application along with OWP and it was received by the office in Mississauga on July 4th.

Haven't heard anything back since.

If anybody sees something strange with my timeline, please let me know!

Good luck to everyone, I hope we can share our frustration and hopes and find a little comfort!
I don't have any advice just wanted to shout out to you as I haven't seen many other Italians being sponsored. I'm sponsoring my husband. We resent our app on Tuesday. Your timeline seems to fit within the normal though!

aledima89

Aug 30, 2014
I don't have any advice just wanted to shout out to you as I haven't seen many other Italians being sponsored. I'm sponsoring my husband. We resent our app on Tuesday. Your timeline seems to fit within the normal though!
I know, we tend to emigrate within Europe as we don't need any kind of papers.. Honestly we thought for a second to move to England, as we would much closer to our families but then Brexit happened so.. I'm getting so frustrated though, waiting is not really my thing!
Plus the fact I cant work doesn't really help! Oh boy.. we'll see!! :)

spouse2016

Jul 27, 2017
Hi everyone! It’s my first time posting on the forum but I have been reading for a while now. Thank you so much for all who have been providing assistance/advise. It also helped with waiting as I was reading other peoples’ progress. I just want to give my timeline:

Application received – Dec 18th 2016
AOR - Jan 17th 2017
Medical request - May 10th 2017
Medical done - May 24th 2017
DM on sponsor -July 21st 2017
DM on PA -July 27th 2017
Landing letter -July 27th 2017

No update on CIC, still application (and background check) in progress.

Jul 27, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I have send out my application and received by cic on June 26 and just received the AOR on July 26, exactly one month time for me to get the AOR.

My question is i didnt sent the open work permit with the application, can i apply online for the open work permit now, cic said you can apply online if you receive AIP (Approve in Principle), I am not sure if AIP is same as AOR in this case? do they still use AIP now?

If AOR can not serve the same purpose as AIP, i will send out the paper application instead.

Someone please help me, thank you!

bb4557

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Update on my timeline:

- 6th June : application received by CIC (submitted along with medical)
- 6th July : got the confirmation with UCI and app #.
- 8th July : uploaded Schedule A and PCC (we had PCC on hand). It was tricky to link application, had to leave passport info blank and use UCI and surname.
- 21st July : Received email from CIC that OWP fee paid was less than required ($100), they deducted the amount from Right to perm residency fee
- 27th July : Received email that there is an update, checked on CIC account and found that OWP has been approved.

What sucks is that my wife is sitting in her home country at the moment, (left toronto 10 days ago). And the plans are to come back in October.

Any advice on this? Should she come back asap? She is on maternity leave till end of September from her employer in Poland, and is planning to continue work here for the same company.

Thanks

Reactions: Amsadek4u

bajanqueen

Star Member
Jan 26, 2017
Hi everyone! It’s my first time posting on the forum but I have been reading for a while now. Thank you so much for all who have been providing assistance/advise. It also helped with waiting as I was reading other peoples’ progress. I just want to give my timeline:

Application received – Dec 18th 2016
AOR - Jan 17th 2017
Medical request - May 10th 2017
Medical done - May 24th 2017
DM on sponsor -July 21st 2017
DM on PA -July 27th 2017
Landing letter -July 27th 2017

No update on CIC, still application (and background check) in progress.

Congratulations. Thank you for posting your timeline.

Reactions: EGH and KandyK

bajanqueen

Star Member
Jan 26, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I have send out my application and received by cic on June 26 and just received the AOR on July 26, exactly one month time for me to get the AOR.

My question is i didnt sent the open work permit with the application, can i apply online for the open work permit now, cic said you can apply online if you receive AIP (Approve in Principle), I am not sure if AIP is same as AOR in this case? do they still use AIP now?

If AOR can not serve the same purpose as AIP, i will send out the paper application instead.

Someone please help me, thank you!
You need to apply for your work permit via Paper application. AOR is just acknowledgement of Receipt. AIP is when you the principle applicant has been approved. You still a while before this happens.

bajanqueen

Star Member
Jan 26, 2017
Update on my timeline:

- 6th June : application received by CIC (submitted along with medical)
- 6th July : got the confirmation with UCI and app #.
- 8th July : uploaded Schedule A and PCC (we had PCC on hand). It was tricky to link application, had to leave passport info blank and use UCI and surname.
- 21st July : Received email from CIC that OWP fee paid was less than required ($100), they deducted the amount from Right to perm residency fee
- 27th July : Received email that there is an update, checked on CIC account and found that OWP has been approved.

What sucks is that my wife is sitting in her home country at the moment, (left toronto 10 days ago). And the plans are to come back in October.

Any advice on this? Should she come back asap? She is on maternity leave till end of September from her employer in Poland, and is planning to continue work here for the same company.

Thanks
As I am understand it, this is an Inland application. She is suppose to be in Canada and not her home country especially for this length of time. Re-entry back into Canada is always the discretion of the officer you meet at the border. It's in the best interest of your family class application she returns to join you as soon as possible.

bb4557

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
As I am understand it, this is an Inland application. She is suppose to be in Canada and not her home country especially for this length of time. Re-entry back into Canada is always the discretion of the officer you meet at the border. It's in the best interest of your family class application she returns to join you as soon as possible.
She was in Canada for 6 months already, I know its not really ideal this way, but I couldn't get her to understand the implications! Any one on the forum went through this? Like stay out of the country for a few months with an inland application.

As for her return, she will be returning with me and our daughter (who is a Canadian citizen).

bajanqueen

Star Member
Jan 26, 2017
She was in Canada for 6 months already, I know its not really ideal this way, but I couldn't get her to understand the implications! Any one on the forum went through this? Like stay out of the country for a few months with an inland application.

As for her return, she will be returning with me and our daughter (who is a Canadian citizen).
My personal feelings is that the return will work out as a positive. But when dealing with serious processes that are a deciding factor on your future. I prefer to follow the rules inland applications are for persons who reside in land Canada. You never know who you will come in contact with at the border and they will be in their right to refuse her entry as they will be able to see your timeline for your application months is totally different to weeks out of the country.
As I said before it is totally up to the border how this is played out. Better to be safe than sorry. You said she is just sitting at home in Poland. why can't she sit at home in Canada? Good luck guys.

bb4557

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
My personal feelings is that the return will work out as a positive. But when dealing with serious processes that are a deciding factor on your future. I prefer to follow the rules inland applications are for persons who reside in land Canada. You never know who you will come in contact with at the border and they will be in their right to refuse her entry as they will be able to see your timeline for your application months is totally different to weeks out of the country.
As I said before it is totally up to the border how this is played out. Better to be safe than sorry. You said she is just sitting at home in Poland. why can't she sit at home in Canada? Good luck guys.
We tried doing an outland, but couldn't really do the forms because my wife was in Canada at that time. Its a sticky thing with the application, when you put your current country as Canada you have to send the application as an inland. Also since we have the lease agreement, hydro bill, supplementary health insurance connecting us to the Toronto address, we were left with little choice to do outland.

Again with Outland, it will be an issue, since she isn't residing in Poland and has given up her apartment, we can't just say that she is in Poland. The reason for her being out of the country is her parents wanting to spend time with the little one. Also I'll be with her for over a month in Poland. Too many reason to list why we did that, if the CBSA officer grills us, we have genuine answers. End of story :)

Reactions: bajanqueen