Med's Done....
03/08/2017
LANDED..........
10/19/2017
Reactions: ZhabaHulk

iamtamtam

May 1, 2017
Hello all,

I have submitted my one year visitor extension last month and currently still in processing.
Two weeks ago, I received AOR and started to have my UCI number from spouse sponsership.

I'm wondering if I should let CIC know I'm really under PR processing with PR application number/UCI for applying the 1 year visitor extension ?

If so, how can I contact CIC to give them the update?

Thanks.

iamtamtam

May 1, 2017
Hello all,

I have submitted my one year visitor extension last month and currently still in processing.
Two weeks ago, I received AOR and started to have my UCI number from spouse sponsership.

I'm wondering if I should let CIC know I'm really under PR processing with PR application number/UCI for applying the 1 year visitor extension ?

If so, how can I contact CIC to give them the update?

Thanks.
I have linked the PR app once I received AOR.
Both applications are in my online CIC account now.

Is that mean they (PR department and visa department) already know i'm under two applications at the same time?

b_miley

May 31, 2017
Hi,
I have a question. I just got married last April 30, 2017 and we are on the process of filling out my husband's application. He has a valid student visa. Is it necessary for him to apply OWP as well? Is there any income bracket to sponsor your husband?

Thanks
Emily

Marina93

Dec 2, 2016
Manitoba
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
App. Filed.......
01-02-2017
AOR Received.
24-02-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
LANDED..........
31-01-2018

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
Hi,
I have a question. I just got married last April 30, 2017 and we are on the process of filling out my husband's application. He has a valid student visa. Is it necessary for him to apply OWP as well? Is there any income bracket to sponsor your husband?

Thanks
Emily
he will be eligible for a pgwp after he finishes school but i'm assuming you will be applying inland so he would also be eligible for an owp. i think it would be in his best interest to apply for an owp because if he gets it then he won't have to worry about his work hours. student visas only get 20hrs part time during the semester.

there is no income bracket. my husband, who is my sponsor, is unemployed. although we don't have SA yet.

Reactions: b_miley

b_miley

May 31, 2017
he will be eligible for a pgwp after he finishes school but i'm assuming you will be applying inland so he would also be eligible for an owp. i think it would be in his best interest to apply for an owp because if he gets it then he won't have to worry about his work hours. student visas only get 20hrs part time during the semester.

there is no income bracket. my husband, who is my sponsor, is unemployed. although we don't have SA yet.
Thanks you for the response, may I know what is the pgwp is? and does he need his CENOMAR from the Philippines as well?
Do we need to provide the original copy of our marriage certificate and registration?

Thanks

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hi,

Thanks
Emily
Is he finishing his studies within the next year? If yes, then it's better to apply now for an OWP. If he is not finishing his studies within the next year, then he can just remain on his study permit during the PR process.
If you don't apply now for the OWP and he finishes his studies before the PR application is processed, he could also apply for a post graduation work permit (pgwp).

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
Thanks you for the response, may I know what is the pgwp is? and does he need his CENOMAR from the Philippines as well?
Do we need to provide the original copy of our marriage certificate and registration?

Thanks
you're welcome! PGWP is a post graduate work permit. he will qualify when he finishes a minimum of an 8-month program. i'm assuming he is taking at least an 8-month program because he has a student visa.

in my case, i was never married in the philippines and i entered canada as single so i did not provide a cenomar. i just provided a photocopy of our canadian marriage cert with our app.

sylvain1 is right. if he finishes within a year then its better to apply for the owp. i was given 2 years validity so it will cover the processing time of the pr app. but if he is doesn't finish for more than a year then maybe you can wait till he can get a pgwp. my concern is his owp might expire before he can enjoy the benefits of his owp. i bet school keeps him busy enough.

Last edited: