+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Well, my background check says "Not applicable" but a 2 days ago, I got an email about Medical Exam request! Are you sure the order is like this:

Background Check (PCC) -----> Medical Exam ?

Because I asked a few pages ago and people were saying that the request for medical doesn't mean the background check is complete!!! ?
I didn't say they would come in order. All processes happen in parallel, the sponsor approval begins as soon as they receive your application, they work on it separately. Similarly, the background check starts after you have send in the PCC and Sched A, and they process it till the end in parallel. The Medical request can come in too, but it doesn't mean the background check has to be completed first. The background check can take months, they start it, and keep processing it till the AIP. The DM is when the background check is complete and is passed, and SA and AIP are done too.
Medical is requested at a sufficient enough time such that it won't expire during the processing time. It's independent of background check starting or ending. But normally, it is seen that medical is requested after the Sched A and PCC have been submitted for a while.

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Well, my background check says "Not applicable" but a 2 days ago, I got an email about Medical Exam request! Are you sure the order is like this:
It seems the Med request is linked to days from when they received your application, as opposed to background check. You got your med request 128 days from your application received. I've seen most people have been getting their med request around 120 days or 4 months after application was received. I guess that's when we can expect ours!

Reactions: Ylajali

yetesfan@gmail.com

Apr 15, 2017
Hi guys, I just went to get my Canadian Police check done as it was requested along with my Schedule A. They informed me that since my 2 year IEC work permit has now expired, I can't apply for a police check as I have no proof of residency/status here. Should I just submit my Irish police check with the schedule A even though it says on their request that I also need one from my current country of residence?
I called IRCC the other day and said " ou don't need a Canadian Police check unless the officer specifically requested for Canada. " Bring other police checks from your home country and elswhere you have lived more than 6 months. Hope it helps!

Reactions: Flutterby1

yetesfan@gmail.com

Apr 15, 2017
Hello guys !

I'm a new applicant :) I've sent my application and received a text message on 26th of June saying " Great news! The IRCC mailroom got your family class sponsorship package. You’ll get a letter or e-mail from IRCC once processing starts." . That's the only information I've gotten so far. I also wanted to share my experience with getting married here. Me and my husband got married on 23rd of May in Ontario and we got our marriage certificate 7 days after ! Thanks to the amazing advice of our wedding officiant. Along with our marriage pack we sent a proof of urgency saying we need it to apply for the sponsorship. It worked :)! Mail came pretty fast (that's up to Canada Post). If anyone wants a sample of our proof urgency I'm happy to help you!

I also wanted to ask what's the estimated waiting time for the IRCC to start processing your application? :) I've read a few posts in here saying they "lost" your application. How long have you guys been waiting till you decided to call them and ask about your application? On Monday it's going to be 2 weeks since they got it in their office but I guess I should give it at lead a month before calling them?

I appreciate any type of advice or information have a great day guys and short waiting times !
Give it a little time and call after 4 weeks. I have received after two weeks.

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
hi..is there anyone who got their owp approved who applied may 27 or later? still waiting for my 2nd owp that i requested to have the conditions removed. :(

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
FOR FUTURE APPLICANTS WHO WISH TO WORK WITH CHILDREN, AGRICULTURE AND HEALTHCARE: DO YOUR UPFRONT MEDICAL EXAM! i can't stress this enough. if you are submitting an owp app with your pr app, you can do an upfront medical exam! it's not really forthright in the cic website but you don't wanna waste time and money waiting for that piece of paper and and find out you are not allowed to work in those areas.

Schmetterling6

Jun 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Miss
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
AOR Received.
02-08-2017
Since I'm a Newbie, I sometimes have troubles with all the abbreviations people use in forums. I've figured out most from either the context or by googling it, but I was wondering if someone could be so kind to tell me if there's a post somewhere where they are explained? Because sometimes google doesn't do the trick...
Thanks a lot!

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
Since I'm a Newbie, I sometimes have troubles with all the abbreviations people use in forums. I've figured out most from either the context or by googling it, but I was wondering if someone could be so kind to tell me if there's a post somewhere where they are explained? Because sometimes google doesn't do the trick...
Thanks a lot!
common abbreviations/lingo used here:

AOR- acknowledgement of receipt
PR- permanent resident
SA- sponsorship approval
AIP- approval in principle
DM- decision made
OWP- open work permit
PA- principal applicant
MP- member of parliament
IME- immigration medical exam
DMP- designated medical practitioner
CSE- case specific enquiry
IRCC- immigration, refugees and citizenship canada
CIC- citizenship and immigration canada
ECAS- electronic client application status
UCI- unique client identifier
GCMS- global case management system
BC- background check // BG- background
COPR- confirmation of permanent residence
ETA- electronic travel authorization
TRV- temporary resident visa
PCC- police clearance certificate? not sure with this one. lol. but i use it anyway

you'll get the hang of it eventually. there are a lot more for sure but these ones are what i use mostly (and what i can remember rn) i didn't know a lot of these when i joined this forum too. :)

Last edited:

Kjanzen

Jan 19, 2017
Hello Everyone
I received my AOR on june 22, 2017. I haven't received request for PCC or schedule A yet. I called cic 2 days after, I received AOR, they said, they have sent a request for PCC and schedule A. However, my rep. said they is no such request. I saw in the spreadsheet that many people have received PCC request on same day of AOR or next day and even people who have applied after me. I'm concerned now. Does anyone else had same situation?
Thank you

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
Hello Everyone
I received my AOR on june 22, 2017. I haven't received request for PCC or schedule A yet. I called cic 2 days after, I received AOR, they said, they have sent a request for PCC and schedule A. However, my rep. said they is no such request. I saw in the spreadsheet that many people have received PCC request on same day of AOR or next day and even people who have applied after me. I'm concerned now. Does anyone else had same situation?
Thank you
submit your pcc and sched a through ircc webform. your rep should know better. he should be aware of the glitches and should've followed up with cic. if cic said they sent the request then they did. do it asap.

Jenni84

Jul 12, 2017
My family and I are in the process of figuring out if/the best way to sponsor my spouse to come to Canada (inbound vs. outbound). My spouse would like to attend flight school in Canada in the immediate future & then apply for his sponsorship/PR from within Canada.

However, he has a DUI from 2011 (reclaimed his license in 2012, so 5yrs have passed and he should be eligible for 'rehabilitation'.) When I look at the application process for sponsorship it appears that we should be able to apply for his rehabilitation along with his sponsorship and PR applications.

But my question is, can we still apply inbound or do we only have the option of applying outbound? If we apply inbound, along with a request for 'rehabilitation', is he likely to be rejected and asked to leave Canada (*Note: He says the DUI doesn't appear on his local record, so when we visited Canada a couple years ago he entered the country without any problems..)

Kjanzen

Jan 19, 2017
submit your pcc and sched a through ircc webform. your rep should know better. he should be aware of the glitches and should've followed up with cic. if cic said they sent the request then they did. do it asap.
Thank you, I will ask. I'm also waiting for my WP, I applied on may 25. I'm on implied status and it's scary. I hope we get it soon.

Last edited:

egee00

Oct 20, 2012
App. Filed.......
17-07-2017
FOR FUTURE APPLICANTS WHO WISH TO WORK WITH CHILDREN, AGRICULTURE AND HEALTHCARE: DO YOUR UPFRONT MEDICAL EXAM! i can't stress this enough. if you are submitting an owp app with your pr app, you can do an upfront medical exam! it's not really forthright in the cic website but you don't wanna waste time and money waiting for that piece of paper and and find out you are not allowed to work in those areas.
hello, i know you are probably fed up with questions but if I am not planning to work with children and healthcare, can I still do my medicals upfront? thank you

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
hello, i know you are probably fed up with questions but if I am not planning to work with children and healthcare, can I still do my medicals upfront? thank you
yes, as long as you submitted an owp application, you don't have to wait for cic to give you a medical request.

this is what they replied when i asked them:
Medical exam form - In-Canada work permit application

If you need to undergo a medical examination before sending your work permit application, you can contact the closest Panel Physician for an upfront medical examination.

A Medical Exam Form (IMM 1017) is not required. Simply advise the doctor that you are applying for a work permit from inside Canada.

Doktavira

Apr 26, 2017
even if you did submit sched a with your app, they still ask for an updated one most of the time so it's normal if you did receive a new request.
I guess its almost 4 months since I got my AOR by this Friday.. If they do, hope will hear it soon...