+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

PILGRIMPARTNER

May 11, 2017
Hey Everyone.

So my envelope was sent back beacuse of a missing page (my own fault) I resent it and according to Canada Post was received by CIC on 23 May.

I haven't heard anything. No AOR etc... But my girlfriend (Sponsor) received an email saying she has been approved as a sponsor.

I find this strange as I haven't heard anything regarding the application. Just wondering if this is normal?

Thanks in Advance[/QUOTE
Hey Everyone.

So my envelope was sent back beacuse of a missing page (my own fault) I resent it and according to Canada Post was received by CIC on 23 May.

I haven't heard anything. No AOR etc... But my girlfriend (Sponsor) received an email saying she has been approved as a sponsor.

I find this strange as I haven't heard anything regarding the application. Just wondering if this is normal?

Thanks in Advance
Hey can I just ask you when you received your package back and when you sent it? I have a feeling mine is going to be returned and I'm trying to figure out the timeframe....

PILGRIMPARTNER

May 11, 2017
Hello @profiler ,
my application was been returned because missing documents ( joint utilities documents and important documents showing the same address) my question is , now i have cell phone under my name and my wife has an authorization is this enough to be joint utilities documents and for important documents showing the same address i will apply the joint account bank between me and my wife, and my SIN has the same address, my wife sponsor me
Can I ask whe you sent your app in? I have a feeling mine is going to be returned.

Noslord2003

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-02-2017
AOR Received.
12-03-2017
Med's Done....
June
Interview........
25-01-2018
LANDED..........
25-01-2018
Have you guys done medical less than 1 year ago for another process? This might explain.
I did medical in December 2015 to be precise before coming to Canada, and it was for my study visa when I came to Canada, it even says in my ECAS that medical was received. I don't know what to make of it.

Minky.J

Jun 22, 2017
I would call CIC right away and ask what is going on. Lots of people here had the same issue when requested for the SchA and PCC, Only the call center can tell you exactly what documents they are requesting at this time.
Thank you so much for your advice. I have been reading through this thread and see a lot of people here had the same issue like you said.
It's just a bit shocking to see there are so many people with all kinds of glitch and technical issues.
Anyways, just talked to a real person ( after on hold for 30 minutes! ) at the call center and the requested documents were Schedule A and PCC. She said they would email me a link to a web form so I can inform them my issue caused by a technical difficulty. Then I should be able to upload the documents through my CIC account once they resolve the issue.

I'm still worried if it means I missed the deadline, but I guess there's nothing I can do even if that would be the case.
Will keep you posted once I hear anything from them.

Thank you all again for your advice.

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
You're right, in Ontario you can get the OHIP with a employment letter. We are "working" on find a work for her, but this is really odd, they have give US the OWP, approved the PA, they will eventually approve the sponsor, but the PA still NOT Approved in Principle? Checking the spreadsheet makes it obvious that AIP is actually AFSCYAPR (Approved For Sure Congratulations You Are a Permanent Resident)
having the OWP does not mean they have approved the PA or you are going to have AIP though. you applied april, it's still too early to have aip. they will eventually approve you as sponsor if everything goes well with your app (most likely) but this doesn't happen until near the end of the application. we'll never know though, you might get the SA and AIP soon.

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
I did medical in December 2015 to be precise before coming to Canada, and it was for my study visa when I came to Canada, it even says in my ECAS that medical was received. I don't know what to make of it.
i did the medical for my owp but my pr app reflects medicals passed so yeah, they use your previous medical exam done with a dmp. but you're lucky. your medical is waaay expired. they must've considered to apply it to your pr app.

Reactions: Noslord2003

Noslord2003

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-02-2017
AOR Received.
12-03-2017
Med's Done....
June
Interview........
25-01-2018
LANDED..........
25-01-2018
i did the medical for my owp but my pr app reflects medicals passed so yeah, they use your previous medical exam done with a dmp. but you're lucky. your medical is waaay expired. they must've considered to apply it to your pr app.
I just hope that's the case and that it's not a glitch and that I don't need to submit any other medicals

Emily89

Star Member
Dec 14, 2016
Just a quick question, my cic account is currently showing medical passed and I didn't submit any medical neither have I received the request for medical except for the system glitch that happened like a week or 2 ago. I currently have similar timeline as my app was submitted Feb 13 and received Feb 17. I don't know if your account is showing medical passed or
Hi there,

I have received my medical request but i have not done it yet, I have the appointment booked for this weekend. However! there must be ANOTHER glitch because my cic account says that they are reviewing the results of the medical.... but i haven't even done it yet. so don't worry you should be receiving your request soon :) maybe call them to check whats happening as well, I did that and sometimes it pushes them along a little, doesn't hurt to call :)

Reactions: Noslord2003

Noslord2003

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-02-2017
AOR Received.
12-03-2017
Med's Done....
June
Interview........
25-01-2018
LANDED..........
25-01-2018
Hi there,

I have received my medical request but i have not done it yet, I have the appointment booked for this weekend. However! there must be ANOTHER glitch because my cic account says that they are reviewing the results of the medical.... but i haven't even done it yet. so don't worry you should be receiving your request soon :) maybe call them to check whats happening as well, I did that and sometimes it pushes them along a little, doesn't hurt to call :)
Well I don't know what to think anymore because even my ECAS is showing medical received. But maybe they are using my previous medical. I'll call them on Monday I guess.

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
Hi there,

wow i guess cic is screwing up again. pfffft. seriously. beware of their upcoming update, expect more glitches.

polar25

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Need some help i just received my PCC and i dont know which one is the correct address in sending the mail.

CPC Mississauga
P.O. Box 3000, Station A
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4N6

OR

CPC Mississauga
P.O. Box 6100, Station A
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4H4

Minky.J

Jun 22, 2017
I found some information that might help you, but also it's confusing a bit to me.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/mississauga.asp

RPRF payments or other correspondence:
CPC Mississauga
P.O. Box 6100, Station A
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4H4

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/ottawa.asp#faq

FAQ #5 sounds like original police certificates should be sent to the Ottawa office.

Send original Police Certificates to:

Case Processing Centre – Ottawa
Documents request
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1

However, for the Ottawa office, it says,
"permanent resident visa applications from the United States and Canada, after they have been received and deemed complete by CPC-M or CIO-S."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I remember reading posts from people here asking where they send Schedule A and PCC and the Mississagua one (P.O Box 6100 one) is the address they were advised.
I was hoping if someone knows which address would be the right one for people who might need to send the documents in the future(includine me. haha).

Minky.J

Jun 22, 2017
Is anyone here having problems with validating the June 2017 Schedule A form? The 'for office use only' remains as "no" even though it says it's validated successfully.
So I cleared the form and filled it out all over again. When I clicked the validation, the "validated" box says yes, so I saved the form and thought it finally worked.
However, when I opened the form again for a final check before uploading it with IRCC web form. ( There was a glitch in my CIC like lots of people here, and I never received any messages requesting the required documents.)

Well, I was already worried if I was considered to miss the deadline to submit the documents and didn't want to take any more risk of delay or rejection by not taking action since I was confirmed on the requested documents, so I attached the Schedule A, PCC and screen shots with a letter of explanation on the issue of validating Sch A.

I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
Is anyone here having problems with validating the June 2017 Schedule A form? The 'for office use only' remains as "no" even though it says it's validated successfully.
So I cleared the form and filled it out all over again. When I clicked the validation, the "validated" box says yes, so I saved the form and thought it finally worked.
However, when I opened the form again for a final check before uploading it with IRCC web form. ( There was a glitch in my CIC like lots of people here, and I never received any messages requesting the required documents.)

Well, I was already worried if I was considered to miss the deadline to submit the documents and didn't want to take any more risk of delay or rejection by not taking action since I was confirmed on the requested documents, so I attached the Schedule A, PCC and screen shots with a letter of explanation on the issue of validating Sch A.

I guess I'll just have to wait and see.
they take a while to confirm the receipt of additional docs. people here, like mlabella, received the email saying it was forwarded to the visa office after 3 days. mine took a month. i've read that a lot of people were having trouble validating sched a and i think cic just considered.