+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

polar25

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Hi Folks

I submitted my application on March 2 and got AOR on March 20. Through the online checking tool, it says a correspondence was sent to me asking for schedule A, but I could not find it under my CIC account. I filed a tech issue on the web form and I think this is the only way to fix the tech issue. I got a reply 3 weeks later saying they are looking into the issue now, but it has been another 3 weeks, still nothing under my account and it's frustrating. Has anyone had the same issue? How did you guys get it fixed? Thanks a lot, folksI submitted my application on March 2 and got AOR on March 20. Through the online checking tool, it says a correspondence was sent to me asking for schedule A, but I could not find it under my CIC account. I filed a tech issue on the web form and I think this is the only way to fix the tech issue. I got a reply 3 weeks later saying they are looking into the issue now, but it has been another 3 weeks, still nothing under my account and it's frustrating. Has anyone had the same issue? How did you guys get it fixed? Thanks a lot, folks
you have to call and asked them to resend the documents they are requesting. in my case i called them so many times and send them message through webform. it took 3 weeks for them to resend to my CIC account and now im waiting for my PCC.

Last edited:

lizzielino

Star Member
Apr 27, 2017
App. Filed.......
05-04-2017
Doc's Request.
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-04-2017
Hi,
Can one use E-cas link to view OWP after linking?
how do we get updates( see when its approved etc)
or we just wait and when it is ready we see it in the mail

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
Hi,
Can one use E-cas link to view OWP after linking?
how do we get updates( see when its approved etc)
or we just wait and when it is ready we see it in the mail
You have to sign up for MyCIC and then you can check the OWP application there.

Source_Of_Smile

Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-10-2018
Nomination.....
AINP
AOR Received.
05-10-2018
File Transfer...
NO - Inland
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
The same problem many are experiencing. There is a glitch in their system. I had the same problem and what you can do is call IRCC and ask them which documents have been requested (most likely Police certificates and Schedule A). The lady I talked to sent an inquire to the application centre to resend the correspondence and I received the email next day to send Schedule A and Police Certificate.
Thanks, I did it today, let see when I will get their response.

Source_Of_Smile

Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-10-2018
Nomination.....
AINP
AOR Received.
05-10-2018
File Transfer...
NO - Inland
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
I dont think there is any requirement that your medical checks have to be done in your home country. All that is required is that it is done by an approved panel physician which CIC lists a directory.

As for timing, the recommended timeline is that you go get the checks when the CIC requests them. However, now that the applications are promised to be completed within 12 months, some people have submitted them upfront. Since the medical checks are good for one year, they theoretically will still be valid by the time they get to reviewing your file. Under the old system, there were many stories of applicants having to redo medical checks since they had expired while in process.
Did you send your OWP with application or did you send it after AOR ?
Any updates on OWP? Thanks in advance :)

Dyljay56

May 15, 2017
Hi all,

I just got engaged to a wonderful Canadian.
I'm from France and we are getting married in January.
The plan would be to get married in Toronto and proceed with an inland application.

I have read most of the thread as I'm about to embark in that same journey of endless applications and stress in a few months..

However, since I'm actually coming to Canada to get marry my fiancee and file a PR application, should I reveal my intentions to the custom while arriving in Canada or should I hide it and just say that I'm visiting?

Thanks in advance for your advice and best of luck to all those waiting on a decision.
It's good to see that we are not alone

Jeffuk88

Jan 22, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
29-06-2017
Doc's Request.
26-06-2017
AOR Received.
26-06-2017
Hi all,

The plan would be to get married in Toronto and proceed with an inland application.

I have read most of the thread as I'm about to embark in that same journey of endless applications and stress in a few months..

However, since I'm actually coming to Canada to get marry my fiancee and file a PR application, should I reveal my intentions to the custom while arriving in Canada or should I hide it and just say that I'm visiting?

Thanks in advance for your advice and best of luck to all those waiting on a decision.
The advice is never lie to the border agents.

Having said that, if you tell them your intent they may turn you away knowing you dont intend to leave on your 'visit'

ZhabaHulk

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Airdrie, Canada
Category........
Other
....should I reveal my intentions to the custom while arriving in Canada or should I hide it and just say that I'm visiting?
Honestly, I did not reveal my intentions to the border officer when I came down to my fiance, cause I'd been told that it could jeopardize my passage through the border.
Even though I had a kennel with my cat in it hanging over my shoulder, and according to my passport I had been in a hell of a travel to get to the small city of Calgary, I looked her (border officer) in the eye and said that I am here to visit my friend (which was partially true) and observe some see sights. When she asked for how long am I planning to stay, I said two weeks. When she asked what on earth am I going to do here for so long, I don't remember what exactly I had answered but smth like going to rent a car and travel surrounding areas: to the Banff and stuff.

I could be blamed for lying to the officer, but weren't they so over suspicious towards legal visitors, who has no intentions to do the process of family rejoining illegally at the first place, I'd have done things differently. Maybe I am wrong anyway, but at least I am here now with my husband.

Waitingonthemlike

Apr 19, 2017
application sent dec 29 2016 receive AOR a few days after. OWP came in march 2,2017 and note this application is under commonlaw sponsorship ......receive medical request today..so things is looking up they are moving very fast:):):)

itsats

Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
MISS
App. Filed.......
Feb10 2017
Doc's Request.
Sched A Mar20 2017
AOR Received.
Mar14 2017
Med's Done....
May10 2017
hi Lizzielino,
thanks for the answer. Any info about costs on this medical in Canada?
hi i did my medical exam with dr. ablorin in calgary on may 11 2017. its 220 for the dr, 42 for labs, 78 for xray. i did it all on the same day.

Reactions: Source_Of_Smile

Jiro

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28-03-2017
Doc's Request.
17-04-2017
AOR Received.
11-04-2017
Med's Request
26-01-2018
Med's Done....
06-03-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2018
Did you send your OWP with application or did you send it after AOR ?
Any updates on OWP? Thanks in advance :)
We submitted everything at once. PR application and OWP. OWP was approved and received less than 3 weeks from AOR.

Reactions: Source_Of_Smile

Jiro

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28-03-2017
Doc's Request.
17-04-2017
AOR Received.
11-04-2017
Med's Request
26-01-2018
Med's Done....
06-03-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2018
Hi all,

The main point is dual intent and is a frequent topic of discussion when people want to apply inland vs. outland. IRCC allows dual intent for the purposes of an inland spousal application. So you will have to let the border agent know of your intent to apply while having to show proof that your visit is temporary and that you have ties back in France that can return to. The last thing you want is to have the border agent deny you entry which will stay on record.

In our case, we were married in Asia several years ago before returning to Canada after two years in the US. Upon entry, we did the above. To show our intent to apply we had all the application forms printed in draft, got photocopies of all the required attachments and had receipt of payment. Receipt of payment seemed to be the one that did the trick. At over 1000 CAD, it is a strong indication if someone will or will not actually apply. My spouse was given a 6 month Visitor's Record which formalized entry into Canada (since spouse's home country is visa-free entry). OWP was received a month after we sent in our application.

Source_Of_Smile

Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-10-2018
Nomination.....
AINP
AOR Received.
05-10-2018
File Transfer...
NO - Inland
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
is there any email, where i can send my schedule A form to cic. Still i can not see correspondence request on my link account because of technical fault.

Aigangat

Feb 6, 2015
Hi everyone,
Can u guys tell me What is OWP ?
M new for this process, I applied on may-02-2017 and waiting for AOR.
What will the next step after aor?

Thanks

ZhabaHulk

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Airdrie, Canada
Category........
Other
Hi everyone,
Can u guys tell me What is OWP ?
M new for this process, I applied on may-02-2017 and waiting for AOR.
What will the next step after aor?

Thanks
OWP - Open Work Permit.
I believe, next step they will ask you to provide Schedule A and Police Clearance.