Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
29-06-2017
Doc's Request.
26-06-2017
AOR Received.
26-06-2017
At which stage do they START processing the OWP? As soon as they receive it or when they approve the sponsor?

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
At which stage do they START processing the OWP? As soon as they receive it or when they approve the sponsor?
If your status was still valid when you submitted your application, they start working right away and it is usually processed in 4 months (although some 2017 applicants got it a little bit earlier than the 4 months). If you were out of status, you can apply only after sponsor approval.

Jeffuk88

Jan 22, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
29-06-2017
Doc's Request.
26-06-2017
AOR Received.
26-06-2017
If your status was still valid when you submitted your application, they start working right away and it is usually processed in 4 months (although some 2017 applicants got it a little bit earlier than the 4 months). If you were out of status, you can apply only after sponsor approval.
I will either be in status as a worker if my marriage certificate comes in time, if not I'll be on implied status as a visitor since ive already applied to extend my stay as a visitor. How long does it usually take for them to acknowledge theyve received your application? I'm worried my status will change between sending it and them looking at it since my work visa expires june 5th

Jiro

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28-03-2017
Doc's Request.
17-04-2017
AOR Received.
11-04-2017
Med's Request
26-01-2018
Med's Done....
06-03-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2018
In the letter CIC send me regarding requested documents it says: Please send the requested information / document(s) and all future inquiries with respect to your application via the Case Specific Enquiry form at the following link: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx.

Shall I send it through their webform, like they say, or through my account?

We just sent ours through the CSE webform. Since we were part of the applications with the technical glitch where requests for data did not show up in myCIC, there was no way for us to actually upload the documents.

Reactions: Annjo89

zhang4

Feb 20, 2017
Hi Folks

I submitted my application on March 2 and got AOR on March 20. Through the online checking tool, it says a correspondence was sent to me asking for schedule A, but I could not find it under my CIC account. I filed a tech issue on the web form and I think this is the only way to fix the tech issue. I got a reply 3 weeks later saying they are looking into the issue now, but it has been another 3 weeks, still nothing under my account and it's frustrating. Has anyone had the same issue? How did you guys get it fixed? Thanks a lot, folksI submitted my application on March 2 and got AOR on March 20. Through the online checking tool, it says a correspondence was sent to me asking for schedule A, but I could not find it under my CIC account. I filed a tech issue on the web form and I think this is the only way to fix the tech issue. I got a reply 3 weeks later saying they are looking into the issue now, but it has been another 3 weeks, still nothing under my account and it's frustrating. Has anyone had the same issue? How did you guys get it fixed? Thanks a lot, folks

TheImmigrator

Apr 24, 2017
@TheImmigrator - Hey, I would suggest you to contact the CIC helpline, there is a glitch in their system where they send you a correspondence which should trigger an email to your myCIC account but its not working properly. Hence, your ECAS shows they sent you a correspondence but you don't get anything.

Mostly, at this stage it is about Schedule A and PCC. Call them and make sure what was the message about and make arrangements to get them uploaded by the web form.
Thanks very much Gary :) I appreciate the advice. I will call them next week.

lizzielino

Star Member
Apr 27, 2017
App. Filed.......
05-04-2017
Doc's Request.
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-04-2017
Hi Folks,

I received AOR on the 27th April , I am yet to get a request for schedule A should I be worried ? because I see a lot of you got request for schedule A a few days after AOR. Mine is over 2 weeks yet nothing. Also I still haven't been able to link my OWP and my visa status will expire 1st week in June which is about 3 weeks from now I hope it's not a problem if it expires and I haven't gotten my permit ? Thanks

Emily89

Star Member
Dec 14, 2016
So it doesn't´t matter if you have Windows or Mac, Schedule A doesn't´t have barcodes?
Correct. I have asked this question with all answers saying they didn't have barcodes and a few people saying they sent in their Schedule A with no problems.

Reactions: Annjo89

VenaticBrit

Aug 14, 2015
Hey,

I'm currently in Canada on an IEC visa which expires on the 22nd August. I recently applied for PR and they received my application on the 18th April.

I received an email on the 9th May asking me to create an online account with a UCI and application number. How long should I be expecting to wait for an AOR in the mail? And do you think it's likely I will be able to sort this all out before the 22nd August?
Me and my girlfriend are starting to get a bit anxious now about this whole situation as I've been reading it can take 4months to get an OWP which will mean I have to leave and come back possibly?

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
I will either be in status as a worker if my marriage certificate comes in time, if not I'll be on implied status as a visitor since ive already applied to extend my stay as a visitor. How long does it usually take for them to acknowledge theyve received your application? I'm worried my status will change between sending it and them looking at it since my work visa expires june 5th
so in your case.. within the 4 months! as implied status isn't exactly out of status.

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
Hey,

I'm currently in Canada on an IEC visa which expires on the 22nd August. I recently applied for PR and they received my application on the 18th April.

I received an email on the 9th May asking me to create an online account with a UCI and application number. How long should I be expecting to wait for an AOR in the mail? And do you think it's likely I will be able to sort this all out before the 22nd August?
Me and my girlfriend are starting to get a bit anxious now about this whole situation as I've been reading it can take 4months to get an OWP which will mean I have to leave and come back possibly?

You can file to have your visa extended. As for the AOR in the mail.. you can receive it within 30 days.. I believe I received mine in 2 weeks. For everything however to be sorted out by August is hard to say especially since you're a 2017 In-Land applicant. They are aiming to do applications within 12 months which is an improvement from 26. They're currently working on applications from March 28th 2016.. and yes OWP are approved within 4 months roughly

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
Hi Folks,

I received AOR on the 27th April , I am yet to get a request for schedule A should I be worried ? because I see a lot of you got request for schedule A a few days after AOR. Mine is over 2 weeks yet nothing. Also I still haven't been able to link my OWP and my visa status will expire 1st week in June which is about 3 weeks from now I hope it's not a problem if it expires and I haven't gotten my permit ? Thanks

Linking isn't really an issue. Once you've actually sent in the application that is what matters. The OWP takes approximately 4 months to process but once you've sent it within being "in status" you should be fine.

Reactions: lizzielino

fiojohn

Dec 17, 2016
Good day everyone,
First, Happy Mother's Day to all mothers!.
Im from Peru and in Canada for about 2 months now, thanks God my Visitor visa was approved. My husband is canadian (not resident) but we haven't started the inland paperwork yet, different reasons. We want to start them now. But is it true, that I have to get some medical certificates or checks, for the inland sponsorship that HAVE TO BE DONE IN MY HOME COUNTRY? do you guys know, WHEN approximately do I have to do this medical tests along the process of inland sponsorship?. I am worried because I have a return ticket to Peru for may 23th, this is kind of requirement when applying for TRV, and if I do need to have this medicals done in my home country, I could just take the fly to Peru and get it done now instead of waisting it and having to buy another ticket later on.
Also, if I do fly home to get this medical done, would I be able to come back any time?

Thank you for your help guys!

fiojohn

Dec 17, 2016
Good day everyone,
First, Happy Mother's Day to all mothers!.
Im from Peru and in Canada for about 2 months now, thanks God my Visitor visa was approved. My husband is canadian (not resident) but we haven't started the inland paperwork yet, different reasons. We want to start them now. But is it true, that I have to get some medical certificates or checks, for the inland sponsorship that HAVE TO BE DONE IN MY HOME COUNTRY? do you guys know, WHEN approximately do I have to do this medical tests along the process of inland sponsorship?. I am worried because I have a return ticket to Peru for may 23th, this is kind of requirement when applying for TRV, and if I do need to have this medicals done in my home country, I could just take the fly to Peru and get it done now instead of waisting it and having to buy another ticket later on.
Also, if I do fly home to get this medical done, would I be able to come back any time?

Thank you for your help guys!