Aimor27

Jun 2, 2017
App. Filed.......
08-05-2017
Doc's Request.
Included PCC in application package ; requested Schedule A dated June 9,2017
AOR Received.
01-06-2017
Is there anyone here in 2017 inland application have representative and choose not to link online application?

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
Is there anyone here in 2017 inland application have representative and choose not to link online application?
if you have a representative, you cannot link your application unless you will cancel your rep. correspondence goes to your rep first and then it's your rep that informs you. this is one of the disadvantages of having a rep because they act as a middle man.

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
Can't have a rep and link If im correct since you don't actually have your details

honeymelon

Jul 8, 2015
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
05-06-2017
I submitted my application yesterday June 2nd with my OWP!
I'm on iec that expires september. If by some chance I don't get my OWP before then, will I have implied status?
I've read a lot of people have received OWP within 2 months. Hoping this happens!

Jeffuk88

Jan 22, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
29-06-2017
Doc's Request.
26-06-2017
AOR Received.
26-06-2017
I submitted my application yesterday June 2nd with my OWP!
I'm on iec that expires september. If by some chance I don't get my OWP before then, will I have implied status?
I've read a lot of people have received OWP within 2 months. Hoping this happens!
You will have implied status as a visitor but you cant keep working on implied status with IEC

NinaM

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
Yes background checks are done when you get a DM letter. But the status might not get updated in the mycic account. In our case, my wife's mycic account was saying "we are reviewing your eligibility" and "we are doing background checks..." (probably not the exact wording, but that was the meaning) until she landed. Having AIP means you met eligibility criteria, having a DM letter means you passed background checks (and medical)...

Regarding the landing interview, yes both must be present. But there is no stress to have with this interview. It last 5-10 minutes maximum, they ask the PA: have you been charged or committed any crime in Canada or anywhere else in the world? Do you have any dependants that are not listed on that application? To the sponsor, they asked: you will have an undertaking engagement of 36 months starting today, do you still want to sponsor your spouse? Then they say congratulations you're now a permanent resident of Canada and they hand you the CoPR document.
Thanks again, sylvan1!
That was very helpful.

Jiro

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28-03-2017
Doc's Request.
17-04-2017
AOR Received.
11-04-2017
Med's Request
26-01-2018
Med's Done....
06-03-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2018
When did you apply?
Its all in my signature

App Filed: 28-03-2017
App Rec'd: 29-03-2017
AOR PA: 11-04-2017
AOR Spon: 12-04-2017
ECAS link: 16-04-2017
OWP app'd: 25-04-2017

Reactions: Aimor27

leehen

Feb 7, 2017
Hi everyone,

I am organizing my application right now. I am confused about it. I have seen that a lot of posts said we should separate documents by using paper clips or binder clips or envelopes. I have also seen that someone said the less paper clips the better.

So do we really need to separate each document? Or just put them in order following checklist with no paper clips. Which way is better? With or without paper clips?

Thank you guys!

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
Hi everyone,

I am organizing my application right now. I am confused about it. I have seen that a lot of posts said we should separate documents by using paper clips or binder clips or envelopes. I have also seen that someone said the less paper clips the better.

So do we really need to separate each document? Or just put them in order following checklist with no paper clips. Which way is better? With or without paper clips?

Thank you guys!
hi leehen! i organized my app into one giant binder clip i think and just put my docs in order. i inserted my owp app in the order of the checklist that says i am submitting an owp with my app then i just used a paper clip for that. and i think i used a small binder clip for the pics and put it in the back of the entire app then included it in the giant binder. lol. does it make sense? so i used very minimal clips. didn't even bother with cover pages like most people did.

envelopes are a no-no

Last edited:

Marina93

Dec 2, 2016
Manitoba
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
App. Filed.......
01-02-2017
AOR Received.
24-02-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
LANDED..........
31-01-2018
Hi everyone,

Thank you guys!
I used paperclips to divide each form and section of the app, and put the owp app in an envelope and then added it into a larger envelop with the entire pr app. I wouldn't stress too much about presentation. As long as everything is there in the order of the checklist you should be fine. They aren't going to return your app for using paperclips and envelopes.

Marina93

Dec 2, 2016
Manitoba
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
App. Filed.......
01-02-2017
AOR Received.
24-02-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
LANDED..........
31-01-2018
Hi everyone,

Thank you guys!
If you go to this link and check out "Step 5" it might help out a bit. They actually state to avoid binders but paperclips are okay. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5525ETOC.asp#documents

leehen

Feb 7, 2017
hi leehen! i organized my app into one giant binder i think and just put my docs in order. i inserted my owp app in the order of the checklist that says i am submitting an owp with my app then i just used a paper clip for that. and i think i used a small binder clip for the pics and put it in the back of the entire app then included it in the giant binder. lol. does it make sense? so i used very minimal clips. didn't even bother with cover pages like most people did.

envelopes are a no-no
Thanks itsats! I will try to use as less paper clip as possible.

leehen

Feb 7, 2017
If you go to this link and check out "Step 5" it might help out a bit. They actually state to avoid binders but paperclips are okay. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5525ETOC.asp#documents
I used paperclips to divide each form and section of the app, and put the owp app in an envelope and then added it into a larger envelop with the entire pr app. I wouldn't stress too much about presentation. As long as everything is there in the order of the checklist you should be fine. They aren't going to return your app for using paperclips and envelopes.
Thanks Marina! I think I worried too much. I separate each supporting documents by month using paper clip..... I will take them off and just use one paper clip per document.

Edwin&Sakiko

May 17, 2017
Hello,

I have applied my first package on March 17 and they are returned due to insufficient document. I have resubmitted whole documents and IRCC received them on April 20. However, I still haven't heard anything yet and I don't have application number. No e-mail no record on online account. Now I'm a bit worried since many of people here are receiving AOR already. Should I contact them to confirm if they are still in process or just be patient?

Appreciate any advise!
Thank you,