+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Minky.J

Jun 22, 2017
they take a while to confirm the receipt of additional docs. people here, like mlabella, received the email saying it was forwarded to the visa office after 3 days. mine took a month. i've read that a lot of people were having trouble validating sched a and i think cic just considered.
Thank you for the reply, itsats.
I don't mind waiting at all, but it's just that there seems to be way more glitches and technical issues than I anticipate and that worries me a bit.
Hope you get your new OWP soon.

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
Thank you for the reply, itsats.
I don't mind waiting at all, but it's just that there seems to be way more glitches and technical issues than I anticipate and that worries me a bit.
Hope you get your new OWP soon.
thanks @Minky.J believe me, i had a rant a few days back in here. hahaha. i don't mind waiting.. i can see my app moving within the time frames and all. i don't really expect major news until the end of the year or around the 12-month mark. but these glitches keep putting your hopes up and taking you into an emotional roller coaster ride is uggghhhh.. frustrating.. but we can't do anything about it..

it just actually makes their workload heavier because a ton of us would call and send in cses. i hope they fix their system. i'm trying to have good vibes on their next "system maintenance" this june 27 and hope no glitches are gonna pop up again.

fiojohn

Dec 17, 2016
HI everyone,
Has anyone make a " table of Contents" page when putting together the forms to send to CIC? Also, anyone has any clear idea of the order how it should be all this paperwork, forms, payment receipts, bar codes, supporting documents, etc. Sorry, but this below is not clear enough for me.
  1. Place a copy of the checklist on top of your complete application package. This will help make sure the application can be processed as quickly as possible when it arrives in our office.
  2. If you’re applying under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada class and the person you are sponsoring is also applying for an open work permit, after the checklist, place:
    • the work permit application form and documents (if applicable) and
    • a separate fee payment receipt for the cost of the work permit application
  3. The order of documents should be as follows:
    • checklist;
    • open work permit application (and supporting documents), if applicable;
    • any barcode pages;
    • supporting documents, in the order they’re listed on the checklist.

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
HI everyone,
Has anyone make a " table of Contents" page when putting together the forms to send to CIC? Also, anyone has any clear idea of the order how it should be all this paperwork, forms, payment receipts, bar codes, supporting documents, etc. Sorry, but this below is not clear enough for me.
  1. Place a copy of the checklist on top of your complete application package. This will help make sure the application can be processed as quickly as possible when it arrives in our office.
  2. If you’re applying under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada class and the person you are sponsoring is also applying for an open work permit, after the checklist, place:
    • the work permit application form and documents (if applicable) and
    • a separate fee payment receipt for the cost of the work permit application
  3. The order of documents should be as follows:
    • checklist;
    • open work permit application (and supporting documents), if applicable;
    • any barcode pages;
    • supporting documents, in the order they’re listed on the checklist.
congrats @mlabella i take it you were able to link your owp online? if not then you don't need to now.:D you can finally get your SIN and start working.. good luck!

@fiojohn, the checklist acts as your "table of contents" it should be the first page (on top) of your application. what you posted is pretty self-explanatory. it basically says checklist first, open work permit next and its supporting docs, followed by the rest of the forms which mostly has barcode pages (check the order from the checklist) and lastly the part B of the app which are supporting docs like birth certs, pictures and such. don't overthink. everything is on the checklist. follow the order of documents written on there. :)

Last edited:

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Is anyone here having problems with validating the June 2017 Schedule A form? The 'for office use only' remains as "no" even though it says it's validated successfully.
So I cleared the form and filled it out all over again. When I clicked the validation, the "validated" box says yes, so I saved the form and thought it finally worked.
However, when I opened the form again for a final check before uploading it with IRCC web form. ( There was a glitch in my CIC like lots of people here, and I never received any messages requesting the required documents.)

Well, I was already worried if I was considered to miss the deadline to submit the documents and didn't want to take any more risk of delay or rejection by not taking action since I was confirmed on the requested documents, so I attached the Schedule A, PCC and screen shots with a letter of explanation on the issue of validating Sch A.

I guess I'll just have to wait and see.
Yes, me and @SarahTaylor had the exact same issue! What I did was that I filled in a new downloaded version of the form, validated it, it said validated successfully, and the box said Yes. Then I just saved it and closed it and uploaded it without opening the file again. Hopefully it'll still say Yes when they view it *fingers crossed* BUT on a serious note, if it's not validated, it does not let you save and it shows red boxes around the errors. The fact that our forms don't have red boxes should be enough for IRCC to know they were validated and don't contain any errors.
I submitted mine online on June 12, so far I've seen most people's background check going from Not Applicable to In Process in 3 weeks and a day after submission. So I guess I'll find out soon if they accepted it or require me to re-upload.

Goldikeji

Star Member
May 12, 2017
Hi, we submitted in may 27th 2017. I am in Canada already my fiance is Canadian. I just got email today from immigrations to link my application to myaccount for faster processing and that they need that to let me know of other documents I need to sendthem. That's one good news.

What do you think?

Noslord2003

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-02-2017
AOR Received.
12-03-2017
Med's Done....
June
Interview........
25-01-2018
LANDED..........
25-01-2018
Just spoke to Cic and the agent confirmed that they used my old medical and that's why my medical says passed.

Reactions: itsats

Goldikeji

Star Member
May 12, 2017
Hi, we submitted in may 27th 2017. I am in Canada already my fiance is Canadian. I just got email today from immigrations to link my application to myaccount for faster processing and that they need that to let me know of other documents I need to sendthem. That's one good news. Also, how do I link my OWP. As I submitted my spousal sponsorship application with my application for OWP?

What do you think?

Brittanyyyc

Star Member
Mar 10, 2017
Hi, we submitted in may 27th 2017. I am in Canada already my fiance is Canadian. I just got email today from immigrations to link my application to myaccount for faster processing and that they need that to let me know of other documents I need to sendthem. That's one good news.

What do you think?

You should get that done as soon as possible. It will help in faster process of your open work permit, schedule A request and other request

Reactions: Goldikeji

Goldikeji

Star Member
May 12, 2017
You should get that done as soon as possible. It will help in faster process of your open work permit, schedule A request and other request
Yeah I will. I just got the email today. I'll link when I get home from work. So when I link it do I get asked to like my OWP as well?