App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
Thanks! I will do it soon as they become available. When I get them printed out, should I send it ASAP or wait until they ask for it? Also, I tried to add myself to the spreadsheet, it won't let me enter anything.
did your husband file taxes for 2016 though? because it should be available by now. my NOA was mailed to me and my husband's was available in his online account. i just printed it out.

you should try sending it by mail since i think it's faster. i'm not sure though, i haven't tried sending in docs they didn't request. CSE replies take a month or more.

add your details in the new entry sheet.

Raffowl92

Nov 29, 2016
BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
21-03-2017
Doc's Request.
04-04-2017
AOR Received.
03-04-2017
Med's Request
06-06-2017
They changed the call centre messages again, so be sure of the numbers you are pressing!
We called today, and got an answer on the first try! Wait time was 35 minutes, but actually answered in 20.. I dare say the phone service may be getting better.

Our online account lists documents still required and your action required, however the agent told us that the documents had been received 3 days ago but no update was sent to us when they received the Sched A and PCC. We also experienced our submitted document details being listed as "replacement overdue" in the "view submitted application" section of the online account, the agent we spoke with had no information on this and said no action was required by us, if a replacement was needed later they would ask for another one.

Keep your eyes open, lots of little errors can occur!

wildmry

Jun 29, 2017
Our application was returned today because the office found it incomplete. According to them, we failed to provide two residential documents out of three sets of options... but we did include a joint rental agreement signed by us and our landlord as well as our shared Videotron (telephone) account showing both of our names. I am really confused why those weren't good enough.

bb4557

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Hello All!

I've been following the post for a while, this is my first post on this thread. Following are our timelines

- 6th June : application received by CIC (submitted along with medical)
- 6th July : got the confirmation with UCI and app #.
- 8th July : uploaded Schedule A and PCC (we had PCC on hand). It was tricky to link application, had to leave passport info blank and use UCI and surname.

I'm the sponsor (husband) and am a Canadian citizen
Applicant : Wife, is a national of Poland, in Canada as a Visitor since Jan 2017
OWP submitted with Sponsorship application

In relationship since Nov 2014, married Apr 2016, baby born Sep 2016 (born in Poland, has Canadian Citizenship).

We submitted our hydro bill that has both our names on the bill, and the lease agreement that also has both our name. Along with this, the document for the supplementary health insurance provided by my employer which list all our names. I hope this is sufficient for them and that they won't return the application.

As for pictures, family pics, outing pics with baby, travel pics from 2014/2015/2016 (different parts of the world).

Previous times when we cohabited was stretches of three months in 2015 and 2016, of me living with her in Poland (while I worked remotely for my employer)

Wife will be leaving for Poland for a visit to her parents for over 2 months, I know this is a risky thing, but explaining this to her is more difficult than teaching an elephant English. I'll be accompanying her when she comes back to Canada.

Comments are welcome :)

Current status we see on her online account is the following. What I don't understand is the background check - not applicable. Will this change later?

Application status: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: Not applicable.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

bb4557

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Our application was returned today because the office found it incomplete. According to them, we failed to provide two residential documents out of three sets of options... but we did include a joint rental agreement signed by us and our landlord as well as our shared Videotron (telephone) account showing both of our names. I am really confused why those weren't good enough.
I think they need a utility bill maybe, like hydro or gas.

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
joint bank account monthly statement would also do. or government IDs showing same address.

Schmetterling6

Jun 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Miss
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
AOR Received.
02-08-2017
I had this experience last month. Me and my wife had to travel to our home country, I am a PR and she was under a Study visa + TRV. We filled one immigration form and I waited in line with her instead of using one of the machines that are there for PRs and Citizens. The officer just asked the usual questions (reason for the trip, are we bringing any goods, food, etc...) and called our attention to my wife's visa expiration in two weeks. We had no real issue, I knew about the visa expiration and I was ready to tell him about the ongoing PR+OWP application, but it was not necessary.

I would NEVER leave the country without a proper visa + (TRV or eTa). Be aware of the differences between IRCC and Border Security, they are two independent agencies and you basically need to satisfy both in order to enter Canada, so have your visas + supporting documents ready in case you really need to leave the country. If the border security don't find you eligible to reenter Canada you will have to go back and your application might be cancelled.

I feel sorry for the delay in your OWP application, but since you passed the 4 months estimation time you can call them and ask what is going on.
Thanks so much for sharing your experience!!!

I would never leave without a status either, that's why there's no way I'd leave before my OWP is through.

Oh, I think you might have mixed things up, I've just filed my app in June, so they haven't even started processing it. I'll be lucky if I get my OWP by October ;-)

Schmetterling6

Jun 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Miss
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
AOR Received.
02-08-2017

Schmetterling6

Jun 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Miss
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
AOR Received.
02-08-2017
Hello guys !

I'm a new applicant :) I've sent my application and received a text message on 26th of June saying " Great news! The IRCC mailroom got your family class sponsorship package. You’ll get a letter or e-mail from IRCC once processing starts." . That's the only information I've gotten so far. I also wanted to share my experience with getting married here. Me and my husband got married on 23rd of May in Ontario and we got our marriage certificate 7 days after ! Thanks to the amazing advice of our wedding officiant. Along with our marriage pack we sent a proof of urgency saying we need it to apply for the sponsorship. It worked :)! Mail came pretty fast (that's up to Canada Post). If anyone wants a sample of our proof urgency I'm happy to help you!

I also wanted to ask what's the estimated waiting time for the IRCC to start processing your application? :) I've read a few posts in here saying they "lost" your application. How long have you guys been waiting till you decided to call them and ask about your application? On Monday it's going to be 2 weeks since they got it in their office but I guess I should give it at lead a month before calling them?

I appreciate any type of advice or information have a great day guys and short waiting times !
Yay! I Also applied on June 26th! Be curious to see if our timelines will differ a lot.
I think some people have already answered your question on how long it takes. So it'll still be some time until we hear anything from IRCC.
Hope everything goes well for you!

Schmetterling6

Jun 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Miss
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
AOR Received.
02-08-2017
I'm also thinking about just sending it out again. But I don't know if they would complicate the matter later.
I'll give it one more week before doing that...
I feel so sorry you guys! I really hope they'll find your apps asap!

marrynated

Star Member
Dec 22, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
did your husband file taxes for 2016 though? because it should be available by now. my NOA was mailed to me and my husband's was available in his online account. i just printed it out.
I am just reading about applications being returned to people because of NOA 2016 !!! We submitted out application on March 1, 2017 and it was before the time for taxing for 2016 (Which was done in April). Should we send NOA 2016 now?!!!

Iahbianca

Jun 16, 2017
Hi . Question po. Im kinda confuse where im going to put the barcode if ill just put it above the required forms or ill put all barcode it in envelop? Thank you

bb4557

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Hi . Question po. Im kinda confuse where im going to put the barcode if ill just put it above the required forms or ill put all barcode it in envelop? Thank you
What barcode are you talking about? Is it the one generated by the forms when you hit validate? If so, then keep the pages in order of page number.

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
something is definitely up with cic lately. a lot of apps are being returned for completely crappy reasons and a lot of apps are "lost". not to mention the glitches, the mistakes, the long-awaited responses, the shady agent explanations. i think they're trying to control the applications that are coming in. any thoughts?

Iahbianca

Jun 16, 2017
What barcode are you talking about? Is it the one generated by the forms when you hit validate? If so, then keep the pages in order of page number.

I saw this in the guidelines.

Once validated, the IMM 1344 and IMM 0008 forms will create a barcode page (see image below). Note: The IMM 5669 (Schedule A) form will not produce a barcode when it is validated.

Place any barcode pages right underneath your checklist when you submit your application.

Really not sure if ill put the two barcide pages underneath the checklist?