+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

oMapletree

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
Did you as PA receive this notification or did the sponsor? And was this via e-mail?
Actually i was never notified that they started reviewing my eligibility . I saw one of the Dec applicant told about his eligibility started, So i also checked in my CIC account and there was update that mine Eligibility has started. I would recommend that don't rely on E-mails or notifications . The best you can do is call CIC or regularly checking here and your GCkey account and ECAS. :)

Lemur

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
Actually i was never notified that they started reviewing my eligibility . I saw one of the Dec applicant told about his eligibility started, So i also checked in my CIC account and there was update that mine Eligibility has started. I would recommend that don't rely on E-mails or notifications . The best you can do is call CIC or regularly checking here and your GCkey account and ECAS. :)
Good for you! Congratulations again!

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hi everyone!

Quick question (so hard to get a hold of cic.. :( ) .. we have gotten our landing interview and PR status on September 28 :) It usually take 4-5 weeks for the PR card to arrive in the mail. We are on the last week to receive it. On the website, it advises to submit another request to obtain it in the mail once the 6 weeks are up but we have some travel plans coming up so I wanted to check on status (maybe they never sent it? was hoping I could check if they had). I know I am still within the 6 weeks so it may arrive this week but Im already feeling a little worried since requesting another PR card may take another 4-6 weeks and we are planning a trip in the next couple of months. Any thoughts or suggestions? Has this happened to anyone? What did you do?

Thank you and good luck everyone!
The normal processing time is always around 60-65 days for the initial PR card. Right now, the information on CIC website is 64 days...
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
AIP is your "DM on both side" my guy.
yes and no.... Yes having DM on both sides means that AIP was granted, and even more, that the application is now approved. But having the AIP letter allow the PA to apply for the provincial health insurance program using that letter, so it's always nice to have it. If not, the PA will have to wait for the landing and register using the CoPR document.

Reactions: SsJohn

princessjustin24

Jan 26, 2018
i called cic and the agent didnt tell me if my application was approved but i got dm on both sides. she just said to wait for a letter from etobicoke office and that it could take up to 10 weeks because that location is so busy.

DariaZ

Star Member
Apr 21, 2018
Hello everyone, I am looking for applicants that have landed/will land in Ottawa. How long did it take you to get the landing letter from the Ottawa office?

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
So sad to hear that
It's all good now they asked us to email them another report but then suddenly after three weeks they changed their minds and pushed it though. I had contacted my MP so maybe our inquiry escalated it and a higher person said that we didn't need it. I'm not really sure. Just happy we are done and have a landing appointment finally !

Reactions: tiffany47

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
I’ve been 7 weeks now. Still nothing happens.
Have they asked you for any other documents ? They did for us that's why we were so delayed in the final stage, I also went to my MP as we were past the 12 month mark. I think it made them take a closer look at our file and make the final decision, which ended up them not needing the additional documents after all. I really can't give you a reason why it was like this and why they changed their mind.

Reactions: Hanh my

tiffany47

May 16, 2018
It's all good now they asked us to email them another report but then suddenly after three weeks they changed their minds and pushed it though. I had contacted my MP so maybe our inquiry escalated it and a higher person said that we didn't need it. I'm not really sure. Just happy we are done and have a landing appointment finally !
I just want it finished soon. Since I planned to come home this Christmas. But i guess now it could not happen.

Reactions: Danish1371