+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

ayien05

Star Member
Feb 19, 2017
LONDON ONTARIO CANADA
Hi all if you remember me I was the one that the application for my husband got returned because I forgot to include his birth certificate, anyhow I resent our application JUNE27 and received at ircc by JUNE29 confirmed it via canada post.. still waiting for AOR! hopefully it wont get returned again..

Reactions: Brittanyyyc

Schmetterling6

Jun 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Miss
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
AOR Received.
02-08-2017
common abbreviations/lingo used here:

AOR- acknowledgement of receipt
PR- permanent resident
SA- sponsorship approval
AIP- approval in principle
DM- decision made
OWP- open work permit
PA- principal applicant
MP- member of parliament
IME- immigration medical exam
DMP- designated medical practitioner
CSE- case specific enquiry
IRCC- immigration, refugees and citizenship canada
CIC- citizenship and immigration canada
ECAS- electronic client application status
UCI- unique client identifier
GCMS- global case management system
BC- background check // BG- background
COPR- confirmation of permanent residence
ETA- electronic travel authorization
TRV- temporary resident visa
PCC- police clearance certificate? not sure with this one. lol. but i use it anyway

you'll get the hang of it eventually. there are a lot more for sure but these ones are what i use mostly (and what i can remember rn) i didn't know a lot of these when i joined this forum too. :)
Thanks so much! This is AWESOME!!!!!!

HInland

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
Passport Req..
20-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
LANDED..........
13-10-2016
Ok. I now remember I submitted it along with the rest of the forms.. I should not forget this kind of thing, of what I did, I mean ..
I did submit the Schedule A printed with the application, but I guess they need this form in a digital format and this is why they asked again. Monitore mycic and ecas for updates

HInland

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
Passport Req..
20-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
LANDED..........
13-10-2016
Has anyone who submitted their Sched A and PCC in the first half of June (1-15) on their MyCIC Account seen the Background Check in the table go from "Not applicable" to "In Process" yet?
We submitted the PCC on Jun 14 and just TODAY we got the message saying that they have received the document. Mycic still showing "We need additional documents to process your application. Check your messages below for details." on "Review of additional documents" and
Background check still Not applicable.

HInland

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
Passport Req..
20-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
LANDED..........
13-10-2016
Hello Everyone
I received my AOR on june 22, 2017. I haven't received request for PCC or schedule A yet. I called cic 2 days after, I received AOR, they said, they have sent a request for PCC and schedule A. However, my rep. said they is no such request. I saw in the spreadsheet that many people have received PCC request on same day of AOR or next day and even people who have applied after me. I'm concerned now. Does anyone else had same situation?
Thank you
Oh man, this is why I never use a rep, they just exist to take your money and make we do the work that we have to do anyway. Call the guy and teach him how to do his job, CIC is waiting for these documents and sometimes people don't get the request.

Okpalugo2017

Jul 2, 2017
Victoria, BC, Canada
App. Filed.......
22-09-2017
AOR Received.
10-10-2017
Hi Guys,
We are applying under inland application. Filling out our forms.

My husband familys are all back in Africa where can we include them in our application

I need a help to filling out IMM0008 principal applicant form. Question below for

how many family member, including you, are in this application(see instructions guide) ?

my husband and I do not have kids. Can he include his family members like parent and siblings here because the field must not be emply and cant take zero

Thanks

Kjanzen

Jan 19, 2017
Oh man, this is why I never use a rep, they just exist to take your money and make we do the work that we have to do anyway. Call the guy and teach him how to do his job, CIC is waiting for these documents and sometimes people don't get the request.
Its David Cohen's law firm. I called cic again and they said they have requested the documents due to technical error I didn't receive it. I emailed my case manager she hasn't replied yet. I don't have access it link the webform. I'm so frustrated.

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
Its David Cohen's law firm. I called cic again and they said they have requested the documents due to technical error I didn't receive it. I emailed my case manager she hasn't replied yet. I don't have access it link the webform. I'm so frustrated.
are you sure? you can submit it through webform even if you have a rep. it's not like mycic wherein you can't link if you have a rep. submit it asap. you have confirmed it with cic. you don't need to wait on your rep.

go here for the ircc webform

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Hi Guys,
We are applying under inland application. Filling out our forms.

My husband familys are all back in Africa where can we include them in our application

I need a help to filling out IMM0008 principal applicant form. Question below for

how many family member, including you, are in this application(see instructions guide) ?

my husband and I do not have kids. Can he include his family members like parent and siblings here because the field must not be emply and cant take zero

Thanks
As you wrote, "including you", you yourself are at least 1 person, so that would be 1, and then you won't need to put zero in the field, it would be 1 at least.
Also, the definition of a family member for IRCC for this application is "Your spouse/partner, dependent children and their dependent children". Siblings, parents and grandparents do not count as family members on this application, but need to be listed on the family information form.

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
We submitted the PCC on Jun 14 and just TODAY we got the message saying that they have received the document. Mycic still showing "We need additional documents to process your application. Check your messages below for details." on "Review of additional documents" and
Background check still Not applicable.
How did you submit your PCC, through mail or webform or by uploading to your MyCIC account? I uploaded to MyCIC directly the day they sent the request on MyCIC, and the additional documents part changed to "The additional documents you provided have been uploaded" the next day. I'm guessing no more changes will happen. I've seen BGC has changed to In process from N/A for some people but so far all those people I know have been those who submitted by mail or webform, no one who uploaded.

Sigurgeirs10

Oct 6, 2016
did your husband file taxes for 2016 though? because it should be available by now. my NOA was mailed to me and my husband's was available in his online account. i just printed it out.

you should try sending it by mail since i think it's faster. i'm not sure though, i haven't tried sending in docs they didn't request. CSE replies take a month or more.

add your details in the new entry sheet.
Yeah, I filed the 2016 tax. I'll check if its available now.

jnt2017

Apr 26, 2017
Application was sent in on May 31 and we're still waiting too! Based on what I've been seeing it seems like we have at least two more weeks before it comes through, since many people have been getting them within two months of the application date.

hi..is there anyone who got their owp approved who applied may 27 or later? still waiting for my 2nd owp that i requested to have the conditions removed. :(

Reactions: itsats

Okpalugo2017

Jul 2, 2017
Victoria, BC, Canada
App. Filed.......
22-09-2017
AOR Received.
10-10-2017
As you wrote, "including you", you yourself are at least 1 person, so that would be 1, and then you won't need to put zero in the field, it would be 1 at least.
Also, the definition of a family member for IRCC for this application is "Your spouse/partner, dependent children and their dependent children". Siblings, parents and grandparents do not count as family members on this application, but need to be listed on the family information form.
Thanks shazahsan. I got it:)

Okpalugo2017

Jul 2, 2017
Victoria, BC, Canada
App. Filed.......
22-09-2017
AOR Received.
10-10-2017
Quick question shazahsan. I fail to list my step brothers in my first application. Now I'm thinking of including them in the list in this current application . Will that contradict my information IRCC already have and will that affect my application in any way?