+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

mgt143

May 30, 2017
Any updates from applicants who sent their package during first week of May 2017?
My application was received May2nd, got the AOR May25, received request for Schedule A May26, uploaded the Schedule A through IRCC webform May29. That is it so far. How about you?

iamtamtam

May 1, 2017
My application was received May2nd, got the AOR May25, received request for Schedule A May26, uploaded the Schedule A through IRCC webform May29. That is it so far. How about you?
May I ask how did you receive the request of Schedule A? From online account or email?

I'm still waiting.

mgt143

May 30, 2017
May I ask how did you receive the request of Schedule A? From online account or email?

I'm still waiting.
Hello.
From my CAS online account
where it says they sent a correspondence on May26 but I never receive it on mycic account neither in my email, so i phoned IRCC what they sent and found out over the phone it was the request for Schedule A. Try
to register to CAS, https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do

iamtamtam

May 1, 2017
i just completed mine right now after calling the cic agent several times. fill out the IRCC webform with all your application info , agree with the consent, go to the next page and attach your Schedule A form there.
What about if I need a CIC letter for requesting police certificate for my home country?

Any idea?

fiojohn

Dec 17, 2016
Good Day All,
I am from Peru and married to a Canadian citizen and currently in Canada living with my husband. I'm in Canada under a VISITOR VISA. We've decided to do inland sponsorship and we are now gathering information to send to CIC.
As you all know, getting an answer from CIC takes quite a while.
Does any of you have any info if I could study while waiting for an answer from CIC? meaning, study without having to apply for a study permit. Do visitors can study? All I want to do for now, is study for TOEFL or CELPIP English test and I don't think will be longer than 6 months.
I found this info: "If you are in Canada you may choose to enroll in a course who's duration is of 6 months or less without a student permit".
Also, once I send my app to CIC and they confirm to receive it, does this change my status of being a visitor to something else?.
Thank you for the answer experts!

iamtamtam

May 1, 2017
Hello.
From my CAS online account
where it says they sent a correspondence on May26 but I never receive it on mycic account neither in my email, so i phoned IRCC what they sent and found out over the phone it was the request for Schedule A. Try
to register to CAS, https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do
I got the first email from CIC on May27 and linked my app online. Then got the second email on May 28 which is about sponser's UCI.

I checked on ECAS, it shows they sent a correspondence to me on May 28. I guess it means the second email I got?

Did you receive anything on May 26?
How many correspondences/email did you get from them so far?

iamtamtam

May 1, 2017
Good Day All,
I am from Peru and married to a Canadian citizen and currently in Canada living with my husband. I'm in Canada under a VISITOR VISA. We've decided to do inland sponsorship and we are now gathering information to send to CIC.
Does any of you have any info if I could study while waiting for an answer from CIC? meaning, study without having to apply for a study permit. Do visitors can study? All I want to do for now, is study for TOEFL or CELPIP English test and I don't think will be longer than 6 months.
I found this info: "If you are in Canada you may choose to enroll in a course who's duration is of 6 months or less without a student permit".
Also, once I send my app to CIC and they confirm to receive it, does this change my status of being a visitor to something else?.
If you send your PR application with OWP, you will have implied status. Otherwise, you have to do visitor extension to maintain your status in Canada.

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
Good Day All,
Once you applied for the sponsorship you're still a visitor. It doesn't change to anything else unless you've received approval or rejection and be sure to apply for an extension( if you do plan on being which I assume you will if applying in land) as then you will be without status. If your time is up after you've sent in for an extension and heard nothing back you will then be on the implied status until it's approved or denied.

As for studying I always thought you needed a study permit even if it was a six-month course but I am not 100% sure

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
please, i sent my app on May 5 , inland but i did not receive AOR so far. anybody received AOR???
That's okay. Expect it within a week or two it usually takes one to two months months max