Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
29-06-2017
Doc's Request.
26-06-2017
AOR Received.
26-06-2017
I'm confused about the police checks... when I did research on the PR application 2 months ago I read that you don't need to get police checks before sending the application since they will request them at a certain point. Is this correct? What re applying in 4/5 weeks depending on when our marriage certificate arrives so I don't know whether to send off for a canada and uk police check now so I have them

Yulia V

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
upfront/passed
Jeffuk88 said:
I'm confused about the police checks... when I did research on the PR application 2 months ago I read that you don't need to get police checks before sending the application since they will request them at a certain point. Is this correct? What re applying in 4/5 weeks depending on when our marriage certificate arrives so I don't know whether to send off for a canada and uk police check now so I have them
The reason why people send their police checks together with their application is that it doesn't create delays in processing your application. If you wait for them to contact you, and then wait to get your police certificates - it will take up to a couple weeks or even a month for them to arrive. But again, it's only up to you. You can apply for police checks now so that when they request it - you will have them ready

Jeffuk88

Jan 22, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
29-06-2017
Doc's Request.
26-06-2017
AOR Received.
26-06-2017
Yulia V said:
The reason why people send their police checks together with their application is that it doesn't create delays in processing your application. If you wait for them to contact you, and then wait to get your police certificates - it will take up to a couple weeks or even a month for them to arrive. But again, it's only up to you. You can apply for police checks now so that when they request it - you will have them ready
It won't matter if at the time of submission the police check is from a few weeks/couple of months prior?

Yulia V

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
upfront/passed
Jeffuk88 said:
It won't matter if at the time of submission the police check is from a few weeks/couple of months prior?
Well, mine were 3 weeks old by the time I applied and they accepted them and didn't request another one.

Badi

Jun 13, 2011
Hello All,

Quick question for inlanders. What are the steps is it the same as outland process or not.
I applied Dec 21 2016
Recieved AoR for both PA and Sponsor on Jan 20 2017
Recieved an email to apply for CSQ since im in Quebec
CSQ issued on April 11th 20q7
Since then nothing happened except Background are processing.

I called cic yesterday they said we are still processing the bacground checkfor PA, i asked if i got approved as a sponsor they said still process. SO I wonder how long it takes after that to get approved as sponsor or approved as PA

May 3, 2017
I am a Canadian citizen who is sponsoring my Australian husband(married over 2 years). His international experience visa expires August 30th 2017 so hopefully OWP (won't link) Comes by then.

My husband sent our application to PO BOX via registered mail (by accident); I was worried it wouldn't be received at a Po box as it needs a signature. I had read several people note that they sent via registered mail and it was never received into system. Thankfully it was signed for.

Just received aor so linked application online using uci and "2" people on application.

Two questions:
1. I Was wondering if anyone else's status showed
*back ground details showed "not applicable"
*review of additional documents "not applicable"

2. I see people writing about ECAS for updates on application. While I was able to link mycic online application I couldn't for Eva's. Perhaps this happens later.

We did send in police checks from Australia and Canada for him and Canada for me upfront, but they were from 2015(from my Australia PR application) and expected a request for new ones. We did pre fill out schedule a as well. No medical submitted with application.

MAILED: April 5th
CANADA POST SHOWED SIGNED FOR: APRIL 7th
AOR TO PA : May 3rd

marrynated

Star Member
Dec 22, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For police certificate, should we mail the original or photocopy?

Also, here's my question:
Since 18, I have lived in Canada for 7 years and in my home country for 5 years. According to guidelines, I am assuming I only need to send PCC from Canada, right?

Vandave

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
Tsawassen, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
From all you guy's experiences, most of people got OWP within 2 month.
Great news for us.
Question here: anyone experienced difficulty to get international tuition refund using OWP?

Annjo89

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015
Wuf13 said:
Hello, does OWP link starts with "W" and then numbers? I read your post and tried to link my OWP today. Ive found in my GCKey under Application Type it's state as Online Application. Is it true?

Thanks
Did you succeed to link your OWP?

Annjo89

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015
abcdmud said:
I was just now able to link my OWP application online. Hope everything goes well with it. I had to get my passport renewed after i submitted, but I got conf from CIC that my new passport documents were well received.

I am still going to try to call them and confirm
How did you link your OWP?
What is the "right" combination?

polar25

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Hi Forumers,

Just a quick question i received an update on my CIC account with comments on my Schedule A:
Schedule A: You have submitted an incomplete Schedule A Background / Declaration
(IMM5669) form(s). When filling out this form, you must provide details for every month and year since
the age of 18 or the past 10 years from the date on which your application was received, whichever is
most recent. There can be no gaps in this period of time. You may obtain this form at:
www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5669E.pdf. This must be received at this office by:

when i check this link the form was dated: December 2012 is this the right form for Schedule A?

bajanqueen

Star Member
Jan 26, 2017
The schedule A that was recent was dated December 2016. But on checking the application kit just now the link to get this form is not highlighted anymore. So best to call and confirm they are accepting the old one again.

Jiro

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28-03-2017
Doc's Request.
17-04-2017
AOR Received.
11-04-2017
Med's Request
26-01-2018
Med's Done....
06-03-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2018
There's a new Schedule A out there as bajanqueen mentioned. It is an editable PDF with a validation macro that spits out a page of barcodes. Those barcodes summarize the entire form. I can imagine that instead of having agents read through pages of forms, they have software that picks up "flags" and only notifies an agent if there is something of interest. IRCC most likely wants you to submit your Schedule A using that new form. If you've filled it out already, just copy and paste the information into it.

HInland

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
Passport Req..
20-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
LANDED..........
13-10-2016
Just for the ones waiting for the AOR... My application was received on April 13th and after 22 excruciating days waiting for the first AOR I decided to call them to ask what is going on. And seems like they still processing applications Received on Aptil 4th. :eek:
I gees we will have to keep waiting.

Vandave

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
Tsawassen, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
HInland said:
Just for the ones waiting for the AOR... My application was received on April 13th and after 22 excruciating days waiting for the first AOR I decided to call them to ask what is going on. And seems like they still processing applications Received on Aptil 4th. :eek:
I gees we will have to keep waiting.
It seems slowing down? I mailed mine May 2nd and waiting.