21-03-2017
Doc's Request.
04-04-2017
AOR Received.
03-04-2017
Med's Request
06-06-2017
Hey guys,

We submitted as common law on Mar 22, and had our application linked to the principal applicant on April 3rd with the AOR on April 4th.

However we still haven't gotten a sponsor AOR and the applicant's MyCIC account is showing no messages and no requests. They have not asked for medical, sched a or police certs yet, and it seems like we are about a month behind everyone else that submitted at similar times.

Any idea what is going on? Worth a phone call to CIC?

Thanks

Jiro

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28-03-2017
Doc's Request.
17-04-2017
AOR Received.
11-04-2017
Med's Request
26-01-2018
Med's Done....
06-03-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2018
Raffowl92 said:
Hey guys,

We submitted as common law on Mar 22, and had our application linked to the principal applicant on April 3rd with the AOR on April 4th.

However we still haven't gotten a sponsor AOR and the applicant's MyCIC account is showing no messages and no requests. They have not asked for medical, sched a or police certs yet, and it seems like we are about a month behind everyone else that submitted at similar times.

Any idea what is going on? Worth a phone call to CIC?

Thanks
Check eCAS instead of MyCIC. We found out that they sent out correspondence on there instead of the linked application. We are going to send Schedule A and PCC by uploading it anyway even without getting that email.

Also, we sent a Case Specific Enquery via MyCIC. 10 days later we got a response from the IRCC that they will check into the glitch. At least we have a confirmed response back from an agent with their badge number in case they say we are overdue on the items.

May 3, 2017
Hi everyone,

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask this question in, please feel free to redirect.

I recently got married to an American and we are debating inland vs outland application. The OWP makes inland very appealing as we could physically be together much sooner, so I was wondering if anyone here got married before their spouse came to Canada, then had their spouse move to Canada and then applied for inland and OWP immediately after?

Americans don't need a specific visa ahead of time to visit Canada, so if she travelled here by car with her two cats and her minimal possessions, and a copy of the mostly filled out paperwork that we intend to submit, do you anticipate she would have issues at the border, given that she very clearly would not be intending to leave, but would also clearly be intending to stay through legitimate means?

Seems like it could be a catch 22 as she needs to be here to apply for inland, but to enter the country, she has to be allowed in on visitor status, which is usually only acceptable with proof of intent to leave. :-\

Thanks in advance!

Jiro

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28-03-2017
Doc's Request.
17-04-2017
AOR Received.
11-04-2017
Med's Request
26-01-2018
Med's Done....
06-03-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2018
bolderthingtodo said:
Hi everyone,

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask this question in, please feel free to redirect.

I recently got married to an American and we are debating inland vs outland application. The OWP makes inland very appealing as we could physically be together much sooner, so I was wondering if anyone here got married before their spouse came to Canada, then had their spouse move to Canada and then applied for inland and OWP immediately after?

Americans don't need a specific visa ahead of time to visit Canada, so if she travelled here by car with her two cats and her minimal possessions, and a copy of the mostly filled out paperwork that we intend to submit, do you anticipate she would have issues at the border, given that she very clearly would not be intending to leave, but would also clearly be intending to stay through legitimate means?

Seems like it could be a catch 22 as she needs to be here to apply for inland, but to enter the country, she has to be allowed in on visitor status, which is usually only acceptable with proof of intent to leave. :-\

Thanks in advance!
IRCC allows dual intent for the purposes of an inland spousal application. So you will have to let the agent know of your intent to apply while having her show proof that her visit is temporary and that she has ties back in the US that she can return to.

In our case, we were married in Asia several years ago before returning to Canada after two years in the US. Upon entry, we did the above. To show our intent to apply we had all the application forms printed in draft, got photocopies of all the required attachments and had receipt of payment. Receipt of payment seemed to be the one that did the trick. At over 1000 CAD, it is a strong indication if someone will or will not actually apply. My spouse was given a 6 month Visitor's Record which formalized her entry into Canada (since spouse's home country is visa-free entry). OWP was received a month after we sent in our application.

That being said, looking on the US Outland thread on this forum, the average seems to be about 5-6 months for the full process. This seems to be the fastest of any PR application process and could be something to consider if your priority is speed. There is also nothing stopping your spouse from crossing the border for a couple of weeks at a time to visit while her application is underway. She could also continue employment during that process and work "remotely" when visiting you in Canada.

Final thought: in our experience of all the required supplementary documents required, the FBI background check took the longest. It was about 10-11 weeks from the date we posted the application to the FBI to the day we received the results in Canada. So keep that in mind when you plan your application.

tklhui

May 8, 2017
Hi all,

I've been seeing most people receive AOR within a month or so of the application being received. I sent my application for my Korean wife to be processed in-land on April 4 and it was received April 6, but I still have not heard from cic. Do you think this indicates something went wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Yulia V

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
upfront/passed
Hey guys,

I just got my OWP approval yesterday ( so it took a little less than 2 months...yay). I still can't see any messages on Mycic, but I can see updates, which is good too.

Does anybody know what a "first stage approval" is? Is that SA? I need it to get my TRV.

Thank you ;)

longh0rn

Mar 16, 2017
Hey guys,

I just got my OWP approval yesterday ( so it took a little less than 2 months...yay). I still can't see any messages on Mycic, but I can see updates, which is good too.

Does anybody know what a "first stage approval" is? Is that SA? I need it to get my TRV.

Thank you ;)
Congrats! I wish I could say the same, but I am getting close to the four month mark without any updates so far :(

Source_Of_Smile

Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-10-2018
Nomination.....
AINP
AOR Received.
05-10-2018
File Transfer...
NO - Inland
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Pretty common problem. There are some tips on the board that should help you link it.

What worked for me was putting a space in the city born and # of people to 2 (just me and partner)
Thanks, that work for me too. Use space in city born.

HInland

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
Passport Req..
20-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
LANDED..........
13-10-2016
We got the first AOR yesterday afternoon. Glad things are moving

Annjo89

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015
Hi,

CIC received our application April 5.
When I log in to On-line Services to see application status, this is was I read:

We sent you correspondence on April 27, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

But I have not received any message about requested documents....

Annjo89

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015
Great
what combination did u use? I have been trying to link mine for 10days now no luck
I used Temporary Residence - Work permit and Extension
UCI and Family Name
Place of birth: nothing in city/town just press Space button - select your country/territory of birth
Passport number, country of issue, issue dare and expire date
What type of work permit: Open
Information about applicant´s work in Canada:
- current country of residence: Canada
- current martial status
- Which situation applies to the applicant? Applied for permanent residence as a spouse or common-law

Yulia V

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
upfront/passed
Hi,

CIC received our application April 5.
When I log in to On-line Services to see application status, this is was I read:

We sent you correspondence on April 27, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

But I have not received any message about requested documents....
The same problem many of us are experiencing here. There is a glitch in their system. So what you can do - is call IRCC and ask them which documents have been requested (most likely Police certificates and Schedule A), they will advise you to submit them via their web-form.

Annjo89

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015
The same problem many of us are experiencing here. There is a glitch in their system. So what you can do - is call IRCC and ask them which documents have been requested (most likely Police certificates and Schedule A), they will advise you to submit them via their web-form.
I tried to call them but because of the high volume they couldn't forward me to an agent... so try again during the day.