+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

ayien05

Star Member
Feb 19, 2017
LONDON ONTARIO CANADA
you can't apply online for pr spouse sponsorship with owp. both have to be on paper. you need birth certs of yourself and all your family members/dependants either accompanying or not. for your sponsor, it is optional since you can choose to submit a copy of his passport or citizenship cert (refer to checklist). the questionnaire you answered online is just to determine your eligibility. you need to gather the missing documents/ correct errors in your first application then re-submit by mail to cpc-m

I do know that po, my question might be confusing but What I am asking is how to apply for an extension for my husband thru online.. cuz when I tried last night I have to answer questionnaires then the result was apply for spouse thing... which on the other hand I already apply for spouse sponsorship and owp. Thru paper . But got returned cuz they wanted the birth certificates of mine and family whether accompanying him or not,

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you call them they might just tell you what kind of document they have requested. I think it's probably Schedule A and PCC.
I called twice regarding this missing correspondence issue but both times the answer was unclear. Although the agent on the line assured me that the rest of communication would be fine.
hi

what options do you select to talk to an agent ? i have tried like 10s of times for last few days (between 8 am and 5 pm) but have never been able to get hold of a physical agent. :(

Emily89

Star Member
Dec 14, 2016
@Jiro and others: I am a bit confused! After uploading SchA and PCC, do I also have to post them???
I am in the same boat... I have uploaded them as they were due on June 8th but havent heard anything since. I hear from some people who have called they are being told that there is a backlog and is taking longer then usual for them to receive documents through the webform. So I'm on the fence about whether to send them through the mail or just to wait and hope.

Reactions: marrynated

Emily89

Star Member
Dec 14, 2016
hi

what options do you select to talk to an agent ? i have tried like 10s of times for last few days (between 8 am and 5 pm) but have never been able to get hold of a physical agent. :(
I would try them first thing in the morning or last thing maybe around 3... To get through to them for sponsorship PR issues I would press 1's the whole time.

Yulia V

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
upfront/passed
@Jiro and others: I am a bit confused! After uploading SchA and PCC, do I also have to post them???
You don't have to. People do it to be on a safe side. In my case, I found mailing it more helpful than sending via IRCC web form, because the next day mailing room received my Schedule A, the status changed to: We are processing your background check.

ZhabaHulk

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Airdrie, Canada
Category........
Other
hi

It's my secret weapon :D
Just kidding..

The scheme I used is quite simple:
1. Call ---> first goes language preferences, you listen to it, then the lady starts to talking about parents and grandparents program and blah-blah-blah.. Once she starts offering you all dial options ---> press 2;
2. Then she switches to talking about sponsoring or smth like that ---> press 1 immediately.
3. She: "You want to sponsor your spouse?" ---> press 0 right away, do not wait until she finishes the speech.
Although it's not a perfect remedy, if you know what I mean, you still have to try this sequence several times to get through machine and not to get cut off.
First time I called I got through pressing 3 at the beginning (which is caregiver's program) and then randomly pressing 2,1,3,0 very fast. I didn't even hear what the voice was saying and then I got put on hold. Waiting time was: ˜36 min.
Second time I used the sequence above and got through after 6 tries. Waiting time on hold: ˜24 min.

So my conclusion is the faster you get to "0" option, aka "talk to agent", the higher chance to get to one. :)

ZhabaHulk

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Airdrie, Canada
Category........
Other
You don't have to. People do it to be on a safe side. In my case, I found mailing it more helpful than sending via IRCC web form, because the next day mailing room received my Schedule A, the status changed to: We are processing your background check.
Not in all cases tho!
I sent mine in on May 29th, they got it on Jun 2nd. Today is Jun 14 and the status is still the same as before.
So.. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Orisk

Feb 25, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 10th, 2017
AOR Received.
March 8th, 2017
Just curious... is anyone else stuck waiting for there OWP like me. Applied feb. 6th.. they still haven't processed any since january 26th. I like there pilot for us but we might as well wait until we get PR at this rate because it still takes 119 days to complete a paper application. I'm sorry to everyone waiting like I am as not being able to work stinks.
Applied Feb 10th. Still haven't gotten it yet =(

Orisk

Feb 25, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 10th, 2017
AOR Received.
March 8th, 2017
After last week's glitch I received the official medical request today. Applied inland Feb 10th, 2017.

Does this mean I have SA? Surely they wouldn't request for medicals unless your application was somewhat approved? Is there a possibility that they are moving really fast with my application? I don't usually see the requests of medicals until the very last stage. From the spreadsheets, it looks like people get DM after a couple of weeks/months of submitting medicals.

Reactions: jeet07

Black Beauty

Jun 14, 2017
Hi guys inland sponsorship

Here is my process

App received Feb 9
Aor March 3
Schedule A sent may 11tJune14 medical requested
Request was made March 16 for schedule A I didn't know until I called the callcenter in the middle of may. I then upload it through web for and send a copy through mail. Got a request that medical was requested about a week ago in my online account, but no message in my account. I found out there was a glitch in their system. Today I received a message requesting medical with the instructions.

Emily89

Star Member
Dec 14, 2016
Hi guys inland sponsorship

Here is my process

App received Feb 9
Aor March 3
Schedule A sent may 11tJune14 medical requested
Request was made March 16 for schedule A I didn't know until I called the callcenter in the middle of may. I then upload it through web for and send a copy through mail. Got a request that medical was requested about a week ago in my online account, but no message in my account. I found out there was a glitch in their system. Today I received a message requesting medical with the instructions.
Hi question....

What address did you send you original Schedule A's and PCC too? Did you put a cover sheet or anything to say what it was you were sending? or just the requested documents?

Thanks!

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hi question....

What address did you send you original Schedule A's and PCC too? Did you put a cover sheet or anything to say what it was you were sending? or just the requested documents?

Thanks!
Here are the addresses for CPC-Mississauga:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/mississauga.asp

Regular mail only:
CPC-Mississauga
P.O. Box 5040, Station B
Mississauga, ON
L5A 3A4

If using courtier (FedEx, ups, purrolator,...)
Courier address (no public drop-offs)
2 Robert Speck Parkway,
Suite 300
Mississauga, ON
L4Z 1H8
Fax: 905-803-7392

Reactions: Emily89