App. Filed.......
21-03-2017
Doc's Request.
04-04-2017
AOR Received.
03-04-2017
Med's Request
06-06-2017
Not exactly. The simple fact of applying for spousal sponsorship does not extend your status, you should extend it to maintain your legal status in Canada. However, applying for an OWP with your spousal sponsorship application does extend your legal status (as long as you still had legal status when CIC received your application). Between the time your current status expires until CIC makes a decision on the OWP, you'll be on an implied status as a visitor.
But then after you have received the OWP you are no longer on implied status and you need to extend your stay? or are you allowed to stay until your OWP expires or a decision is made on your case?

This is confusing, if you have an OWP it would seem impossible to extended a visitor visa as you are no long on the visitor visa.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
But then after you have received the OWP you are no longer on implied status and you need to extend your stay? or are you allowed to stay until your OWP expires or a decision is made on your case?

This is confusing, if you have an OWP it would seem impossible to extended a visitor visa as you are no long on the visitor visa.
Your OWP gives you a legal status here, so until your OWP expires, your status will be valid in Canada. If your OWP is about to expire and you didn't get your PR yet, you can apply to extend your OWP, but with nowadays timeline, I don't think you would need to renew it.

Reactions: Raffowl92

Jiro

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28-03-2017
Doc's Request.
17-04-2017
AOR Received.
11-04-2017
Med's Request
26-01-2018
Med's Done....
06-03-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2018
Hi everyone, planning on submitting our application to sponsor my husband over the next few days and need some clarification regarding these issues:

1. Under IMM5533 Document Checklist (7th) question : If you are currently living together please provide the documentation from below 3 options
  • a. Joint ownership or rental agreements
  • b. Proof of joint utilities bill.
  • c. Important documents where it shows both sponsor and the applicant are living in the same address.
For option (a) we are currently living with my parents and we don't have an official document about the rent or lease. For even option (b) we don't have any utilities bill, just a joint bank account. Is there any alternative solution for this?

2. Also, we are waiting for his family's attested birth certificates and family form (from Pakistan) and it is taking very long and is holding up our application (Document checklist says it is required, he has no dependents who are being sponsored with him). Is this necessary if we supply them with photocopies of his family's passports? Does his family include his sibling's spouses?

3. He has lived in Canada since he was 22, does he still need a Police Certificate from Pakistan or will he only need it from Canada? Just wondering if we should request the Police Certificate with the birth certificates to minimize delay?

Thank you so much, this forum has been invaluable!!
Here are some of my interpretations of those rules. We submitted in March 2017 and so far, there has been no negative pushback from IRCC regarding our application.

1. We submitted joint bank account statement and copies of drivers licenses since all the rental agreements were under my name. I have also heard of other applicants getting an affidavit signed from parents stating that the sponsor and applicant were living with them.
  2. I am not familiar with the the country specific requirements for Pakistan, but any document not published in English must have an original certified copy provided to IRCC. Therefore a registered notary in Canada must see the originals before creating a certified copy. Therefore, I do not think photocopies of passports will be acceptable.
  3. Yes. Any country where they lived longer than 6 months will require a PCC. We supplied them for all countries that my spouse lived since 18.

Reactions: sk21

macs

Jun 9, 2017
Hi guys,

I hope everyone applications are going well. I am reaching out as 5 weeks ago I received a letter from CIC stating, '...pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre in Vancouver will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent residence.'

But I am still waiting for CIC to follow up from this letter. I regularly check my online profile but this has not been updated and still says reviewing whether you are eligible [I understand other people are experiencing this online].

Does anyone know
1) how CIC contact you for this appointment [email, postal letter, phonecall]
2) the approx. wait time in Vancouver at present for this appointment [bit of a long shot query]
3) if you can speak to a agent over the phone [I tried contacting CIC but keep getting directed online or get a electronic voice response]

If anyone has any guidance or experience in this matter, it would be great to hear from you.

Cheers!

RAJE

Star Member
Mar 12, 2012
Visa Office......
CIO-sydney
App. Filed.......
25-06-2015
Doc's Request.
17-03-2016
Nomination.....
01-06-2015
AOR Received.
10-09-2015
Passport Req..
23 sept 2016
LANDED..........
22-10-2016
Hello everyone,
I need help asap!
I got my PR through AINP in Oct 2016 and I left Alberta after 2 months because i got married and my husband works in ontario. Now I want to sponser him.
Can anyone please tell me if cic can revoke my PR because I moved out of AB? Can I get an inquiry from them? Can they reject my sponsership application because of this?

PLEASE REPLY!
THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

maserati_elva

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
I called cic half an hour ago and they said they did not send me any medical request. He said being a March 2017 applicant its way too early for medical request. He said its most likely a system error and they will look into it.
I'm March Inland applicant. CIC has requested my medical examination on April 11, ( I got medical request form in the email) and I submitted them on April 20.

Reactions: KandyK

Jiro

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28-03-2017
Doc's Request.
17-04-2017
AOR Received.
11-04-2017
Med's Request
26-01-2018
Med's Done....
06-03-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2018
Hello everyone,
I need help asap!
I got my PR through AINP in Oct 2016 and I left Alberta after 2 months because i got married and my husband works in ontario. Now I want to sponser him.
Can anyone please tell me if cic can revoke my PR because I moved out of AB? Can I get an inquiry from them? Can they reject my sponsership application because of this?

PLEASE REPLY!
THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!
It seems this has been discussed before many times. Please use the search tool. Also, no one here is going to be able to provide an absolute guaranteed answer on what IRCC will do. Just opinions based on interpretations and experiences.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ainp-moving-to-another-province.267623/

RAJE

Star Member
Mar 12, 2012
Visa Office......
CIO-sydney
App. Filed.......
25-06-2015
Doc's Request.
17-03-2016
Nomination.....
01-06-2015
AOR Received.
10-09-2015
Passport Req..
23 sept 2016
LANDED..........
22-10-2016
It seems this has been discussed before many times. Please use the search tool. Also, no one here is going to be able to provide an absolute guaranteed answer on what IRCC will do. Just opinions based on interpretations and experiences.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ainp-moving-to-another-province.267623/
Thanks jiro for your reply
I am not worried about just moving. I am worried about my sponsorship application of spouse. Can they reject my sponsorship just based on the fact that I moved to another province ?
Thanks!

KandyK

Feb 9, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
O4-04-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
File Transfer...
05/10/2017
Med's Request
19/07/2017
Med's Done....
03/08/2017
LANDED..........
10/19/2017
I'm March Inland applicant. CIC has requested my medical examination on April 11, ( I got medical request form in the email) and I submitted them on April 20.
Really? So quick. They told me its too early to request medical.
What's your full timeline? What have you receive so far?

Matej

Apr 7, 2017
NinaM, just a small clarification re: your Criminal check request from CIC.
1. Did you get the request by regular mail or as email?
2. Is it request for Canadian criminal check or from other country?
Thanx.

maserati_elva

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
Really? So quick. They told me its too early to request medical.
What's your full timeline? What have you receive so far?
My timeline:
Application received: March 14,2017
AOR: March 23, 2017
PCC and Schedule A request: March 30, 2017
Medical request: April 11, 2017

I haven't got any new updates for my application since I submitted the medical exam on April 20.

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Hi everyone, planning on submitting our application to sponsor my husband over the next few days and need some clarification regarding these issues:

1. Under IMM5533 Document Checklist (7th) question : If you are currently living together please provide the documentation from below 3 options
  • a. Joint ownership or rental agreements
  • b. Proof of joint utilities bill.
  • c. Important documents where it shows both sponsor and the applicant are living in the same address.
For option (a) we are currently living with my parents and we don't have an official document about the rent or lease. For even option (b) we don't have any utilities bill, just a joint bank account. Is there any alternative solution for this?

2. Also, we are waiting for his family's attested birth certificates and family form (from Pakistan) and it is taking very long and is holding up our application (Document checklist says it is required, he has no dependents who are being sponsored with him). Is this necessary if we supply them with photocopies of his family's passports? Does his family include his sibling's spouses?

3. He has lived in Canada since he was 22, does he still need a Police Certificate from Pakistan or will he only need it from Canada? Just wondering if we should request the Police Certificate with the birth certificates to minimize delay?

Thank you so much, this forum has been invaluable!!
Note, IRCC's definition of a 'family member', as listed in the guide's Appendix A (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5525ETOC.asp#appendixa) is the "it is defined as a spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children."
So he would only need to provide birth certificates of his spouse (you, but since you're either Canadian or PR and you are the sponsor, this doesn't apply to you) and if he has any kids, then theirs. He doesn't need anyone else's. i.e parents, grandparents, siblings etc. don't count as 'family members' for IRCC in the sense of the application.

Reactions: sk21

Kjanzen

Jan 19, 2017
Hello everyone
I have silly question. I know, If I fly out of canada, I can't enter while my inland sponsorship file in process. But I want to know, if it's alright to fly within Canada. I'm concerned because my air ticket says something about eTA.
Thank you