+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

marrynated

Star Member
Dec 22, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
something is definitely up with cic lately. a lot of apps are being returned for completely crappy reasons and a lot of apps are "lost". not to mention the glitches, the mistakes, the long-awaited responses, the shady agent explanations. i think they're trying to control the applications that are coming in. any thoughts?
Yikes! Should I send a copy of my wife's NOA 2016 (sponsor)?

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
Yikes! Should I send a copy of my wife's NOA 2016 (sponsor)?
if you have it, submit it before they have the chance to return your app. did you have aor already?

marrynated

Star Member
Dec 22, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if you have it, submit it before they have the chance to return your app. did you have aor already?
Oh really? Is it that serious? Should I physically mail it or use CSE?

It just doesn't make sense for them to expect it! When we filed there was no NOA 2016 available... It wasn't even time for it!

Yes, I have AOR. My stats are in my signature below.

P.S. What mail address should I post it too?

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017

It just doesn't make sense for them to expect it! When we filed there was no NOA 2016 available... It wasn't even time for it!

oh wait. you applied march. i applied feb and i didn't have it yet at that time too and they accepted it. lol. sorry to scare you. i'm a klutz, i didn't bother reading your timeline. forgive me!

Last edited:
Reactions: marrynated

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Current status we see on her online account is the following. What I don't understand is the background check - not applicable. Will this change later?
Yes, once you upload your Sched A and PCC, a few weeks later, the background check changes from Not Applicable to Is being processed. I'm waiting for the same thing myself. I uploaded my documents June 12 and I know of a couple of people who uploaded a few days before me, none of ours have changed yet. Before us though, it was changing for people to in progress about 3 weeks after they uploaded. It's been 4 weeks for us now, and it's all still the same. Either due to the backlog that the long weekend always creates, or they slightly changed the process again and will change the status later. Regardless, the next step is to wait for the background check to go to in process, and for a medical request to come in.

Yulia V

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
upfront/passed

Don't stress out. They accepted it, so it should be fine. I'm on the same boat here - I applied on March 13th, and we also used NOA 2015. If they need the 2016 one, I'm sure they will request it.

Reactions: marrynated

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Has anyone who submitted their Sched A and PCC in the first half of June (1-15) on their MyCIC Account seen the Background Check in the table go from "Not applicable" to "In Process" yet?

Ylajali

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
App. Filed.......
2017-04-11
AOR Received.
2017-05-04
Med's Request
2017-11-15
Has anyone who submitted their Sched A and PCC in the first half of June (1-15) on their MyCIC Account seen the Background Check in the table go from "Not applicable" to "In Process" yet?
Ours changed a week ago and we submitted Sched A on June 8th... Now we sent it both by mail and CSE so I don't know which was treated first...

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Ours changed a week ago and we submitted Sched A on June 8th... Now we sent it both by mail and CSE so I don't know which was treated first...
I see, and what does the "Review of additional documents" row in the table say for you? And on the page before that, where it lists all the apps in your account, under the details column, does it say "Your action is required"?

I'm thinking that only people who submit via Mail or Webform/CSE get the background check row changed from N/A to In progress, maybe as their way to tell them their docs were linked to their online account.

Ylajali

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
App. Filed.......
2017-04-11
AOR Received.
2017-05-04
Med's Request
2017-11-15
I see, and what does the "Review of additional documents" row in the table say for you? And on the page before that, where it lists all the apps in your account, under the details column, does it say "Your action is required"?

I'm thinking that only people who submit via Mail or Webform/CSE get the background check row changed from N/A to In progress, maybe as their way to tell them their docs were linked to their online account.
I can't really tell you as I don't have my access to myCIC right now so I can't verify, but from memory it still says that my action in required and that they need additional documents, nothing changed in that regard. I verified with an agent on the phone and apart from Schedule A they weren't requesting anything else, so its seems it just haven't been corrected yet.

Ylajali

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
App. Filed.......
2017-04-11
AOR Received.
2017-05-04
Med's Request
2017-11-15
I saw this in the guidelines.

Once validated, the IMM 1344 and IMM 0008 forms will create a barcode page (see image below). Note: The IMM 5669 (Schedule A) form will not produce a barcode when it is validated.

Place any barcode pages right underneath your checklist when you submit your application.

Really not sure if ill put the two barcide pages underneath the checklist?
You just have to follow the guide, and it does say that you need to put you checklist first, then your barcode pages, and then every other documents in the same order as mentioned on the checklist.

bb4557

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
You just have to follow the guide, and it does say that you need to put you checklist first, then your barcode pages, and then every other documents in the same order as mentioned on the checklist.
Yikes! I didn't do that, I put the barcode pages in order of the page numbers :(

marrynated

Star Member
Dec 22, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Regardless, the next step is to wait for the background check to go to in process, and for a medical request to come in.
Well, my background check says "Not applicable" but a 2 days ago, I got an email about Medical Exam request! Are you sure the order is like this:

Background Check (PCC) -----> Medical Exam ?

Because I asked a few pages ago and people were saying that the request for medical doesn't mean the background check is complete!!! ?

Ylajali

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
App. Filed.......
2017-04-11
AOR Received.
2017-05-04
Med's Request
2017-11-15
Yikes! I didn't do that, I put the barcode pages in order of the page numbers :(
You got your AOR anyway so you shouldn't worry about it... I guess it's just easier to for them to verify your application and make sure you aren't missing anything if you put it the way they ask, but doesn't mean they are returning applications if some documents are not placed in the right order.

Ylajali

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
App. Filed.......
2017-04-11
AOR Received.
2017-05-04
Med's Request
2017-11-15
Well, my background check says "Not applicable" but a 2 days ago, I got an email about Medical Exam request! Are you sure the order is like this:

Background Check (PCC) -----> Medical Exam ?

Because I asked a few pages ago and people were saying that the request for medical doesn't mean the background check is complete!!! ?
I believe medical request is independent from background check, cause background check takes a long time to be completed...