+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

ajaxdude

Apr 28, 2016
Hello Everybody. Any news on the expedited program of CIC for family sponsorship where applications received last year will be completed by end of December 2017? Our timeline listed below:
Submitted - July 26, 2016
AOR - Aug 24, 2016
Medical - completed and passed Sep 17, 2016
OWP - Oct 25, 2016
May 16, 2017 - per CIC website, no interview required, they are processing our background check and application is in progress

Wondering if anyone out there got their PR approved already for those who applied mid-2016

Thanks.

lizzielino

Star Member
Apr 27, 2017
App. Filed.......
05-04-2017
Doc's Request.
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-04-2017
Hi Folks,

I received AOR on the 27th April , I am yet to get a request for schedule A should I be worried ? because I see a lot of you got request for schedule A a few days after AOR. Mine is over 2 weeks yet nothing. Also I still haven't been able to link my OWP and my visa status will expire 1st week in June which is about 3 weeks from now I hope it's not a problem if it expires and I haven't gotten my permit ? Thanks
Update: thanks finally I got the request to upload the Schedule A today after almost 20days of AOR, i uploaded successfully and yesterday I was finally able to link my OWP....

marrynated

Star Member
Dec 22, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I received a message in my MyCIC profile, saying:

"Schedule A: You have submitted an incomplete Schedule A Background / Declaration

(IMM5669) form(s). When filling out this form, you must provide details for every month and year since the age of 18 or the past 10 years from the date on which your application was received, whichever is most recent. There can be no gaps in this period of time. You may obtain this form at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5669E.pdf."

When filling my previous Schedule A form I made sure there is no gap in time!!! What is wrong here?

If you open the link above, you'll see, this IMM 5669E form is older than normal and has no verification button. What should I do?

subinchrn

Apr 18, 2017
I had submitted my wife's family sponsorship inland application on April 24th,2017. It reached CIC on April 27th. Any idea by when we would hear back from them regarding the approval and how long it takes to get a Open Work Permit?? Website says you hear back in 2 weeks but so far nothing...

lizzielino

Star Member
Apr 27, 2017
App. Filed.......
05-04-2017
Doc's Request.
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-04-2017
I had submitted my wife's family sponsorship inland application on April 24th,2017. It reached CIC on April 27th. Any idea by when we would hear back from them regarding the approval and how long it takes to get a Open Work Permit?? Website says you hear back in 2 weeks but so far nothing...
It takes 3weeks/a month to get AOR

3-4months to OWP(some get it earlier)

so you need to be patient

Ingridflores

May 15, 2017
Hi everyone!

I sent my application on April 31st and they received on May 2nd and I'm still waiting for their email.
I have some quick questions:
1. Do they ask for the police certificate to everyone or just some applicants? My police certificate is in Portuguese and I'm not sure if I should get it translated already as I don't know if they're gonna ask for it or not, so I don't wanna spend with the translation of they don't ask for it.
2. If they ask for it, should I also get one from Canada? I lived here when I was a student from April 2014 to August 2015 (the period when I met my husband) and then I got back to Brazil, and returned to Canada in February 2017 and my status now is as a visitor.

Thank you in advance! :)

Reactions: JudyMc

chiencarlos11

Nov 14, 2016
Hi everyone,

We mailed the application on April 9th and They received it on April 11th. We still waiting for AOR... Wife phoned CIC on May 12th and they told her that they still processing applications from April 4th.

leon9v

May 16, 2017
Hi, I submitted common law sponsorship inside Canada on Mar 29, 2017.
I got UCI and file# on April 18, and linked them to website on that day.
Since then, I haven't received any message in my CIC account.
I found that "We sent you correspondence on April 19, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the information that is required."
I haven't received any messages. Should I call at CIC? Should I start prepare Police check and medical exam now?
Thank you for your reply in advance.

ZhabaHulk

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Airdrie, Canada
Category........
Other
We mailed the application on April 9th and They received it on April 11th. We still waiting for AOR... Wife phoned CIC on May 12th and they told her that they still processing applications from April 4th.
I call them yesterday it also was 4th of April, I think they just stuck on this date. I wouldn't rely on that information.

If take the Inland Application spreadsheet and have a look at the average time between IRCC receiving the docs and issuing AOR it will show 19 days, for max: 49 days and min: 9 days.
In my experience it was ˜ 22 days, it's when my first application was returned back.

Yours was there for 32 days and you still have 17 more days to go until max lvl :D

chiencarlos11

Nov 14, 2016
I call them yesterday it also was 4th of April, I think they just stuck on this date. I wouldn't rely on that information.

If take the Inland Application spreadsheet and have a look at the average time between IRCC receiving the docs and issuing AOR it will show 19 days, for max: 49 days and min: 9 days.
In my experience it was ˜ 22 days, it's when my first application was returned back.

Yours was there for 32 days and you still have 17 more days to go until max lvl :D
Thank you ZhabaHulk. Hopefully we get AOR soon. Will keep everyone posted.

Reactions: ZhabaHulk

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Hi all, CIC received my application on May 16, 2017, I received the IRCC confirmation text message from the mailroom.
I see that based on the timelines most people receive their AOR within a month of the receiving date.
But, what about the email they send before, the one confirming that all documents were complete and they've started processing? Or is that not a thing and you just receive the AOR and nothing before that? (See image below)

WOLFHAWK

Feb 8, 2017
From FLORIDA IN Ontario Ca
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-MISS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
19-03-2017
wow, I haven't posted in awhile, I come back and they changed the whole site... SOOOO NOW IM LOST. lol
Can anyone tell me how to make the most recent response the top of the page.. instead of being page 41 ughh.. And how do you send a private message.. that used to be simple to do.. Profiler if your still on here can you message me, I got a question for you and you have always been such a huge help!!

WOLFHAWK

Feb 8, 2017
From FLORIDA IN Ontario Ca
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-MISS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
19-03-2017
I also meant to ask.. a ? about the OWP. I got my open work permit yesterday,, yesssss lol.. So when I go to apply for any job , where I come from we have to put or Social Security Number on Job apps... What Number do you use off the OWP when filing out Applications in Ontario for employment ??
The permit has several numbers on it.. one at the top in red and directly below that is a bold black number,,, down further are 2 more sets of numbers... one says Application/Demande and the below that is my UCI/UC #..
I would think you have to give a number here to your employer for at least Tax purposes....

HELP lol

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
I also meant to ask.. a ? about the OWP. I got my open work permit yesterday,, yesssss lol.. So when I go to apply for any job , where I come from we have to put or Social Security Number on Job apps... What Number do you use off the OWP when filing out Applications in Ontario for employment ??
The permit has several numbers on it.. one at the top in red and directly below that is a bold black number,,, down further are 2 more sets of numbers... one says Application/Demande and the below that is my UCI/UC #..
I would think you have to give a number here to your employer for at least Tax purposes....

HELP lol
If you don't already have a Social Insurance Number, you can go to a service Canada office with your OWP to get one. This is the number your employer will need for Tax purposes.

Reactions: WOLFHAWK

lizzielino

Star Member
Apr 27, 2017
App. Filed.......
05-04-2017
Doc's Request.
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-04-2017
Hi all, CIC received my application on May 16, 2017, I received the IRCC confirmation text message from the mailroom.
I see that based on the timelines most people receive their AOR within a month of the receiving date.
But, what about the email they send before, the one confirming that all documents were complete and they've started processing? Or is that not a thing and you just receive the AOR and nothing before that? (See image below)
Not a thing!! you just wait for 3weeks-a month, it is either your application is returned( because its incomplete) or you receive AOR (complete ). the wait could be killing. its just to sit back and wait.....:(

Reactions: shazahsan